HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Downie could have been a Leaf

Old
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
You know why I get so frustrated? People treat me like a liar when I'm 100% sincere because they just don't want to believe something.

Used the internet to find it: link

Okay now?
thank you this is the first time i am hearing of this, hence i asked, i have been looking over reilly and more in the OHL than the WHL, sorry if I came of as an ass.

04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
thank you this is the first time i am hearing of this, hence i asked, i have been looking over reilly and more in the OHL than the WHL, sorry if I came of as an ass.
Thanks LR. I still like Brad Ross a lot. These guys with a fire in their belly aren't always angels in their younger years.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
Thanks LR. I still like Brad Ross a lot. These guys with a fire in their belly aren't always angels in their younger years.
Agreed.

Oh I am aware but I know players like Downie and some of my friends play in the CHL(QMJHL really), and they know or knew players like kassian and I can tell you that guy is more of a rat than ross, because god damn it I hate him. I am not saying Ross is an angel, I know he is a pest and he runs his mouth to get under people's skin, thats fine but then there are people like downie who takes it to another level and then kassian who after doing a head shot to Blacker, stated next time he would hit him harder? Those are the people I just can't stand.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Can you explain the timing then? If Cox actually had a source that said anything about Downie around deadline day, would he not have mentioned the potential deal then. Why the long wait.

My thoughts are: The Leafs are not in the playoffs, the draft is a ways away and no member of the team or management has said or done anything lately that the media can turn into a story. Since anything Leafs related sells papers, Cox put togeather a rumour to get some controversy going.
TO media policy. You see it on twitter a lot. Every story non leaf related, they somehow manage to turn it into "this team did this right, how come the Leafs didn't do exactly this". Extremely predictable...

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:39 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Nope.

Neither does Keith Aulie.

Where are you going with this?

Aulie for Ashton was horrible like I have said many times, the Human Turnstile made the trade necessary.

Ashton has upside.....he went pointless in 15 games. No visible signs of offensive upside at all.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Burke is flipping this team this offseason for size. = immediate need.

Then Aulie should have stayed if it was a trade made for size.....

6'6" 217lbs......small!

Liles should have gone!

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Then Aulie should have stayed if it was a trade made for size.....

6'6" 217lbs......small!

Liles should have gone!
Burke's mentioned size upfront a number of times, but I can't remember him saying the D needs to get bigger.

Aulie may turn out to be the better player, but Burke traded from a position of strength for an organizational weakness getting a similar prospect in return.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Ricky Bobby

Downie is a better player now, a far better player at a similar age now and in his junior years and odds definitely say he should be the better player in the future than Ashton.

Just cause Ashton is a Leaf since the deadline doesn't make him anything special. Just like Kadri isn't a true blue-chip prospect like some try to claim. And just like saying Ross is going to be like Tucker is unrealistic at this point.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote