HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF: #1 New York Rangers v. #7 Washington Capitals

Old
04-27-2012, 05:44 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
some caps fans here are not giving the rangers enough respect and the rangers fans as a group seem to be giving the caps no respect. interesting....typical i guess

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:55 AM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
some caps fans here are not giving the rangers enough respect and the rangers fans as a group seem to be giving the caps no respect. interesting....typical i guess
I agree. This series can go either way IMO.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:08 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post

Sat. April 28 at 3 p.m.
Mon. April 30. at 7 p.m.
Wed. May 2 at 7 p.m.
Sat. May 5 at 12:30 p.m.
Mon. May 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Wed. May 9 at 7 p.m.
Sat. May 12 at 8 p.m.
TV doing a good job as always screwing up the flow of a series by drawing it out.

And no cockiness from me towards the NYR and this series. Caps have their work cut out for them. Just happy they play the NYR because of the history between these 2 teams.

Us Caps fans just need to not allow NYR fans to troll us into over confidence. That's what happened last night. Bad karma.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
bgroban

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
I agree. This series can go either way IMO.
The Caps have had playoff success against The King and are undoubtedly in his head just a little.

The non-homer in me is picking Caps in 7.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
txpd

just like the bruins series, the rangers start with the upper hand as a more known commodity. the capitals are not a known commodity as yet with their struggles but are also not a typical outclassed lower seed.

i expect to see the rope a dope again, we'll see.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:19 AM
ForzaItalia

I like the fact it's a very short turn around for the Rangers with the 3pm start.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:22 AM
fsnoles98

The Rangers finished above us in the standing for a reason. We upset the Bruins, they won in 7 against the Senators. Some of these board members go with the way the team is going. We win everything is all good and we are a great team with Hunter being a God. We lose. this team sucks and Hunter should be fired.
The Rangers are a quality team and it should be a good series. We still have our own issues to deal with, but the team has some confidence. We will see how the D and Holtby withstand the pressure. Some will learn through age and experience, confidence is good, being overconfident is fatal.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:26 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

Thoughts from a Sens fan

Beat the Rangers!!!

This is 100% doable. The Rangers have virtually no offence and you will get your share of shots. You do NOT want this feeling that we have this morning of a missed opportunity.

We are with you the entire way. You guys can totally do this. Sens nation + Capital nation = UNITED!!!

GO CAPS GO!!!!

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
ForzaItalia

Oh, and the Caps really need to take Game 1 IMO. They've owned the Rangers in the playoffs and it would go a long way in helping to plant that seed of doubt in the minds of the Rangers.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:01 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Personally I have a great deal of respect for the Rags and how they play.

This is just a horrendous matchup for them. If the Caps didn't make it then I think they would have walked to the SCF.

But..thats not the case. They remind me of the early 2000/late 90s caps teams that were strong, hard working with outstanding goaltending...they would run into Pittsburgh every year it seemed. Pitt just had too many game breakers for us to handle.

This is just the modern day version of that rivalry. Caps just have far too many gamebreakers and are totally in the heads of the Rangers.

Sure the Rags are physical. So was Boston..the big bad Bruins. Caps stood up to them shove for shove and hit for hit.

Also NY is a playground for Alexander Semin. Feel bad for Torts and the Rags. This was their year if we weren't around.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I find it funny that Craps, Crapitals and the like are allowed, but "Rags" is derogatory and offensive.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:35 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Personally I have a great deal of respect for the Rags and how they play.

This is just a horrendous matchup for them. If the Caps didn't make it then I think they would have walked to the SCF.

But..thats not the case. They remind me of the early 2000/late 90s caps teams that were strong, hard working with outstanding goaltending...they would run into Pittsburgh every year it seemed. Pitt just had too many game breakers for us to handle.

This is just the modern day version of that rivalry. Caps just have far too many gamebreakers and are totally in the heads of the Rangers.

Sure the Rags are physical. So was Boston..the big bad Bruins. Caps stood up to them shove for shove and hit for hit.

Also NY is a playground for Alexander Semin. Feel bad for Torts and the Rags. This was their year if we weren't around.
its hard for a game breaker to break the game from the tight end of a short leash or from the bench. that said, semin seems to have found a way. best case scenario for semin. a 3 goal team leading first round followed by the rangers. 8 goals in 12 playoff games vs the rangers and lundqvist.

repeat. 8 goals in 12 playoff games against the rangers. i bet rangers fans dont think semin disappears in the playoffs.

anyway....on the road to the race track this weekend. gonna miss saturday

Old
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
It's going to be a repeat of the Boston series. So, the luck better hold.
You really believe it was luck? I guess if you con side winning a series that could have gone either way luck. I agree with you that Dale is making it harder than it needs to be, but we can beat the Rangers without luck.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I find it funny that Craps, Crapitals and the like are allowed, but "Rags" is derogatory and offensive.
milbury sets the standards

Old
04-27-2012, 07:38 AM
amin723

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Beat the Rangers!!!

This is 100% doable. The Rangers have virtually no offence and you will get your share of shots. You do NOT want this feeling that we have this morning of a missed opportunity.

We are with you the entire way. You guys can totally do this. Sens nation + Capital nation = UNITED!!!

GO CAPS GO!!!!
great just what washington needs...MOAR SENATORS!

amin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Uh, I disagree completely on hard for a gamebreaker to break from the bench.

Ovechkin can be productive in his 15-18 minutes. He almost had two goals in Game 7. A crazy block late by Seidenberg and then a good pokecheck from Thomas stopped him in the first.

He won't see the same matchups he saw against the Rangers.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:42 AM
amin723

gotta beat the best to be the best, and the Rangers were without a doubt, one of the best teams in the league during the regular season. I'm a little surprised they couldn't go straight for the jugular with Ottawa, but the Seantors showed a lot of fight.

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens to their D-pairings considering how much they played and a lot of it was hard minutes too.

This series will come down to how the 2nd lines do, in my opinion.

Kreider against Hamrlik/Schultz/Wideman is not something I'm looking forward to.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
It's going to be a repeat of the Boston series. So, the luck better hold.
hopefully the effort and compete level can hold too......I know its not nearly as important as being "lucky".....but at the very least its something they can control...just like they did in the first round

must be painful for you that the team not only didnt get hammered in round 1, but actually won

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Im much more confident about this matchup.

The freaking Sens took them to 7 games... to add onto the list of many reasons.
and the Pens, missing SC and EM, took tampa 7 games last season......

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
LSnow

Bruins were better team than Rangers.. So i expect alot of close games, and Washington in 6..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
amin723

Win game 1 in convincing fashion and break the Rangers' collective spirit. Then go for the throat in game 2.

Gotta treat this series like Philly treated Pittsburgh. A killer instinct will be needed.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
its hard for a game breaker to break the game from the tight end of a short leash or from the bench. that said, semin seems to have found a way. best case scenario for semin. a 3 goal team leading first round followed by the rangers. 8 goals in 12 playoff games vs the rangers and lundqvist.

repeat. 8 goals in 12 playoff games against the rangers. i bet rangers fans dont think semin disappears in the playoffs.

anyway....on the road to the race track this weekend. gonna miss saturday
Our guys don't need many chances to score. If chances are even, all else being equal, we will score more.

Torts must REALLY hate #28. Not "his" kind of player and gets torched by him every spring it seems.

Ughgh..I will miss game 1 as well. suckage

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin723 View Post
great just what washington needs...MOAR SENATORS!

To true.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:09 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Halpern, MP, Orlov.... Free Poti! I loved how he helped haunt the Rans in playoffs past, particularly in NY

I have new respect for Torts saying what many of us Caps fans say but whose voices never get heard.

Quote:
"I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars. I wonder what would happen," he told reporters in reference to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin..... "It's one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time and look what happens."

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Now this series I'm looking forward to.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote