Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Future of Quebec Major Midget League: Proposal/Speculation Thread

Old
09-16-2014, 10:45 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

vCash: 500
Future of Quebec Major Midget League: Proposal/Speculation Thread

With Hockey Canada members getting ready to vote on changing the age levels so that Bantam is 14 and 15 yo and Midget 16 and 17, im wondering what changes will happen in peoples leagues. We all know that Ontario has its Minor Midget 15yo league that they draft our of for CHL level, but with the changes, this moves it down to Bantam everywhere in Canada.

For NS I propose that the Major Bantam league drops to 8 teams, 4 in Metro Halifax, plus Western NS, Valley , 'Nova' ( Amherst / Truro / Pictou / Antigonish ), and Cape Breton. This tightens up the league and ensures the best 15 yo. Additionally, i would like to see the NS Major Midget reduced to 4 teams and actually merge with the Quebec Midget AAA league along with the other Atlantic provinces - 2 teams in NB, 1 in PE, 1 or 2 in NL. There should be close association between the expanded QMAAA league and the QMJHL.

Thoughts/Comments from others in the Quebec-east area?

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Mr Celly

I am also hearing this, but does anyone have an article on it?

Mr Celly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Mr Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
With Hockey Canada members getting ready to vote on changing the age levels so that Bantam is 14 and 15 yo and Midget 16 and 17, im wondering what changes will happen in peoples leagues. We all know that Ontario has its Minor Midget 15yo league that they draft our of for CHL level, but with the changes, this moves it down to Bantam everywhere in Canada.

For NS I propose that the Major Bantam league drops to 8 teams, 4 in Metro Halifax, plus Western NS, Valley , 'Nova' ( Amherst / Truro / Pictou / Antigonish ), and Cape Breton. This tightens up the league and ensures the best 15 yo. Additionally, i would like to see the NS Major Midget reduced to 4 teams and actually merge with the Quebec Midget AAA league along with the other Atlantic provinces - 2 teams in NB, 1 in PE, 1 or 2 in NL. There should be close association between the expanded QMAAA league and the QMJHL.

Thoughts/Comments from others in the Quebec-east area?
I like they idea, but I think there needs to be 2 teams in PEI. 1 team in PEI means top players that are 16 may not even make the team. Make a good little rivalry. Also agree on the NS Major Bantam format too, make Bantam a lot more competitive in NS.

Mr Celly is offline   Reply With Quote