HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Discussion: (5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (6) New Jersey Devils - Devils Win 4-1

Old
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

vCash: 500
Patrick division final four....I like it! Game 2 is on my birthday, hoping for a better result than last year! GO FLYERS GO!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Yes, I see I missed one guy with 16 goals (so it's 4 with 15+, not 3)
And, the Devils had one guy with 14 goals (so he's not counted in 15+)

Not a huge deal as you said.
Keep in mind that 16 goal scorer you missed is Briere, super playoff performer, he already has 5 goals this playoff

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
This schedule works out perfectly with my schedule for once. I'd love me a sweep this series!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

The Devils are overhauling their lines, including separating Kovalchuk and Parise. Ponikarovsky was put on the 1st line, he's been good against us. Seems like a risky move at this point though.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
healthyscratch

Devils lines at today's practice:

Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Kovalchuk;
Parise-Elias-Zubrus;
Sykora-Henrique-Clarkson;
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Kensu

vCash: 63
just curious anyone know what your d-parings will be most likely? thanks in advance.

hope to have a good series!

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Brozgalov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
just curious anyone know what your d-parings will be most likely? thanks in advance.

hope to have a good series!
Braydon Coburn - Nicklas Grossmann
Kimmo Timonen - Matt Carle
Andreas Lilja - Erik Gustafsson

Are the practiced lines, but no one knows if Grossmann will be ready for #1.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
ninetynine*

Time to show the Devils the number of the beast.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
And, the Devils had one guy with 14 goals (so he's not counted in 15+)

Especially given that my point was that the Flyers offense isn't this dominant machine, while the Devils are lucky to score 2 goals per game, which seems to be the ridiculous consensus when you read ESPN, CNNSI, blah, blah, blah's "expert analysis" of this series.

Seriously, what really happened? The Flyers had their best offensive stretch of the entire season in which they played well, but it was partially aided by a chronically lackluster Penguins defense and embarrassingly bad goaltending. But the talking heads see 30 goals in 6 games and come to the nonsensical conclusion that it's Edmonton 1984 or something.

This also led them to conclude that the best Penalty Killing team in the entire history of the NHL (literally, not figuratively) now sucks at killing penalties, based on one hockey series.
Who was the Devil with 14 goals? I see Henrique with 16 and no one else with more then 7.

The Pens defense stank, but the Flyers were #2 in the league in scoring over the regular season. The Devils were 15th. I think that is pretty telling. But I do agree with you that discarding the Devil PK because of 7 playoff games is silly.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:22 PM
rban*

Very early but seems like Rags will roll over Caps in their series. Been watching the whole game, not at all impressed with Caps play. Holtby is letting in a few soft ones, and this Caps team looks like it has no chance vs Rags.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Very early but seems like Rags will roll over Caps in their series. Been watching the whole game, not at all impressed with Caps play. Holtby is letting in a few soft ones, and this Caps team looks like it has no chance vs Rags.
Yes. If Holtby plays like tonight, Rags in 4 easily.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:56 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The Devils are overhauling their lines, including separating Kovalchuk and Parise. Ponikarovsky was put on the 1st line, he's been good against us. Seems like a risky move at this point though.
I have been calling for this for TWO YEARS NOW.

It's sortof a Devils board joke how often I call for them to split up Kovalchuk and Parise, so I am positively elated about this news. There is only ONE puck on the ice, and Kovalchuk has it the entire shift. IMO, Parise being tethered to Kovalchuk has made Zach Parise probably 25% less of a factor than he should be. I've NEVER understood keeping them together. Would you rather have 2 superstars on the ice for 22 minutes together, or would you rather have 1 on the ice for 40 minutes? Personally, I'd rather have one of them out there for 2/3 of the game, than 2 of them out there for 1/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Who was the Devil with 14 goals? I see Henrique with 16 and no one else with more then 7.
Poni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Funny; I thought the Caps outplayed the Rangers. They hit FOUR posts (or was it 5?)

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Poni
Gotcha. The place I looked didn't list his 7 with the Canes.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:55 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Yea, caps hit a lot of posts. I think that series will go to 7.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:

Missed the guy with 16 goals? Rookie mistake.

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:14 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
I've always wondered what the Flyers could really do had they ever had a goalie that always played solid for them. I think they would've won a Cup already, TBH. Bryz still looks pretty shaky, and you have to think how much confidence they really have in Bryz when they see a few weak goals per game.

Imagine Cory Schneider on Philly. You'd guys would have back-to-back Cups by now.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Keep in mind that 16 goal scorer you missed is Briere, super playoff performer, he already has 5 goals this playoff
Note to update: Danny 'Mr. Playoffs' Briere already has 7 goals this playoff.

... As you were.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:42 AM
BillDineen

TSN game highlight around 2:30. Look at Hartnell abusing Wellwood during the celebration. Too funny.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:00 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

I'm not one of those Canadians who likes to vote for "whatever Canadian team is left in the playoffs". In fact, as a Leafs fan, I was backing the Rangers hard to knock out Ottawa. I prefer to go based on the rosters themselves, and whichever team has the most players that I like. Right now, that's your Flyers, so I'm officially hoping on your bandwagon for the remainder of your run.

Having watched many of your young stars play for Canada on the world stage and deliver this country many great moments, it makes it that much easier to root for the boys in Orange. Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and of course, Danny "Mr. Clutch" Briere will bring this team far. Oh and having watched JVR play for the USA at the WJC many times, I knew that this kid is the real deal, as evidenced in game 1 against NJ. Hope he can stay healthy. It's too bad that Pronger is out because that would really solidify your defence and push your team to another level. So I hope you guys won't mind some extra support from North of the Border for the next month or so.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
I'm not one of those Canadians who likes to vote for "whatever Canadian team is left in the playoffs". In fact, as a Leafs fan, I was backing the Rangers hard to knock out Ottawa. I prefer to go based on the rosters themselves, and whichever team has the most players that I like. Right now, that's your Flyers, so I'm officially hoping on your bandwagon for the remainder of your run.

Having watched many of your young stars play for Canada on the world stage and deliver this country many great moments, it makes it that much easier to root for the boys in Orange. Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and of course, Danny "Mr. Clutch" Briere will bring this team far. Oh and having watched JVR play for the USA at the WJC many times, I knew that this kid is the real deal, as evidenced in game 1 against NJ. Hope he can stay healthy. It's too bad that Pronger is out because that would really solidify your defence and push your team to another level. So I hope you guys won't mind some extra support from North of the Border for the next month or so.
Sure... Welcome aboard.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
A team spokesperson said Kovalchuk had gone to "therapy" and will be meeting up with the Devils later today in Philadelphia. He will apparently not be joining the team on its bus ride to Philadelphia this afternoon for Tuesday night's Game 2 against the Flyers.

Although Kovalchuk appears to have been struggling with some kind of injury throughout the playoffs—believed to be his lower back—he has repeatedly said when asked that he is healthy. Devils coach Pete DeBoer said he expects to have all players available for Tuesday's game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
A team spokesperson said Kovalchuk had gone to "therapy" and will be meeting up with the Devils later today in Philadelphia. He will apparently not be joining the team on its bus ride to Philadelphia this afternoon for Tuesday night's Game 2 against the Flyers.

Although Kovalchuk appears to have been struggling with some kind of injury throughout the playoffs—believed to be his lower back—he has repeatedly said when asked that he is healthy. Devils coach Pete DeBoer said he expects to have all players available for Tuesday's game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter
Therapy:

So Ilya... tell me what the problem is.

Well... I'm having nightmares.

What kind Ilya?

This lanky, no-toothed french kid just follows me round in them, I can't seem to get away from him. He also has the power of being like kryptonite around Russians.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Therapy:

What kind Ilya?

This lanky, no-toothed french kid just follows me round in them, I can't seem to get away from him. He also has the power of being like kryptonite around Russians.
All his Rorschach images were missing their front teeth, too.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Therapy:

What kind Ilya?

hes having nitemares of having Cooter chasing him around the ice, blocking him off at every turn like he did to Apeface..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Sean Couturier = The Russian Killer?

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote