Notices

Thelen on TV again....

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2004, 05:21 PM
chaachie12

vCash: 500
Thelen on TV again....

CSTV tonight, channel 274 on Comcast Digital. This will be my 3rd time watching him and am REALLY hoping he shows me something, anything as so far he is 0 for 2 in my book. I understand he has all the intangibles, but I would like to see them all working. As a Gopher fan it looks to me he wouldn't even crack our top 6, again with 2 games under my belt I am far from the "Thelen Authority".

Old
12-11-2004, 03:01 AM
Vlad The Impaler

I couldn't watch all of it, unfortunately. I gave precedence to the London VS Guelph game tonight and this one was my "back up".

From what I saw, it was an ok performance. Not as good as the first one I saw this year but better than the second one I saw (which was plain horrible). But my viewing tonight was very limited. Only a few shifts.

I expect way more out of this guy.

Old
12-11-2004, 08:27 AM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
I couldn't watch all of it, unfortunately. I gave precedence to the London VS Guelph game tonight and this one was my "back up".

From what I saw, it was an ok performance. Not as good as the first one I saw this year but better than the second one I saw (which was plain horrible). But my viewing tonight was very limited. Only a few shifts.

I expect way more out of this guy.
I echo this...I was watching the MN vs. SCSU game most of the night but saw a good portion of the MSU game. I thought he looked ok. He is very fluid, which is good. I thought he was more physical last night than the other 2 times I saw him. He put someone on thier butt more than once. His passing was better tonight too. I am worried though, he just disappears in the offensive zone right now. I didn't see him take a single shot, not that he didn't, I just didn't see it. He surely doesn't seem elite, as you would hope from such a high draft pick.

Old
12-11-2004, 12:54 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

at least he looks solid...sophomore slump?

Old
12-11-2004, 01:14 PM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
its got to be. He is physically impressive. He looks real big out there. Must be the all-american/high draft pick slump. MAybe he thought he was a little bit better than he was, a little untouchable? Who knows. The pieces are there.

Old
12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO

Definitely. He's still very young. Lots of time.

Old
12-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachie12
I am worried though, he just disappears in the offensive zone right now. I didn't see him take a single shot, not that he didn't, I just didn't see it.
In a past thread on the college board I touched on this. I was amazed that this guy didn't shoot more. He was always looking to pass even when on perfect position to shoot. From what I have seen so far Thelen has a powerful wrist shot. He should use it when people go to the net.

I don't know what's going on with him. I don't like that he has been scratched and it still doesn't work when he gets back. Although to tell you the truth, I think that was rather dumb of his coach to scratch him a Saturday and let this go for a week.

If I had scratched Thelen, I would have waited for a Friday and had him played the following day, so the emotions are still very raw. As it is, he had a week to calm down.

Old
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Looks like a prime candidate for the Wild to sign and groom in their particular fashion. You never want to see a prospect going backwards

Closed Thread