HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which available goalie do you think is the best viable option for the Bolts?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
  #101
tralsal12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
More and more, I like the idea of bringing in Vokoun for a couple of years to see how things unfold with TB's goaltending prospects, or to see what other young, good goaltending prospects are available...Schneider will be to expensive, or not available for trade!!

tralsal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  #102
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
If you accept that parity may very well mean highly variable short-term fortunes, GET US VASILEVSKI!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
  #103
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If you accept that parity may very well mean highly variable short-term fortunes, GET US VASILEVSKI!
I'd rather we bring over Helenius and take a D or BPA in the draft than Vasilevski. The KHL is paying pretty well and less and less Russians are coming over and are leaving if they don't get big money or are a starter. I'd prefer to stay away from him unless we can get him in the 2nd round.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
  #104
Glide5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
So does anyone out there feel that Garon is a starting goalie? I cant decide if he is a great goalie that has never been given the chance to shine, or if he really is just an excellent back-up, but not a number 1.

I mean in my mind I would feel safe with him being our 1 this year if he is playing like he did before the injury. Im not sure how he is healing though, so that could effect things too.

I just wonder if it is better to use Garon 1 and Tik as the back-up, and put the money you saved on goalies into building up a better defense. no matter how good the goalie is, a bad defense will make them liik useless.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:55 AM
  #105
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
So does anyone out there feel that Garon is a starting goalie? I cant decide if he is a great goalie that has never been given the chance to shine, or if he really is just an excellent back-up, but not a number 1.

I mean in my mind I would feel safe with him being our 1 this year if he is playing like he did before the injury. Im not sure how he is healing though, so that could effect things too.

I just wonder if it is better to use Garon 1 and Tik as the back-up, and put the money you saved on goalies into building up a better defense. no matter how good the goalie is, a bad defense will make them liik useless.
My opinion of him is that he's just a real solid backup.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:20 AM
  #106
HedMonster 77
Registered User
 
HedMonster 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I'd rather we bring over Helenius and take a D or BPA in the draft than Vasilevski. The KHL is paying pretty well and less and less Russians are coming over and are leaving if they don't get big money or are a starter. I'd prefer to stay away from him unless we can get him in the 2nd round.
i would not be surprised if we trade a 2nd rounder + something nice to get around the 25th pick.

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:47 AM
  #107
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
So does anyone out there feel that Garon is a starting goalie? I cant decide if he is a great goalie that has never been given the chance to shine, or if he really is just an excellent back-up, but not a number 1.

I mean in my mind I would feel safe with him being our 1 this year if he is playing like he did before the injury. Im not sure how he is healing though, so that could effect things too.

I just wonder if it is better to use Garon 1 and Tik as the back-up, and put the money you saved on goalies into building up a better defense. no matter how good the goalie is, a bad defense will make them liik useless.
Garon had to step up this year and did surprisingly well. Under normal circumstances he's a solid backup able to play 35-40 games if necessary.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:49 AM
  #108
HedMonster 77
Registered User
 
HedMonster 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
what would Minnesota want for Harding's rights and Jonas Brodin -
Detroit's 1st + what ?

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:55 AM
  #109
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 500
I doubt they're trading Jonas Brdoin

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:33 AM
  #110
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
i would not be surprised if we trade a 2nd rounder + something nice to get around the 25th pick.
Who would we be trading up to 25 to get? What do you consider nice? We already have 2 good 1st rounders if anything we can package them to move up.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
  #111
HedMonster 77
Registered User
 
HedMonster 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Who would we be trading up to 25 to get? What do you consider nice? We already have 2 good 1st rounders if anything we can package them to move up.
a goalie maybe, if the detroit pick stays ~20th we won't pick a G with it because players like Maata and Collberg may be available and if Steve Y wants Dansk, Subban or Vasilevski we need a pick around 25th overall

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
  #112
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
a goalie maybe, if the detroit pick stays ~20th we won't pick a G with it because players like Maata and Collberg may be available and if Steve Y wants Dansk, Subban or Vasilevski we need a pick around 25th overall
We can get any of the 3 with our 2nd rounder, why give up picks to move up to get one? Unless SY wants one in particular, I think Subban of he 3 and he should be there in 2nd, maybe we move up in 2nd put to get to 25th would cost too much.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
  #113
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Has anyone considered the availability of Halak/Elliott? Might not be overly expensive.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
  #114
nhljohnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Has anyone considered the availability of Halak/Elliott? Might not be overly expensive.
Yes, the idea has been floated. Personally don't see St. Louis in a rush to ship one out as both are signed through the next couple seasons and, given the defensive system Hitchcock has successfully implemented, keeping both is probably the safest play in terms of building on this season's success.


Last edited by nhljohnson: 05-06-2012 at 07:23 PM.
nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:55 PM
  #115
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 500
I doubt we could get Halak for Malone straight up... now, Halak for Malone + 2nd round... m...

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
  #116
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I doubt we could get Halak for Malone straight up... now, Halak for Malone + 2nd round... m...
If St. Louis would do that and Malone would waive...I think we'd be nuts not to go for it. The guy's not even a year older than Cory Schneider and I'd say he's proven himself more than enough on two teams + international play.

That said, I don't think they move him, especially after they just got swept out with Elliott in goal (not that it was really his fault)

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
  #117
VanTampaFan
Registered User
 
VanTampaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I doubt we could get Halak for Malone straight up... now, Halak for Malone + 2nd round... m...
Doubt this too. If STL is looking to move Halak it will be for an offensive star/sniper. They already have a Malone-esque player in Backes (who i think is a total beauty).

And frankly after watching Elliot's play in their sweep to LA I am not sure if they think he can ride solo anymore...

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
  #118
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Yzerman should scout Europe for potential suitors. It's worth the risk.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
  #119
VanTampaFan
Registered User
 
VanTampaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Yzerman should scout Europe for potential suitors. It's worth the risk.
True. Guys like Rinne and Ludqvuist were sniped really late in the draft. Vancouver has a prospect goalie in their system signed as a FA out of Europe that has been amazing so far and will likely be the back up in Vancouver next year.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:03 AM
  #120
LGB 26
Registered User
 
LGB 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Is calling players "a beauty" a Van. thing? I've never seen it used by anyone else.

LGB 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:26 AM
  #121
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,938
vCash: 500
If the Blues had to chose between Halak and Elliott I'm pretty sure they would keep Halak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB 26 View Post
Is calling players "a beauty" a Van. thing? I've never seen it used by anyone else.
I think Don Cherry started it.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:32 AM
  #122
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Yzerman should scout Europe for potential suitors. It's worth the risk.
From the main board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noma View Post
According to Finnish newspapeer Ilta-Sanomat, goalie Petri Vehanen has received offers from two NHL teams, one of which is the Boston Bruins. Vehanen is an 34-year-old goalie who was Team Finland's #1 goalie in last years World Championship. He was chosen as the best goalie in the KHL in 2010/11.

Source (in Finnish)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1185275

But sounds more like a Tim Thomas replacement.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 03:20 AM
  #123
VanTampaFan
Registered User
 
VanTampaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I think Don Cherry started it.
This is probably accurate not sure though. My buddies fom Ontario say it too so maybe it's a Canadian thing?

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
  #124
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Yzerman should scout Europe for potential suitors. It's worth the risk.
I'm sure he has, we have Helenius in our system and he was voted best goalie in Finland last season. I think he can get a shot in camp to make the team, he was picked 4 spots after Bernier so he's got potential. I think he finally put it together last season and hope we give him a legit shot this year.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
  #125
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I'm sure he has, we have Helenius in our system and he was voted best goalie in Finland last season. I think he can get a shot in camp to make the team, he was picked 4 spots after Bernier so he's got potential. I think he finally put it together last season and hope we give him a legit shot this year.
Who does the voting?

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.