HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Which available goalie do you think is the best viable option for the Bolts?

Old
04-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We have no need for Loktionov. We'd want a young D coming back if we're giving up the 10 + Connolly. I can't see you moving Voynov and I'm not sold on some of your prospects.
Alec Martinez and I would easily do it.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
What's with your man crush on Martinez? You'd trade Connolly and a 10th for Bernier and Martinez? I personally don't think Martinez is much of an upgrade to Lee and with the 10th we could get someone much better than Martinez.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
What's with your man crush on Martinez? You'd trade Connolly and a 10th for Bernier and Martinez? I personally don't think Martinez is much of an upgrade to Lee and with the 10th we could get someone much better than Martinez.
I don't even recall mentioning Martinez before but yes. I either want to acquire Bernier/Schneider and solve the goaltending issue for the next 10 years or see if Vokoun wants to go for another one year deal. We have enough forward depth to replace Connolly and a ton of picks even after trading the 10th. Small price to pay to fix a problem the Lightning have had for 8 years now.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM
tralsal12

Quote:
I don't even recall mentioning Martinez before but yes. I either want to acquire Bernier/Schneider and solve the goaltending issue for the next 10 years or see if Vokoun wants to go for another one year deal. We have enough forward depth to replace Connolly and a ton of picks even after trading the 10th. Small price to pay to fix a problem the Lightning have had for 8 years now.
I like this idea, however, I would want to try to keep the 10th pick as much as possible for pretty much a can't miss D man!! Maybe the Detroit pick, some seconds, or TB next year 1st pick in the deal since the odds are TB will be picking lower than this years 10th!! In addition to Bernier, a prospect added in the deal for the divvy!! If they get Vokoun, it would be nice to keep all those draft picks to use, while in future years finding good, young goalie talent to bring in!! I am not in for bringing someone like Loungo and his contract unless it is like maybe a 3rd round pick only...not even crazy about taking on that contract!!

tralsal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
Okay, TT is out of contention, I don't want him anywhere near TB if it's going to turn everything into a political discussion. Don't they have any perverts or alcoholics available who can play goalie? That would be far more preferrable.
I don't think Carey Price is available.

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralsal12 View Post
I like this idea, however, I would want to try to keep the 10th pick as much as possible for pretty much a can't miss D man!! Maybe the Detroit pick, some seconds, or TB next year 1st pick in the deal since the odds are TB will be picking lower than this years 10th!! In addition to Bernier, a prospect added in the deal for the divvy!! If they get Vokoun, it would be nice to keep all those draft picks to use, while in future years finding good, young goalie talent to bring in!! I am not in for bringing someone like Loungo and his contract unless it is like maybe a 3rd round pick only...not even crazy about taking on that contract!!
Without 10th pick you will not have deal for Bernier. You can look somewhere else.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Without 10th pick you will not have deal for Bernier. You can look somewhere else.
You keep saying that but you certainly don't speak for the fanbase. Again, LA did inquire about Malone earlier in the year, that team needs scoring help, and Bernier wont return what you think he would.

On the other hand, Berniers agent said he wont be dealt until Quick gets a contract, per DL.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
kinghock

Quote:
What about Bernier and Derek Forbort for Tampa 1st in 2012 and 1st in 2013 and Connolly?

Old
04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
What about Bernier and Derek Forbort for Tampa 1st in 2012 and 1st in 2013 and Connolly?
You have a very skewed idea of value.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
I'd pass.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
We have no need for Loktionov. We'd want a young D coming back if we're giving up the 10 + Connolly. I can't see you moving Voynov and I'm not sold on some of your prospects.
if Jack Johnson was there i would consider it, but they traded him away

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:11 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 0
Quote:
So essentially a 11th overall (Bernier) + a 15th overall (Forbort) for a 6th overall (Connolly), a 10th overall + our 1st rounder in 2013? Pass.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:45 AM
garmonbozia

Quote:
I would do it for Connolly and either the '12 or '13 1st, but not both. I also feel the Lightning would be overpaying at Connolly+1st for Bernier+Forbort, but like how it addresses needs.

garmonbozia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Speaking of Panik, how's he our top prospect? I'd gladly trade Det 1st(who many want to take a goalie with)+Panik+Gudas/Nesterov/Kucherov whichever Vancouver wants for Schneider. I don't see Panik or Gudas as much more than life long AHLers.
Panik has potential to be a PPG player in the NHL... Gudas can be a useful 3rd or 2nd pairing defense-man if keeps developing

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:10 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
You must've meant or in the somewhere instead of and. That's ridiculous overpayment by us, unless you throw in Muzzin and Loktionov. Fairest value IMO is Connolly + Det 1st. If you want the 10th you can get Panik instead of Connolly.

Old
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
You must've meant or in the somewhere instead of and. That's ridiculous overpayment by us, unless you throw in Muzzin and Loktionov. Fairest value IMO is Connolly + Det 1st. If you want the 10th you can get Panik instead of Connolly.
Panik is good, and i don't see us trading Connolly, 10th overall or our top prospect unless there is a Jimmy Howard or similar reward in the other end

Old
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You keep saying that but you certainly don't speak for the fanbase. Again, LA did inquire about Malone earlier in the year, that team needs scoring help, and Bernier wont return what you think he would.

On the other hand, Berniers agent said he wont be dealt until Quick gets a contract, per DL.
It is your personal opinion that Bernier won’t return what I think he would.
But it is only your personal opinion. Time will tell which opinion is the truth.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:50 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
It is your personal opinion that Bernier won’t return what I think he would.
But it is only your personal opinion. Time will tell which opinion is the truth.
Very true. I get where you're coming from, though - certainly don't HAVE to move him, but I also have to wonder what LA is going to do with a few expiring contracts. Stoll, Penner, Parse, and Frazier come off the books and you'd imagine LA could get better value out of someone other than Penner.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
Panik is good, and i don't see us trading Connolly, 10th overall or our top prospect unless there is a Jimmy Howard or similar reward in the other end
I'm not saying Panik sucks but he hasn't been producing like a PPG player in the AHL like someone mentioned he could be in the NHL. I see him as a very talented winger but a tad lazy like a lot of European players. I'd more than give him up than Connolly in a trade. Howard is good but I think Bernier has much more potential he just hasn't had a chance to show if. Plus Detroits system makes a lot of goalies look good so not sure how good he really is. I also don't think SY goes by HF rankings on prospects he has his own rankings on our prospects so who knows who's number one on it.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Very true. I get where you're coming from, though - certainly don't HAVE to move him, but I also have to wonder what LA is going to do with a few expiring contracts. Stoll, Penner, Parse, and Frazier come off the books and you'd imagine LA could get better value out of someone other than Penner.
I understand your point, but LA will not trade quality for quantity.
Also next year we are expecting Holloway, Loktionov and Toffoli join Kings and Fraser will be resigned.
And finally, LA is becoming attractive free agent destination with current playoff performance.

Last edited by kinghock: 04-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
So essentially a 11th overall (Bernier) + a 15th overall (Forbort) for a 6th overall (Connolly), a 10th overall + our 1st rounder in 2013? Pass.
I hate this logic. It is just plain dumb. Datsyuk was a late round pick but he would pull in that whole trade. Its pointless to define a players worth by where they were drafted. There are tons of first round picks that get buried and never play again but with this logic still hold value due to being drafted high (Alexander Daigle, Rick DiPietro)

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I hate this logic. It is just plain dumb. Datsyuk was a late round pick but he would pull in that whole trade. Its pointless to define a players worth by where they were drafted. There are tons of first round picks that get buried and never play again but with this logic still hold value due to being drafted high (Alexander Daigle, Rick DiPietro)
RDP is good when he's healthy, which is basically never.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
I'm not saying Panik sucks but he hasn't been producing like a PPG player in the AHL like someone mentioned he could be in the NHL. I see him as a very talented winger but a tad lazy like a lot of European players. I'd more than give him up than Connolly in a trade. Howard is good but I think Bernier has much more potential he just hasn't had a chance to show if. Plus Detroits system makes a lot of goalies look good so not sure how good he really is. I also don't think SY goes by HF rankings on prospects he has his own rankings on our prospects so who knows who's number one on it.
Panik will probably be a ~ 60 point player in the NHL, and i think Howard is better than Bernier, potential is one think skill is another.And i don't think Detroit would trade Howard for picks and prospects anyway, maybe Price if Montreal can't get him signed or Halak.
I would love one of Halak, Howard or Price.
By the way what would Kari Lehtonen cost?

Old
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
While this is true I see no reason at all to give up two 1st rounders (including this year's 10th overall) plus Connolly for that package. Call me crazy but IMO it just doesn't work value-wise.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
Panik will probably be a ~ 60 point player in the NHL, and i think Howard is better than Bernier, potential is one think skill is another.And i don't think Detroit would trade Howard for picks and prospects anyway, maybe Price if Montreal can't get him signed or Halak.
I would love one of Halak, Howard or Price.
By the way what would Kari Lehtonen cost?
We already got a goalie from Dallas. Didn't work out so well.

Lehtonen *could* possibly be moved, but whatever they receive would have to fit into their grand scheme more than a 28-year old starting goalie.

Which would be pretty steep as they're past the selling point of their rebuild.

That does spring an interesting question. Which teams are going to be looking for the rebuild now? As they'll be selling off first.

Carey Price in Montreal seems safe, whoever their new GM will be. He's young and good enough to fit into a 'rebuild', if they wish to pursue that.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote