HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens vs Rangers | Game 7 | Part 2

Old
04-28-2012, 07:26 AM
ShotDownCrosby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
it's either spezza doesn't fit in with the rest of the team or the rest of the team doesn't fit with spezza.

He either needs some big highly skilled players to play with, like heatley, or he looks like he did which was horrible.
Not to take away from what he accomplished this year. He got us into the playoffs along with karlsson and anderson, but i don't get what the hell he was doing once we got there.
Has nothing to do with points. He consistently made poor decisions and forced plays.
I don't agree with this. Because why did Spezza and the team fit so perfectly well together the entire season until the playoffs?

Again, I think lots of its in Spezzas head. He overthinks, and shouldn't. He plays great when he loosens up and shoots more. That's his biggest and main issue.

I also think this team as a whole took a step away from how they played the entire season, and tried to play more of a Rangers game. Maybe Spezza didn't fit that as well, but he sure as hell fit the way the team was trying to be the entire season.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:38 PM
SilverSeven

Im still at a loss from what people wanted from Spezza. He led both teams in scoring in the series.

He was pretty responsible at both ends of the ice too...his +2, while not the best stat, supports this. Other stats do as well. I believe it was game 3 when people really started ******** on Spezza, complaining about how he was so horrible that night defensively and did nothing offensively. That night Spezza was on the ice for 6 scoring chances for the Sens, and 0 for the Rangers.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:32 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

The Rangers are showing Washington and our fans how well Ottawa really played in the first round.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
The Rangers are showing Washington and our fans how well Ottawa really played in the first round.
Its only the first game. Remember we were garbage the first game as well.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
2Cowen

Quote:
Im pretty sure game 1 of our series had a similar outcome

2Cowen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Rangers will take Washington in 5 games at the most... It is the first game of the second round. I would have expected more out of Washington after beating Boston in 7 and having more of a rest than the Rangers.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Never post mobile. move on...

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Im still at a loss from what people wanted from Spezza. He led both teams in scoring in the series.

He was pretty responsible at both ends of the ice too...his +2, while not the best stat, supports this. Other stats do as well. I believe it was game 3 when people really started ******** on Spezza, complaining about how he was so horrible that night defensively and did nothing offensively. That night Spezza was on the ice for 6 scoring chances for the Sens, and 0 for the Rangers.
Once a whipping boy always a whipping boy. Some fans will never support him. We saw it with Brian Lee too. No matter far he came and how proficient he became there were tons of fans determined not to acknowledge it.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:41 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Rangers will take Washington in 5 games at the most... It is the first game of the second round. I would have expected more out of Washington after beating Boston in 7 and having more of a rest than the Rangers.
It will be over in 4 with ease.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Rangers in 6. Quite possibly even 5. Holtby's magic will run out and he cannot hang with Lundy the way Anderson did for a 7 game series.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
sexytime

Watching hockey today is making me pissed that we had two opportunities to close out the season and we failed. We could be playing right now and I could be enjoying the playoffs just a bit more.

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime View Post
Watching hockey today is making me pissed that we had two opportunities to close out the season and we failed. We could be playing right now and I could be enjoying the playoffs just a bit more.
Agreed. Sens should have been in Philly today and the ride should have continued but it just wasn't meant to be. Got to give some credit to the Rangers on digging deep and coming back to win those last two games. Its bitter-sweet for sure because the season was such a success and so much fun, just should have been even better.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote