HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

WCSF Game 1 | Predators @ Coyotes | 4-27-12 | 6PM | NBCSN

Old
04-28-2012, 12:36 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Apparently Tippett is pissed right now. Said there might be lineup changes.
Not so sure what he's gonna do. Line up changes didn't stop this same cycle last series. Coyotes are gonna troll, it's what we do here.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Double Post

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Fred Murtz

I give up posting in the SCP forum, Blackhawk fans are trolling and my posts trolling them gets yanked.

Oh well, as you can see RInne can be beat.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
it was like a switch at the end and they went into double bonus time with shots on goal. Glad to escape

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Apparently Tippett is pissed right now. Said there might be lineup changes.
I can't blame him, but I'm really wondering if he needs to look at his own game plan. This team seems to always let up when they're up a goal, so I don't think it's necessarily on the players.

Wouldn't mind seeing Stone in game 2 though.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:40 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
I give up posting in the SCP forum, Blackhawk fans are trolling and my posts trolling them gets yanked.

Blackhawk fans are hilarious. They make fun of our fanbase when a few years ago their's was non-existent. As they say, "haters gonna hate"

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
XX
... Waiting

Chips played less than 10 because he gave away the puck on one of the goals. I really don't know how much validity a lineup change threat has when the alternatives are guys like Biz and Pouliot.

You can't throw the aces in there because they don't know the system.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Blackhawk fans are hilarious. They make fun of our fanbase when a few years ago their's was non-existent. As they say, "haters gonna hate"
It's always hilarious when fans of teams like the Blackhawks and especially Pens fans talk down on the Yotes and their fans.

As long as their team is doing well at the moment, why not criticize other franchises?

Old
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
As long as their team is doing well at the moment, why not criticize other franchises?
Well they're both out on the greens so they aren't doing too well!

Oh sweet justice.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Well they're both out on the greens so they aren't doing too well!

Oh sweet justice.
I wonder if there are any NHLers from non-playoff teams in Phoenix right now enjoying the greens, and the occassional hockey game (as a customer, well, probably in a box suite)?

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
I wonder if there are any NHLers from non-playoff teams in Phoenix right now enjoying the greens, and the occassional hockey game (as a customer, well, probably in a box suite)?
Turris and Wheeler were probably chumming it up over a game of golf; afterwards they took a ride in a yellow Miata to Jobing.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Turris and Wheeler were probably chumming it up over a game of golf; afterwards they took a ride in a yellow Miata to Jobing.
I'm sure they'll pick up Mueller on the way as well.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
AndrewYotes

What a game boys. As always we found a way to win. We came out strong in the first, and bods goal was just amazing. He can be a sniper when he wants to, I'm glad he's shooting when it counts. We also seem to have a legitimate top line with hanzal/whitney/vrbata. 3rd period was just terrible though, and we can't continue to win playing like that. Normally I'm a big believer in 'Tippet We Trust', but it seems every time we sit back on a lead it bites us in the ass. Have to wonder what his thinking is there. I'll take the win though, it was exciting to watch!

AndrewYotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post

Rinne is a beast, I think he's better than Lundqvist even who most think if the "Best goalie in the world" I think Quick is overrated too. (Atleast the Sharks can beat him? And we make crappy goalies look amazing ) So putting up 4 on Rinne deserves praise.

Right now Smith is just on another level... You guys could have a 2003 Giguere or 2006 Cam Ward type performance in net the guy just seems so in the zone.

Also 4 of your victories have come in OT. Patrick Roy set the record with 10 OT wins with Montreal in a single 4 round playoff. At this pace and how close the games you guys seem to play are its not inconceivable if you go super deep that this record could fall. Which would be incredible and historic. Smith would definitely win the Smythe and become a legend. Sounds like the best story of the playoffs. I never thought anyone would have a chance at breaking that record but I just got a feeling. With the remaining teams you'd play (including NSH obviously) the games will likely be closely contended and the OT probability would be high through the west.

I was hoping for a PHX/FLA SCF for trolling/underdog purposes but since the Devils ruined that maybe PHX/PHI would be really cool? I still hate Torres more than anything so his name on the cup would just piss me off but technically he's not playing so it's ok. Asterisk on the cup!

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:57 AM
mitch27

My old coach used to say "good teams find a way to win". Couldn't be more true for this team. This is definitely my favourite Coyote team of all time, no matter what happens.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
We had Ryan Smyth and Mike Commordore in the lower bowl right behind us during the Chicago series.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Fred Murtz

Quote:
Rinne is a beast, I think he's better than Lundqvist even who most think if the "Best goalie in the world" I think Quick is overrated too. (Atleast the Sharks can beat him? And we make crappy goalies look amazing ) So putting up 4 on Rinne deserves praise.
Rinne was a wall during the regular season, he killed my Blues and got into their heads. Somewhere near the end of the season I saw him start to give up weak goals, something I had never seen before. You can see he's still struggling and it's getting into his head now from when he shows his frustration after a goal.

Smith is the hot hand now, he can steal this series for PHX.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:03 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I only saw the third period and OT. I'm stoked about the win of course, but man did we look awful. Like amateur beer league awful. Like "don't belong here at all" terribleness.

We need to wake the **** up, because this whole one man show thing is getting old.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Turris is more likely at Peter Piper pizza with him mom, looking for a friend to play air hockey with. Though his mom did get him a new product endorsement.

https://twitter.com/#!/kash2112/stat...663104/photo/1

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MP

Quote:
I can't blame him, but I'm really wondering if he needs to look at his own game plan. This team seems to always let up when they're up a goal, so I don't think it's necessarily on the players.
It seems like a combination of things. Fatigue became a noticeable problem in the Chicago series, so it's not surprising they're hesitant to expend much energy forechecking when they don't technically need a goal. Also, even in the best of conditions, they tend to become extremely risk-averse.

Whatever it is, though, they need to knock it the **** off. These late goals are going to catch up to them, sooner or later.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Predfan4life
Rookie User

Ahhhhh..

You know.. you guys out played us. We couldn't buy a faceoff. So good game. Smith is a monster. See you all Sunday.

Predfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predfan4life View Post
You know.. you guys out played us. We couldn't buy a faceoff. So good game. Smith is a monster. See you all Sunday.
You should have won it but be prepared for every game to go extra...grrr

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:08 AM

The Coyotes didn't deserve to win the 2nd half of that game but they deserved to win that game as a whole. I can totally understand why Tip would be mad the way they disappeared in the 3rd and much of OT. The 1st they were dominant but then the Preds really came back in the second and turned it on. It was a great game and I think the Preds have to be confident coming into the next game with a chance at splitting at home given that they pushed it to OT.

Boedker and OEL are just making me so excited to see them starting to pan out. Obviously this year has been a sort of coming out party for OEL to a degree, but the playoffs have been one for Boedker.

It's nice to see that Vrbata line together again and producing. I don't know where you put Doan anymore. I almost think Korpi should be with Vermette and Boedker and put Doan down with Gordon and Pyatt.

I thought Rozi had a pretty solid game from where I was sitting. He's a big and strong enough guy that he can play the body if needed.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:14 AM
mitch27

I agree with Rozy. I've been one of his biggest critics, but he was ON tonight.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Predfan4life
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
You should have won it but be prepared for every game to go extra...grrr
Oh yeah. I'm already mentally prepared for this to be a long series. I think we're two pretty similar teams all in all. And honestly, I think the winner of this series will be in the SCF. I think both of our teams are better then either the Kings or Blues.

One game at a time though.

Predfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote