HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF: #1 New York Rangers v. #7 Washington Capitals

Old
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
I have no idea about Katie that was my impression of her last year don't follow her anymore. I just read through Whynos tweets again from the last 3 days, maybe a third were Caps related, the rest *****ing about travel and talking about teams he'd rather cover.
Well, I don't have twitter so I don't know about that. The stories on his blog cover the Capitals just as extensively as those on CI. I just think Whyno is a far preferable alternative to Katie, which isn't saying very much. The idea that Katie is holding out for a better job is legitimately hilarious. She's in way over her head with this one (remarkable that that's even possible).

Quote:
Most of his stories are whatever player is nicest to him he'll write great stories about
Haha, I don't know about most, but I've definitely noticed that tendency. Embarrassing.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Ovechtrick89

vCash: 500
Bruins and Flyers way tougher than NY

By some distance the bruins are better defensively and the flyers are better offensively by a large margin.

Rangers are an overrated team and i firmly believe we win this series.

All we need is our goalie (whoever it may be) to have a good game and the rangers are more than beatable.

The bruins had me nervous but this team does not

Ovechtrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Capitlols
Blow it up

OV step up plz k thnx

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechtrick89 View Post
By some distance the bruins are better defensively and the flyers are better offensively by a large margin.

Rangers are an overrated team and i firmly believe we win this series.

All we need is our goalie (whoever it may be) to have a good game and the rangers are more than beatable.

The bruins had me nervous but this team does not
Rangers don't really make me nervous either, there's no stomp factor with them, but beating them is hard. Their D overall is good, Lundquist is great, there's nothing easy there.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
El Gato Bodegero

I do believe we have the team to advance to the next series, but we need to do some changes before its to late.

We were cautious against the bruins and in all the games at all times the coin was in the air; we were pretty lucky cause there wasn't a bad bounce or a flukey goal against us. We don't have to fool ourselves; we have a rookie goalie that was spectacular in the 1st round and we never came from behind.

Also we need to take full advantage of each PP; theres no excuses Green, Semin, Backstrom and Ovie have been playing together for more than 4 years and still our PP is abysmal compared to the one 2 years ago.

Hunter needs at least to try the SOB line, at least for 1 game.

Time to move on to game 2, at least after game 1 we learned that rangers defense is weaker than boston.

El Gato Bodegero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:02 PM
The Flying Finn

MaJo's had alot of chances these playoffs, I was wondering if he's buried one yet?

The Flying Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
DanTHEMan71

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Finn View Post
MaJo's had alot of chances these playoffs, I was wondering if he's buried one yet?
Unfortunately goals are tough to come by for our Caps in the playoffs. MaJo's got 1 goal and 2 assists in 8 games so far.

DanTHEMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Halpysback

The rags fans desperate clamoring for attention and acknowledgement after winning one ****ing game they had 14 shots in reminds me of a creepy guy stalking a chick who dumped him years after the fact. They're not even crying about the game. It's ****ing amazing. I've never seen any fanbase this obsessed over being worshiped. Is that a NY thing?

When its our turn to make a GDT we better have the lines as Next Messier - Next Messier - Next Messier - His Majesty the King vs Dirty Russian - Dirty Russian - some AHL goalie scrub.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Carlzner
Game of Tanks

I didn't mind Bruins fans, but man almost every Rags fan post in the GDT was them *****ing about something in game, or something other people were saying.

They are so sensitive.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM
tycoonheart

So I watched the game again on DVR.

- Their defense is very aggressive on the transition and joining the rush. Dale will see this, make the necessary changes and take advantage of it

- They didn't do anything Boston didn't. Two of the three goals were very weak, IMO. Holtby should've saved the last two goals.

- Mojo looked so good. Dude could've had 3 goals.

- Loved that Dale went with Ovi-Nicky-Mojo in the 3rd. Ovi and Nicky instant chemistry. Those two understand each other. That sweet pass from Nicky as Ovi was skating towards Henrik... drool. I hope that line sticks for next game.

- Green, what has happened to this guy's speed. And his shot. A little disconcerting.

- We're going to win the next game. We're going to win this series.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:39 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I didn't mind Bruins fans, but man almost every Rags fan post in the GDT was them *****ing about something in game, or something other people were saying.

They are so sensitive.
Its funny. One says Ovi is a diver LOL.

Others are saying Hendricks dived, because he fell to the ice after an elbow to the nose.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post

- Their defense is very aggressive on the transition and joining the rush. Dale will see this, make the necessary changes and take advantage of it

- They didn't do anything Boston didn't. Two of the three goals were very weak, IMO. Holtby should've saved the last two goals.

- Loved that Dale went with Ovi-Nicky-Mojo in the 3rd. Ovi and Nicky instant chemistry. Those two understand each other. That sweet pass from Nicky as Ovi was skating towards Henrik... drool. I hope that line sticks for next game.

- Green, what has happened to this guy's speed. And his shot. A little disconcerting.

Pretty much how I feel. The amount of cockiness they have after a 14 shot win is amazing.

We pretty much lost the game on a bad change/defensive miscommunication. Kreider's goal looked very Tampa'ish from last year. That hasn't happened very often this year. I don't think it will.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
tycoonheart

God, that St Louis goal (I think that was St Louis) is imprinted in my head.

What a collapse that was for us in the 2nd round.

Holtby needs to bounce back.

The team has shown incredible mental resolve so far. I don't think it will be a repeat of last year.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:50 PM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Quote:

Think they did recognize this and that's why the Caps went a few times with stretch passes to forwards standing at the Rangers blue line, one such example was the one involving MAJO where he broke in and got taken down by the Ranger but no call was made.

Regarding Green, the guy had major abdominal surgery not that long ago. He's definitely not at 100% right now.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Think they did recognize this and that's why the Caps went a few times with stretch passes to forwards standing at the Rangers blue line, one such example was the one involving MAJO where he broke in and gotten taken down by the Ranger but no call was made.
Good catch, I was going to mention that actually.

There was one... had the pass been a little more accurate Semin would've been wide open on the break away with Rags lagging 50 feet behind him.

On the fly adjustment.

Thats decent coaching.

Old
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
sunnydaycrash

3 things need to change

Orlov needs a jersey
Aucoin needs to be scratched
Nicky and Ovy need to play together if even its just on the PP

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:01 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Switch OV and Semin, and Aucoin and MP and I think that's pretty good...

Or go...

8-19-90
25-85-28
22-21-42
26-83-20

We will win the next game and win the series. Caps in 5!

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Stewie G
Erskine for Norris

Quote:
God, that St Louis goal (I think that was St Louis) is imprinted in my head.

What a collapse that was for us in the 2nd round.

Holtby needs to bounce back.

The team has shown incredible mental resolve so far. I don't think it will be a repeat of last year.
Your imprinter wasn't working properly. Vinny scored that goal on a pass from Randy Freakin Jones.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:15 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruk moustache View Post
At my place now, for the series it now says Capitals +150, Rangers -170. Yesterday morning it was Capitals +170, Rangers -200. That is a pretty big one-day swing and there must be a lot of action on the Capitals and, hopefully, that includes some of the big sports gambling pro money somewhere.

Let's go Caps!
why? does that have some impact on the final scores?

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:17 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Here in Toronto from the Toronto Star:

Damien Cox:

Kevin McGran:
I wouldn't get too excited about predictions out of Canada. I was up in Montreal as the play-offs were starting. Everyone on TSN, and Sportsnet was saying it was either Pens-Canucks final or Pens-BHawks final.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 07:55 AM
fsnoles98

Caps believed their own hype in this game. There were several let downs in the game, but overall not bad. Green's non-chalant glide for the change on the goal seems to be his common approach toward the game lately. Some people think this guy's game is back after 1 goal lat series, I don't. His lazy approach hinders this team. Holtby proved rookie mistakes will still happen. Letting the post open on Richard's goal is something that shouldn't happen in the second round. Aucoin shouldn't have had a jersey in the first series and shouldn't have one now. Give MattyP a shot. Not a bad first game, not great. Need to grab one in NY for a shot. We will see.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:17 AM
El Gato Bodegero

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
why? does that have some impact on the final scores?
Usually it does have and impact but 2 years in a row the caps were +450 to win the Stanley so you never know lol..

After game 1 of the bruins series I bet $450.00 on the caps to capture the stanley cup the payout at my place was +3300 right now before the rangers series it was +800. It moved way to much.

El Gato Bodegero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
SameOld

Quote:
Katie Carrera ‏ @kcarrera Close
A little line shuffling for the #Caps, most notably that Alexander Semin is part of the 4th line for today's practice.
um what?

SameOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:07 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
um what?
2 really bad penalties yesterday. 1 negated a PP.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:28 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
um what?
Dale's done that before in practice. Then had Semin on 2nd line during game.