HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which available goalie do you think is the best viable option for the Bolts?

Old
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
tralsal12

vCash: 500
More and more, I like the idea of bringing in Vokoun for a couple of years to see how things unfold with TB's goaltending prospects, or to see what other young, good goaltending prospects are available...Schneider will be to expensive, or not available for trade!!

tralsal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If you accept that parity may very well mean highly variable short-term fortunes, GET US VASILEVSKI!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If you accept that parity may very well mean highly variable short-term fortunes, GET US VASILEVSKI!
I'd rather we bring over Helenius and take a D or BPA in the draft than Vasilevski. The KHL is paying pretty well and less and less Russians are coming over and are leaving if they don't get big money or are a starter. I'd prefer to stay away from him unless we can get him in the 2nd round.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Glide5

So does anyone out there feel that Garon is a starting goalie? I cant decide if he is a great goalie that has never been given the chance to shine, or if he really is just an excellent back-up, but not a number 1.

I mean in my mind I would feel safe with him being our 1 this year if he is playing like he did before the injury. Im not sure how he is healing though, so that could effect things too.

I just wonder if it is better to use Garon 1 and Tik as the back-up, and put the money you saved on goalies into building up a better defense. no matter how good the goalie is, a bad defense will make them liik useless.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:55 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
So does anyone out there feel that Garon is a starting goalie? I cant decide if he is a great goalie that has never been given the chance to shine, or if he really is just an excellent back-up, but not a number 1.

I mean in my mind I would feel safe with him being our 1 this year if he is playing like he did before the injury. Im not sure how he is healing though, so that could effect things too.

I just wonder if it is better to use Garon 1 and Tik as the back-up, and put the money you saved on goalies into building up a better defense. no matter how good the goalie is, a bad defense will make them liik useless.
My opinion of him is that he's just a real solid backup.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:20 AM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I'd rather we bring over Helenius and take a D or BPA in the draft than Vasilevski. The KHL is paying pretty well and less and less Russians are coming over and are leaving if they don't get big money or are a starter. I'd prefer to stay away from him unless we can get him in the 2nd round.
i would not be surprised if we trade a 2nd rounder + something nice to get around the 25th pick.

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:47 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post

Garon had to step up this year and did surprisingly well. Under normal circumstances he's a solid backup able to play 35-40 games if necessary.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:49 AM
HedMonster 77

what would Minnesota want for Harding's rights and Jonas Brodin -
Detroit's 1st + what ?

Old
05-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

I doubt they're trading Jonas Brdoin

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:33 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
i would not be surprised if we trade a 2nd rounder + something nice to get around the 25th pick.
Who would we be trading up to 25 to get? What do you consider nice? We already have 2 good 1st rounders if anything we can package them to move up.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Who would we be trading up to 25 to get? What do you consider nice? We already have 2 good 1st rounders if anything we can package them to move up.
a goalie maybe, if the detroit pick stays ~20th we won't pick a G with it because players like Maata and Collberg may be available and if Steve Y wants Dansk, Subban or Vasilevski we need a pick around 25th overall

Old
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
a goalie maybe, if the detroit pick stays ~20th we won't pick a G with it because players like Maata and Collberg may be available and if Steve Y wants Dansk, Subban or Vasilevski we need a pick around 25th overall
We can get any of the 3 with our 2nd rounder, why give up picks to move up to get one? Unless SY wants one in particular, I think Subban of he 3 and he should be there in 2nd, maybe we move up in 2nd put to get to 25th would cost too much.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
TBLHoser

Has anyone considered the availability of Halak/Elliott? Might not be overly expensive.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Has anyone considered the availability of Halak/Elliott? Might not be overly expensive.
Yes, the idea has been floated. Personally don't see St. Louis in a rush to ship one out as both are signed through the next couple seasons and, given the defensive system Hitchcock has successfully implemented, keeping both is probably the safest play in terms of building on this season's success.

Last edited by nhljohnson: 05-06-2012 at 07:23 PM.
nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

I doubt we could get Halak for Malone straight up... now, Halak for Malone + 2nd round... m...

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I doubt we could get Halak for Malone straight up... now, Halak for Malone + 2nd round... m...
If St. Louis would do that and Malone would waive...I think we'd be nuts not to go for it. The guy's not even a year older than Cory Schneider and I'd say he's proven himself more than enough on two teams + international play.

That said, I don't think they move him, especially after they just got swept out with Elliott in goal (not that it was really his fault)

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Doubt this too. If STL is looking to move Halak it will be for an offensive star/sniper. They already have a Malone-esque player in Backes (who i think is a total beauty).

And frankly after watching Elliot's play in their sweep to LA I am not sure if they think he can ride solo anymore...

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Yzerman should scout Europe for potential suitors. It's worth the risk.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
True. Guys like Rinne and Ludqvuist were sniped really late in the draft. Vancouver has a prospect goalie in their system signed as a FA out of Europe that has been amazing so far and will likely be the back up in Vancouver next year.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:03 AM
LGB 26

Is calling players "a beauty" a Van. thing? I've never seen it used by anyone else.

LGB 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:26 AM
LightningStrikes

If the Blues had to chose between Halak and Elliott I'm pretty sure they would keep Halak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB 26 View Post
Is calling players "a beauty" a Van. thing? I've never seen it used by anyone else.
I think Don Cherry started it.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:32 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
From the main board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noma View Post
According to Finnish newspapeer Ilta-Sanomat, goalie Petri Vehanen has received offers from two NHL teams, one of which is the Boston Bruins. Vehanen is an 34-year-old goalie who was Team Finland's #1 goalie in last years World Championship. He was chosen as the best goalie in the KHL in 2010/11.

Source (in Finnish)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1185275

But sounds more like a Tim Thomas replacement.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:20 AM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I think Don Cherry started it.
This is probably accurate not sure though. My buddies fom Ontario say it too so maybe it's a Canadian thing?

Old
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
I'm sure he has, we have Helenius in our system and he was voted best goalie in Finland last season. I think he can get a shot in camp to make the team, he was picked 4 spots after Bernier so he's got potential. I think he finally put it together last season and hope we give him a legit shot this year.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
I'm sure he has, we have Helenius in our system and he was voted best goalie in Finland last season. I think he can get a shot in camp to make the team, he was picked 4 spots after Bernier so he's got potential. I think he finally put it together last season and hope we give him a legit shot this year.
Who does the voting?

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote