Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Not surprised. There are racist people everywhere. I know some people who say racist things ("little" things like "harmless jokes"*) and I'm guessing almost everyone here has had the same experience.

*I do not consider racist jokes "little" or "harmless."
^This. Probably the worst thing anyone can say after putting his foot in his mouth after a joke like that is "Just kidding".

Old
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
SerenityRick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Stupid people have a broad range to their voice on twitter.

Complete non-story in my opinion

A few weeks ago someone gathered up a bunch of tweets from dumb kids who didn't know the Titanic was real. Doesn't mean all kids are that dumb/uneducated.

It's best to just ignore it altogether. But hooray for yet another reason for fans of other teams to irrationally hate the Bruins/us.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
This. Boston has always been behind in the race relations arena. being predominantly Irish that's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.
Uh, Boston isn't all Irish Catholics anymore. It's about even now (between white and non white citizens), but Boston was, recently, a 'minority majority' city.

This whole situation was on the internet. Are you really surprised this happened? If he were gay, it would be the same. If he were Asian, it would be the same. If he were white and hit the game winning shot in a basketball game, it would have been the same.

People say ****, especially on the Internet. It's not right, but peoples fake outrage is funny. Who cares what some idiots say on Twitter? I'm sure Ward is living pretty good right now, despite the Twitter remarks.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
What's this? New England is the last bastion of the final few dregs of an old, backward way of thinking? No way. This has *never* happened before.

I live here. I love this area. It's beautiful. But sometimes I *hate* the ****ing people here.
I would laugh at this if it wasn't so stunning. The last bastion? Do you have any idea of the rampant racism in places like England, Spain, Russia and Japan? Not to mention just about every state in the U.S.?

There are bigoted people EVERYWHERE. And unfortunately, a lot of them have access to electronic media.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
SolidGold
Jack Edward's Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Uh, Boston isn't all Irish Catholics anymore. It's about even now (between white and non white citizens), but Boston was, recently, a 'minority majority' city.

This whole situation was on the internet. Are you really surprised this happened? If he were gay, it would be the same. If he were Asian, it would be the same. If he were white and hit the game winning shot in a basketball game, it would have been the same.

People say ****, especially on the Internet. It's not right, but peoples fake outrage is funny. Who cares what some idiots say on Twitter? I'm sure Ward is living pretty good right now, despite the Twitter remarks.
well said on all counts.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Bad apples in every bunch.

I don't think Ward cares very much, he's probably on the top of the world right now.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
NuckleTort

It has nothing to do with Boston as a city and everything to do with ignorant individuals.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

I know everyone wants to discuss this, but as the other threads have shown they go down a very dark road. I'm gonna close this.