HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
  #101
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Bolland has not underperformed. In fact, he's the best playoff performer on this team. Phoenix's first line had more goals 10 minutes in to the 2nd period of GAME 2 against Nashville, than they did against Chicago in 6 games.

Yet you guys complain he's not scoring enough. Are we forgetting he's a shutdown center first and foremost? Sigh...

As for the offensive side. It's plain as day. If we want Bolland to produce more offensively, he needs to be promoted to #2 center and be given better linemates. He was 2nd on the team in PP goals...in some of the rare times he got to play with skilled players this year. The last time he consistently played with good linemates was the cup year. The only time he played with a top 6 quality linemates was 08-09 when he put up 47 points while on a line with Marty Havlat.

Bolly can do it. We need a new coach though. He is horribly misused. Bolland would be one of the best #2 centers in the NHL IMO...if given a fair chance at it.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
  #102
Slvrdwn
Registered User
 
Slvrdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Bolland has not underperformed. In fact, he's the best playoff performer on this team. Phoenix's first line had more goals 10 minutes in to the 2nd period of GAME 2 against Nashville, than they did against Chicago in 6 games.

Yet you guys complain he's not scoring enough. Are we forgetting he's a shutdown center first and foremost? Sigh...

As for the offensive side. It's plain as day. If we want Bolland to produce more offensively, he needs to be promoted to #2 center and be given better linemates. He was 2nd on the team in PP goals...in some of the rare times he got to play with skilled players this year. The last time he consistently played with good linemates was the cup year. The only time he played with a top 6 quality linemates was 08-09 when he put up 47 points while on a line with Marty Havlat.

Bolly can do it. We need a new coach though. He is horribly misused. Bolland would be one of the best #2 centers in the NHL IMO...if given a fair chance at it.

While I dont necessarily agree with him being one of the best #2c's, he would do well, and is over qualified for the #3c spot. Everything else I completely agree with, and cant stress it enough. It baffles me that others want him out. It wouldnt take long before they realize how much he did for the team off of the hawks scoresheet.

Slvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
  #103
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
I am a big Bolland fan and I just don't know if he can truly be a good 2C, I'm willing to give him a real chance though because every time he has been given a chance there it has been very short lived (classic moron Q). He certainly has not shown he could be "one of the best 2nd line centers in the NHL" but he could be a good one I think. I don't think he'll ever have more than 60 points, I see that as a ceiling but if you can get them out of Dave on the 2nd line I think you're VERY happy.

Organizationally you hope he works out there too since the guys in our pipeline work better as 3rd liners (McNeil, Danault, Kruger, etc.) anyway.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  #104
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
ahhh I love HF....where someone posts fat and lazy and the sheep just flock to it.

if you have watched a single playoff game for the Kings, Penner has been everything but fat and lazy.

the guy has had one down year....I wish we could have a fat and lazy player like Penner that actually scores goals every year he has played..
People say Penner is fat because was totally out of shape and fat last year during the summer and he is/was overweight
People say Penner is lazy because he is ****ing lazy

Penner hasn't had only a down year this year. Since he got the offer sheet and signed it, he was a total flop and not worth to what the Oilers gave up for him and paid him


If Penner would have been born in Alberta, you wouldn't even talk about him. Just because a guy is from your country and you like him, try to see things objectiv.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:40 PM
  #105
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
If Penner would have been born in Alberta, you wouldn't even talk about him. Just because a guy is from your country and you like him, try to see things objectiv.
I think you are confused. I'm pretty sure AmericanDream is AMERICAN and Penner is not. He was born in Manitoba and is Canadian.


He did play in Hockey East but still very much Canadian.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:43 PM
  #106
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
OK, I read today that he is a US player, but it was the german version of The Hockey News and they are not accurate everytime


Last edited by Bubba88: 05-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  #107
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
If Bowman thinks Saad is ready, I'd like it.


Stalberg
Bolland
Crawford
Clendening


Krejci
Thomas


Bs get a Rask insurance, Cap Space and still would have Seguin, Bergeron, Bolland & Peverley as Top9 Centers

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:10 PM
  #108
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,285
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
If Bowman thinks Saad is ready, I'd like it.


Stalberg
Bolland
Crawford
Clendening


Krejci
Thomas


Bs get a Rask insurance, Cap Space and still would have Seguin, Bergeron, Bolland & Peverley as Top9 Centers
Why do Bruis trade away there #1 C (And leading scorer last year in playoffs) for a 3rd line C , 3rd line LW who can play top 6 occasionally , A horrid goalie and a good (Not great) prospect

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:14 PM
  #109
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
to get Cap Space, a great PO performer to replace Kelly and 2 good pieces going forward. don't forget that they will go with Rask as #1 of the future and Thomas has a 5 million Cap Hit.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
  #110
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
People say Penner is fat because was totally out of shape and fat last year during the summer and he is/was overweight
People say Penner is lazy because he is ****ing lazy

Penner hasn't had only a down year this year. Since he got the offer sheet and signed it, he was a total flop and not worth to what the Oilers gave up for him and paid him


If Penner would have been born in Alberta, you wouldn't even talk about him. Just because a guy is from your country and you like him, try to see things objectiv.
he also showed up to training camp in Edmonton (his first year there, after the offer sheet) 25lbs overweight.

I read a lot of arguments on here that he just had a bad season. Fact is, he's had more bad seasons than good. I think his 30 goal season in Edmonton was more unexpected than his 8 goal season this year.

As for risk/reward. I'm growing tired of these signings. I'd rather try risk/reward of Kyle Beach or Brandon Saad than Andrew Brunette and Dustin Penner.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
  #111
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
he also showed up to training camp in Edmonton (his first year there, after the offer sheet) 25lbs overweight.
TSN was calling him "flapjack", that made me laugh.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:35 PM
  #112
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
TSN was calling him "flapjack", that made me laugh.
yeah, I think he ate half of his advance that year. 23 goals is not a good number for your number one player lol

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:10 AM
  #113
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
he also showed up to training camp in Edmonton (his first year there, after the offer sheet) 25lbs overweight.

I read a lot of arguments on here that he just had a bad season. Fact is, he's had more bad seasons than good. I think his 30 goal season in Edmonton was more unexpected than his 8 goal season this year.

As for risk/reward. I'm growing tired of these signings. I'd rather try risk/reward of Kyle Beach or Brandon Saad than Andrew Brunette and Dustin Penner.
we haven't agreed on much as of yet, but we agree when it come to this. I want guys that don't have risks. We are in a position that we can sign the players we know what we're going to get

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:38 AM
  #114
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we haven't agreed on much as of yet, but we agree when it come to this. I want guys that don't have risks. We are in a position that we can sign the players we know what we're going to get
exactly. If we must take a risk/reward route, then give Kyle Beach a shot already.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.