Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Nordic league

Old
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
perklunt
qwerty

vCash: 500
oh obviously its just hate towards Russia and KHL, nothing more. Arguments like Sweden is special country and our fans are not like anywhere else in Europe is just laughable. My opinion.

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklunt View Post
oh obviously its just hate towards Russia and KHL, nothing more. Arguments like Sweden is special country and our fans are not like anywhere else in Europe is just laughable. My opinion.

Love your logic, "they don't seem to agree with us.. they must hate us!!!!!11!!!"

Good luck with that attitude to life..

And yes in someway's we are, our tax system and the 51% rule, makes it impossible for us to match a KHL team economically.
I'm sure the tax system hate's you too..

AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Glory

Quote:
whats the problem of creating a new team like hc Lev? And locate them somewhere in Stockholm ))
Wait, is this serious? No one would go to the games or even care for that team. We already gott Djurgården, AIK and Hammarby

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:26 PM
AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Wait, is this serious? No one would go to the games or even care for that team. We already gott Djurgården, AIK and Hammarby
Don't try to answer with a logical argument, because we apparently hate the russians so much.
We're not interested in watching Polish hockey in Sweden, but the Polish people seem to be fine with that. But just because we're not interested in their teams we hate them...

Old
05-04-2012, 06:33 PM
perklunt
qwerty

no im just judging seeing some coments few of you fellas, no offence. BTW im not a supporter of expanding into Sweden or Finland if u want to know, i dont care tbh )

Old
05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
AE

Quote:
no im just judging seeing some coments few of your fellas, no offence. BTW im not a supporter of expanding into Sweden or Finland if u want to know, i dont care tbh )
Maybe talking about stuff they know nothing about and crying like a 3yo who doesn't get their way has something to do with it.... just a hint..

And honestly i couldn't care less of what you think, it's never gonna happen anyway..
And don't be offended, i'm not interested in what you think about what's gonna happen if hell freezes over either.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:53 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
If you have an opinion about something and you want to discus it, it's best to have arguments supporting it.
I wrote it many times, read again

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:24 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

AIK signed aggreement with Salavat Yulaev Ufa about cooperation. AIK initiated it!!!!!! What do you think? Yep, I guess, bad AIK, bad AIK.. they want to cooperate with KHL club.

There will be friendlies among seniors/juniors + exchange of knowledge (coaching,d eveloping kids)

Old
05-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
AIK signed aggreement with Salavat Yulaev Ufa about cooperation. AIK initiated it!!!!!! What do you think? Yep, I guess, bad AIK, bad AIK.. they want to cooperate with KHL club.

There will be friendlies among seniors/juniors + exchange of knowledge (coaching,d eveloping kids)
Seems like good things coule come from this. Hope it turns out well for both parties. Do you know any more specifics?

One idea is to have some sort of super series after all the European leagues playoffs are over. Every champion from all the countries (including Russia obviously) would play a small ammount of games, almost like the champions legue group stage except there would be no playofs and the winner of the group wins the entire tournament. This could generate a good ammount of revenue and rivalry since the teams participating would have won the cup and hockey interrest should be as high as ever in the Citys where the teams come from.

There would be more teams than in a CL group of course but this could postpone the WC leading to better players being available since there are going to be more teams knocked out of the NHL playofs.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:52 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:

Cooperation is never wrong. If Swedish clubs find ways to cooperate with Russian, Finish, Canadian etc clubs then great, does not mean they have to play in the same league all of a sudden.

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Seems like good things coule come from this. Hope it turns out well for both parties. Do you know any more specifics?
no, I dont. It seems russians want to learn something about developing kids + friendly matches during summer (next august will Salavat Yulaev and its jr.team-Tolpar travel to Stokholm to play any tourney or so). Maybe AIK website will publish more details. I know that czech Energie Karlovy Vary had (or still have??) such cooperation with Salavat Yulaev, czech team joined pre-tourney in Ufa during august last years. Energie joined MHL, russian junior league, a few days ago.

Quote:
One idea is to have some sort of super series after all the European leagues playoffs are over. Every champion from all the countries (including Russia obviously) would play a small ammount of games, almost like the champions legue group stage except there would be no playofs and the winner of the group wins the entire tournament. This could generate a good ammount of revenue and rivalry since the teams participating would have won the cup and hockey interrest should be as high as ever in the Citys where the teams come from.

There would be more teams than in a CL group of course but this could postpone the WC leading to better players being available since there are going to be more teams knocked out of the NHL playofs.
something like that I would love. I know that it is neccessary to keep rivarlies within league. It works everywhere, not only Sweden. On the other hand Europe needs something more than domestic leagues (to popularize hockey, get revenues, fans interest, keep best players etc).

Old
05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
cheerupmurray

I think it´s a cool idea with a Nordic league or a west-europe league. The problems are obvious though, swedish hockey is all about rivalries and supporting your team trough years and years, not about the hotdogs nor the entertainment of watching great hockey really.

It´s a really tough sell to a swedish audience, and it would take lots of years of a Nordic league, to get people to care about a game against, lets say, Jokerit.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
no, I dont. It seems russians want to learn something about developing kids + friendly matches during summer (next august will Salavat Yulaev and its jr.team-Tolpar travel to Stokholm to play any tourney or so). Maybe AIK website will publish more details. I know that czech Energie Karlovy Vary had (or still have??) such cooperation with Salavat Yulaev, czech team joined pre-tourney in Ufa during august last years. Energie joined MHL, russian junior league, a few days ago.

something like that I would love. I know that it is neccessary to keep rivarlies within league. It works everywhere, not only Sweden. On the other hand Europe needs something more than domestic leagues (to popularize hockey, get revenues, fans interest, keep best players etc).
It will be interresting to se what the cooperation will bring for sure. Maybe we'll se more russians in the SEL in the future through some sort of exchange program?

I think the European hockey legues needs to be brought closer together in some way. It's key to get hockey growing in Europe again.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
It will be interresting to se what the cooperation will bring for sure. Maybe we'll se more russians in the SEL in the future through some sort of exchange program?
who knows?? there were rumours last summer that some young Russian (Bocharov believe) joined a swedish club (on loan or so). It did not happen in the end. Personally, I dont think that KHL clubs will use SEL as a farm/developing league (like NHL does, example of Zibanejad - he signed with Sens but is on loan in SEL). KHL has been creating its own developing system (VHL as farm/developing league, MHL as junior one), I believe Sweden did the same in past. Right? It is one reason I say NO. Another one is social enviroment, culture, another type of hockey. Of course, few russians can sign with SEL in future but I dont think it will be organized system (exchange program) in near future.

Quote:
I think the European hockey legues needs to be brought closer together in some way. It's key to get hockey growing in Europe again.
agree.. domestic leagues should not block it.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Make

I'm siding with my Swedish friends here. I think a national league is worth preserving, be it Sm-liiga or Elitserien. I'm not interested in the KHL much at all, but I know the interest is growing a bit in Finland too.

There's so much unfulfilled potential in the domestic leagues. Finnish teams are only now starting to be professionally run. Besides, I just don't see how our clubs could possibly compete with the rich Russian clubs in the same league. Eventually it would only result in our juniors being bought at 17 to Omsk or something. Generally, I don't have a problem with the "lower" quality of play in Finland. There are rivalries, traditions etc. that make up for it. Besides, it's not like the difference in quality is huge compared to the KHL. Domestic leagues have a purpose too in the overall development of Finnish hockey. If the four biggest teams just left the league and joined the KHL, it would be a massive blow to the clubs left behind. Interest in hockey would probably diminish.

A Champions league of hockey would be amazing. Something like 2-3 teams from Sweden, Finland, Germany and Switzerland, perhaps 4 from Russia.

Make is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Eventually it would only result in our juniors being bought at 17 to Omsk or something.
study KHl rules pls, would not happen ever.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Garl

Quote:
study KHl rules pls, would not happen ever.
People are not obligated to be KHL geeks like you. If you want to explain smth, do it, instead of making advices like "learn about KHL rules". Of course if everybody will learn them there will be no questions like that, but guess what? Nobody cares that much to waste their time on such deep knowledge.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:37 PM
perklunt
qwerty

yeap, vorky hold your horses a little bit

Old
05-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Hv71

One thing that will make it very hard for teams in sweden to compete with teams in khl is the taxes here are much higher so teams wont be able to pay as much as the russian teams. And away games wont be ther same as it is now in SEL where i go and see most of the away games.. no way in hell i will make it to moscow and back to work the day after Dont know much about khl since most of the team sites are in only russian and i dont understand anything. no hate for the khl tho i watch some games now and then alot of very skilled players there, but all in all i want my HV71 to play in sweden maybe get 2-4 more teams in to the SEL

Hv71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:13 PM
GoAttackGo

I dont really know how the Scandinavian leagues work in terms of fan support and such, but it seems like its sporting culture is different from the North America sporting culture. It seems like in Finland and Sweden, people support only support one team and tends to be there local team, where in North America, at least where I'm from, it seems like people have like there main team but don't mind seeing other teams doing good, but most people from Toronto dont want the Canadiens do well and vice versa. There are similarities however; for example a lot of Canadians probably won't watch Florida v Phoenix. The difference is Canada and the US have for the most part have always shared major sports leagues, this is partly due to Canada and the US being really big and therefore parts of Canada may have more in common with the US then another parts of Canada, and thus it just makes sense to have leagues that crossed borders. The exception being the CFL and NFL, but even then a lot of Canadians follow American football aka NFL. I think from the KHL standpoint, it wishes Europe had the view of North American's, that is create a league where borders are not as important.However, at the same time it wants Russia to be the home of hockey. The big challenge being sporting culture in Europe seems complelty different and rather see there domestic leagues do well ie more nationalistics, whereas North Americans like to see the same, but to lesser extent and rather see the best players, play against each other regardless of nation or team. Therefore the KHL and any sorts of European league is going to face challenges, as long as there is emphasis on national leagues

GoAttackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAttackGo View Post
I dont really know how the Scandinavian leagues work in terms of fan support and such, but it seems like its sporting culture is different from the North America sporting culture. It seems like in Finland and Sweden, people support only support one team and tends to be there local team,...
Not Sweden and Finland alone, that is fan culture outside NA. Fans might change teams when watching other sports, but in the same sport - no way. In many cases the clubs have teams in different sports, like hockey and football (soccer) and in those cases the fans of course stay with one team across different sports.

And there is always a focus on the local team, even though clubs can have supporters across the country as well of course. But if a Manchester United fan (soccer) was interested in hockey, he would never start cheering for a London team. He would go watch his local team.

Last edited by icing: 05-13-2012 at 05:55 AM.
icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Jeepers Creeper

vCash: 50
I like the idea of a league between teams form Sweden and Finland, based on a similar concept as the NHL separated into two, "Eastern" and "Western" conferences. Majority of games in the regular season would be played within the conference and in the playoffs the conference champions would face each other in a 7-game final series.

Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Not Sweden and Finland alone, that is fan culture outside NA. Fans might change teams when watching other sports, but in the same sport - no way. In many cases the clubs have teams in different sports, like hockey and football (soccer) and in those cases the fans of course stay with one team across different sports.

And there is always a focus on the local team, even though clubs can have supporters across the country as well of course. But if a Manchester United fan (soccer) was interested in hockey, he would never start cheering for a London team. He would go watch his local team.
please dont say about all nations. HC LEV Poprad had support of majority of fans in Slovakia/Czech rep regardless local teams. Fans support local team and HC LEV in KHL at the same time, no problem. Maybe it does not work in your country, but it does not mean it does not work in another.

btw, there will be meeting about european club hockey future next summer. We will see results, I am sure that domestic leagues are not future of euro hockey.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:07 PM
kuf

Imagine going to away games in Siberia. Just not gonna happen. I think the SAIK fans have to travel far as it today.

kuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post

IMO, people do cheer for multiple teams in sports, but not in the same league like many ppl do in NA. As far as I know, pretty much everyone supports their local team in here, but they will also have some favourite team in EPL, La Liga, NHL etc. when they want to see higher quality play.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote