HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Thornton and Toews on the same team? No chance

Joe isn't even in the market

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Panzerspitze

The overrating of Sharp continues, in Chicago.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
I think Sharp is tradable. He pulls his Houdini for a few games at a time, scores a few, then off to Sharpieville where he floats around aimlessly on the ice. Then poops the bed in the playoffs the last couple years. If we can trade him for some components to make the team better I am all for it. And that is the only way to get him off the point on the PP it seems.....

Also, I would trade Frolik for any combination of boxes of cups/supporters/pucks that are available. Get his ass off the team already.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Stop the Sharp for Staal (or anyone) right now. There is no chance the Hawks trade Sharp before he even steps on the ice under his new contract. Especially coming off a very strong regular season. Plus thereís the good locker room guy, media guy, citizen things, which separate him from guys like Carter and Richards. Trading Sharp now would have a material negative impact on how players - current Hawks and future UFAs Ė would view signing with Chicago.

I admit Staal is an intriguing solution to the Hawks 2C, but heís not clearly a better top six fit than Sharp net-net. Itís just a hey-letís-try-something-different move. Besides, the top six with itís current set was highly productive 5x5, only the PP was a problem with that group (e.g. Kaneís PP pts were nearly 20 pts below his career average.) Staal doesnít add anything there over Sharp. The top six can and should be improved, but itís not an overhaul situation.

Iím not against a shakeup trade, but any major move should be done to fix the teamís major problems, which are (IMO): 1) Special teams, 2) Defense (depth, team), 3) Goaltending. Problems like toughness and secondary scoring can be improved internally and with minor moves.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I would love Staal and would give up Hossa or Sharp or prospects and picks to get him.

A C line-up of
Toews
Staal
Bolland

Is about a solid line-up top to bottom and one of the best defensive C lineups ever.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Blue Liner

I like Sharp but I think I move him before Hossa for Staal. Not sure at this point I'd actually do that, but for the sake of conversation of the two I think I stick with Hossa.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
How many people don't know that Sharp has a NMC?

Last edited by BBH: 05-01-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: The grammar Nazi's are coming...
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Sharps new contract hasn't even started... we could trade him before july 1st.

right now, Sharp has no NTC or NMC

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:34 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Sharps new contract hasn't even started... we could trade him before july 1st.

right now, Sharp has no NTC or NMC
And if the Hawks use that window they will pay a huge price down the road. There is no magical trade to improve the hawks that has to include Sharp. Sharp is fairly valued around the league and it's foolish to think that you are going to get more back. He works here. But trading him before the new contact kicks in would be a new low in it's-a-business. A dirtbag move, he has his NMC and it should be de facto in place.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:39 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Clearly, trading/firing everyone not named Jonathan Toews for a lot of news guys is the only solution. New player/staff smell is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
How many people don't know that Sharp has a NMC?

Last edited by BelugasandBHawks: Yesterday at 04:29 PM. Reason: The grammar Nazi's are coming...
When used in that context, "Nazis" doesn't get an apostrophe. Take that!

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
And if the Hawks use that window they will pay a huge price down the road. There is no magical trade to improve the hawks that has to include Sharp. Sharp is fairly valued around the league and it's foolish to think that you are going to get more back. He works here. But trading him before the new contact kicks in would be a new low in it's-a-business. A dirtbag move, he has his NMC and it should be de facto in place.
Didn't San Jose do that last summer? Sign Seteguchi to a new deal then ship him out the next day? This wouldn't be as bad.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
1. I never said trade him
2. If you read here about this, you know that I say Sharp will stay and won't get traded
3. All I did was saying that the statement "Sharp has a NMC" is WRONG
4. This happens. Carter signed a longtime contract just to get traded and ask Setoguchi about this....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Snowhawk

Sign Suter as a free agent...

then trade Seabrooke for Staal.

No Suter, no trade.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Cullksinikers

I have a feeling we'll see some "[CHI/MTL]" in thread titles in the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk forum on here.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Sign Suter as a free agent...

then trade Seabrooke for Staal.

No Suter, no trade.
The signing and won't happen and that trade is robbery by Pittsburgh.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:56 PM
needle

Kane and Saad for Malkin

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
Kane and Saad for Malkin
Are we adding Seabrook, McNeill, and a couple first-round picks on top of that? No chance he leaves Pittsburgh.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Are we adding Seabrook, McNeill, and a couple first-round picks on top of that? No chance he leaves Pittsburgh.
I would.

Sharp-Toews-Morin
Beach-Malkin-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Frolik-Kruger-Carcillo

Keith-Sutter
Hjalmarsson-Leddy
Montador-Olsen

Vokuon

I would literally do that next year.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
I would.

Sharp-Toews-Morin
Beach-Malkin-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Frolik-Kruger-Carcillo

Keith-Sutter
Hjalmarsson-Leddy
Montador-Olsen

Vokuon

I would literally do that next year.
You would literally get fired before October.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:27 PM
DontToewzMeBro

1st,Morin,Stalberg for Plekanec

Montador, Bickell for Neil from Ottawa

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Plekanec-Hossa
Kruger-Bolland-Neil
Shaw-Slater-Burish

Keith-Olsen
Seabrook-Leddy
Jackman-Hammer

Emery
Crawford

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:49 PM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
You would literally get fired before October.
Why?

I replace Brunette with Morin. Do you think Morin would have less of an impact over 82 games than Brunette last year? Do you think Morin couldn't get 12 goals and 27 points next year?

Beach is a necessity. He provides the tougness, hits, and intensity that this team sorely lacks. Imagine what would have happened to the Yotes if Beach was on the ice after Torres' illegal hit.

3rd line is good.

4th line has our 2nd line center from last year. Carcillo, a spark plug that guys on the team gravitate to, and Frolik, an enigma.

Keith-Suter. Awesome.

Bottom 4, same as last season.

Vokoun is miles better than Crawford.

All in all, troll comments like yours are unnecessary on a board with as much prestige as this one.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Why?

I replace Brunette with Morin. Do you think Morin would have less of an impact over 82 games than Brunette last year? Do you think Morin couldn't get 12 goals and 27 points next year?

Beach is a necessity. He provides the tougness, hits, and intensity that this team sorely lacks. Imagine what would have happened to the Yotes if Beach was on the ice after Torres' illegal hit.

3rd line is good.

4th line has our 2nd line center from last year. Carcillo, a spark plug that guys on the team gravitate to, and Frolik, an enigma.

Keith-Suter. Awesome.

Bottom 4, same as last season.

Vokoun is miles better than Crawford.

All in all, troll comments like yours are unnecessary on a board with as much prestige as this one.
The forward depth is pretty pathetic, especially with you so gladly shipping out a few thousand first round picks. The D was terrible this year... why is the same bottom 4 considered a good thing?

Vokoun may never be effective again. He was bad this season and sustained an injury that can very well hamper the on-ice performance of a guy as old as him.

And then you also traded the face of the franchise, a #1 defenseman, the Hawks' two best prospects, etc. for Malkin.

Also, Beach and Morin have proven absolutely nothing in the AHL. You can't just gift them spots... Morin, at least, has an excuse, since his development has been a bit derailed by injuries. But Beach isn't even particularly noticeable in the AHL, and you'd have him playing top-6 minutes for what you seem to believe is a contending team. Morin ain't much better than that, either.
No. That's pretty terrible. Sevanston had it right.

You weren't trolled. Your scenario would result in the GM being fired before he could even make any of those moves.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
The forward depth is pretty pathetic, especially with you so gladly shipping out a few thousand first round picks. The D was terrible this year... why is the same bottom 4 considered a good thing?

Vokoun may never be effective again. He was bad this season and sustained an injury that can very well hamper the on-ice performance of a guy as old as him.

And then you also traded the face of the franchise, a #1 defenseman, the Hawks' two best prospects, etc. for Malkin.

Also, Beach and Morin have proven absolutely nothing in the AHL. You can't just gift them spots... Morin, at least, has an excuse, since his development has been a bit derailed by injuries. But Beach isn't even particularly noticeable in the AHL, and you'd have him playing top-6 minutes for what you seem to believe is a contending team. Morin ain't much better than that, either.
No. That's pretty terrible. Sevanston had it right.

You weren't trolled. Your scenario would result in the GM being fired before he could even make any of those moves.
I find it funny how you guys include the likes of Morin or McNeill in deals for elite NHL players, but when I plug Morin into a line with Toews and Sharp you say "Morin have proven absolutely nothing in the AHL. You can't just gift them spots". I guess that's why these 29 other NHL teams won't trade one of their elite players for Morin and a 1st.

The face of our franchise is Toews.
Keith is our #1 defenseman.
Prospects mean as about as much in the NHL as in the MLB, in other words, a crapshoot.

Hawks 1st round picks since 2000:
2000-Yakubov, Varobiev
2001-Ruutu, Monro
2002-Babchuk
2003-Seabrook
2004-Barker
2005-Skille
2006-Toews (3rd overall)
2007-Kane (1st overall)
2008-Beach
2009-Olsen
2010-Kayes
2011-McNeill, Danault

12 years produces Seabrook, Toews, Kane. 2 of those 3 were top 3 picks. The Hawks will never see the top 10 again, let alone the top 3.

So, what's your point?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
1. I never said trade him
2. If you read here about this, you know that I say Sharp will stay and won't get traded
3. All I did was saying that the statement "Sharp has a NMC" is WRONG
4. This happens. Carter signed a longtime contract just to get traded and ask Setoguchi about this....
My comments weren't directed at you. You noted an important distinction. I was responding to that distinction, which some here wish to exploit.

Carter was traded after playing under his contract (with no NMC it seems) at least, and he gave the team reasons to trade him that don't apply to Sharp. And while I thought the Seto trade was a BS move by Wilson, he was a RFA and no team "offer-sheeted" him (that he signed), so he didn't control his destiny in any event. So yeah, trading Sharp would be a new low.

Sharp could be an UFA right now, with little trade value and more leverage, but he extended in good faith. That should be honored. I can't believe how obtuse a good chunk of this fanbase is.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
I find it funny how you guys include the likes of Morin or McNeill in deals for elite NHL players, but when I plug Morin into a line with Toews and Sharp you say "Morin have proven absolutely nothing in the AHL. You can't just gift them spots". I guess that's why these 29 other NHL teams won't trade one of their elite players for Morin and a 1st.

The face of our franchise is Toews.
Keith is our #1 defenseman.
Prospects mean as about as much in the NHL as in the MLB, in other words, a crapshoot.

Hawks 1st round picks since 2000:
2000-Yakubov, Varobiev
2001-Ruutu, Monro
2002-Babchuk
2003-Seabrook
2004-Barker
2005-Skille
2006-Toews (3rd overall)
2007-Kane (1st overall)
2008-Beach
2009-Olsen
2010-Kayes
2011-McNeill, Danault

12 years produces Seabrook, Toews, Kane. 2 of those 3 were top 3 picks. The Hawks will never see the top 10 again, let alone the top 3.

So, what's your point?
If you watched any games last year Seabrook is now our #1 d man.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote