HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF: New York Rangers (1) vs Washington Capitals (7)

Old
04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Carlson and Semin are going to score every game, so if the Rangers can pot 3, they'll win.

I love how Carlson develops the best slapshot in NHL history against us.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
In all seriousness, who is this everybody piling on the Washington bandwagon?

THN picked the Rangers in 6.
Vegas has the Rangers with better odds.
Every ESPN analyst picked the Rangers to win.

Meant on HF and other discussion boards, should've been more specific.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Is this the Eastern Quonference Semifinal Thread?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Rangers in six.

This is going to be a series where each team tries to out-grind the other. We're better at that and I trust this team's ability to find ways to win.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Blueblood 2

Rangers are very good. McD is premier and now add Kreider? Goal tending match up? Sorry Caps!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrrichter35 View Post
judging by the capital boards, it seems as if they think they have this series all but won before the puck even drops...
Lol, it would be same way if we were playing the Maple Leafs.

Theyre just over reacting because of the 1 seed label we have....I mean no one really realized how good of a team Ottawa was.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Any news on Dubinskys leg/ankle??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Honestly man...do yourself a favor and just don't venture over them parts. I actually feel myself getting stupider every time I read that thread.

Wait...they said that about Lundqvist? Thanks. You just made me stupider Damn you!

Seriously though, if they're that delusional let them believe what they want.

I hear ya. Just startles me still for so many of them to say Holtby ='s Lundqvist. They are ****ing nuts!. We are talking Vezina goalie here vs a newbie snot coming down his nose albeit talented but a rookie nonetheless. And yet to them it's a push....crazy thinking. If we play another goalie who can play better than Anderson just did, I'd be shocked. I doubt very much Holtby can throttle us anywhere close to what Anderson just did to us.

Interesting Cap fans also say our offense stinks yada yada yada. Funny but I think out offense is ten fold better than it was last two series we played them. Additions of Richards,a health Cally plus the Hags and now Kreiders...I like our fwds alot actually. It would not shock me in the least if once we start putting a few pucks in the net, some of the four wins we get vs the Caps we'll have potted 4-5 goals...something like that. I'm serious. Maybe its me but I'm not even close to being sold on this Holtby unlike apparently everyone other than some of us in here. We'll see how it plays out but I'd be willing to bet my mortgage and its pretty hefty trust me, that Hank outplays Holtby by a wide margin in the series and it will be the difference why we'll be moving on.

Maximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Burgh32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
Meant on HF and other discussion boards, should've been more specific.
So really, NOBODY is jumping on the Caps bandwagon. Mirtle is the only guy I've seen so far who picked the Caps, everyone else is going Rangers.

I expect this series to be just as tight and awesome as the last ones.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Blueblood 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Any news on Dubinskys leg/ankle??

If they are still attached, he is good to go!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Nickmo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I had to sit back and laugh at all the Vcash Ranger fans have around here now.
the sens board must be looking pretty sorry for itself in that respect.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Nickmo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

Interesting Cap fans also say our offense stinks yada yada yada.
i know regular seasons counts for little yada yada yada, but we outscored them over 82 (by a massive 4 goals!)... and our D was ******* lightyears better.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Let them think what they want. I feel the Rangers play better when no one believes in them.

Great point. How many times have we been discounted? all season long is the answer. It all started when we went on that nice winning streak after we started slow due to the Europe trip. We'd lose a game or two and people would start to say "same old Rangers" and than we'd go on another long wining streak. Continued at the Winter Classic when Flyers were "supposed" to beat us and we beat them down. Anytime we played the Bruins they were supposed to beat us and they never did. We'd play the Flyers a few more times until they finally reliazed we were their Daddy's. We beat the Red Wings and any good team in the league.We weren't supposed to win Game 6 in Ottawa and we shot that crap to hell as per then norm. I could do on and on. Same thing will happen here...I'm so confident in the resiliancy of this team and it all comes from the head coach on down. So your right, let the Cap fans keep disrespecting us as well as most other fan bases in the league and we'll just keep on winning.

Maximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:06 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Lol, it would be same way if we were playing the Maple Leafs.

Theyre just over reacting because of the 1 seed label we have....I mean no one really realized how good of a team Ottawa was.
I'm saying they think they have the rangers taken care of. Don't seem concerned whatsoever. In their opinion, wsh > bos > nyr

nyrrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Rangers1985

It seems to me that Caps fans are stuck in 2009/2011.

This is a different Ranger team fellas. Rangers in 6/7.

Richards, healthy Gaborik/Callahan, Hagelin, Kreider. Thats 5/6 top forwards right there.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
jsykes

There is just as much BS being spread on this board as there is the Caps board. Both think that the series are all but won.

Lets not forget that when the Rangers were all set to try to beat the Caps and take home the Presidents trophy, the Caps played them under the rug in the final game of the season. These arent two teams from three years ago, but two teams from the day before the playoffs start and it wasnt even a game.

I dont think anyone on this board has any more of a right to think it will be a walk in the park than the Caps board does.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
RichieCallyGabby

First time boys, LGR!

Proud to say this is my first post here! Been reading you guys for years! What a great first day here, the day after we win rd 1 the day before we start rd 2!!

RichieCallyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Rangers1985

That last game came down to who simply wanted it more. This team was in a lull right after they clinched a playoff spot because they were looking too far ahead to round 1.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:19 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
There is just as much BS being spread on this board as there is the Caps board. Both think that the series are all but won.

Lets not forget that when the Rangers were all set to try to beat the Caps and take home the Presidents trophy, the Caps played them under the rug in the final game of the season. These arent two teams from three years ago, but two teams from the day before the playoffs start and it wasnt even a game.

I dont think anyone on this board has any more of a right to think it will be a walk in the park than the Caps board does.
I tend to agree with you for the most part. Neither team has this series taken care of. It wont go less than 6 either way. However, if I had to say who had more of a "right" to confidence, you'd have to side with the 1st place team with home ice.

nyrrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:22 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrrichter35 View Post
I'm saying they think they have the rangers taken care of. Don't seem concerned whatsoever. In their opinion, wsh > bos > nyr
Well then their all idiots, and need to look outside their ******* bubble of washington.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Only difference i see between the two boards is that about 19% of the fans on the Caps board are being fairly objective compared to maybe 38% here.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Rangers1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Only difference i see between the two boards is that about 19% of the fans on the Caps board are being fairly objective compared to maybe 38% here.

Its probably because they beat a Ranger team where Brandon Dubinsky and Wojtek Wolski were the leading scorers, respectively, and they just ousted the defending Cup champs.

Theyre "riding high."

Old
04-27-2012, 04:42 PM
truebluegoalie

Most caps fans look at past history and think that they will win in 3, but they forget the rangers have only 6 players left from that 2009 team, so I don't really think the fact they lost to them twice recently really means much. Their fans seem to forget this, and claiming that goaltending is a push when it is a hart/vezina finalist going up against a third string goalie is a joke, not that Holtby isn't good, but come on now. Also their claim that our D isn't as good as Chara/Seidenberg is a little ridiculous. Between Girardi, MCD, and Staal on different pairings, that gives us 3 shutdown defensemen. Stralman hasn't been bad this postseason either. All we need is our forwards to step up, and I really like our new second line.

I think it will be a tough series, but I think, and hope, the team woke up and realized how tough the playoffs are after having a difficult time with the Senators.

I think we will be fine, but it won't be easy.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
pwoz

Anyone else hate that it's a 3pm game instead of 7pm? Dammit, I planned on yardwork tomorrow afternoon!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Anyone else hate that it's a 3pm game instead of 7pm? Dammit, I planned on yardwork tomorrow afternoon!
It sucks so much. I have a family party tomorrow at 4:00

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote