HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh Penguins DRAFT Tickets

Old
04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Pittsburgh Penguins DRAFT Tickets

People have been asking about the tickets for the draft in June, so I thought to pass along the email I got:

2012 NHL Entry Draft
Submit Your Ticket Request by May 15

We are excited to announce that all Pittsburgh Penguins Season Ticket Holders have been extended the opportunity to request complimentary tickets for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft at CONSOL Energy Center.

Due to expected demand and limited seating, Season Ticket Holders with full season packages (43 games) can select their preferred date (Friday, June 22 or Saturday, June 23). Half Season Package Holders (Plan A and B) are able to request tickets for Saturday’s full session.

If a request is submitted, you will be provided Upper Bowl General Admission Seating based on the number of seats in your 2012-2013 Season Ticket Package. Requests will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If both sessions reach capacity before the deadline, a wait list will be created. All tickets will be mailed the first week of June.

Duplicate entries and requests with invalid account numbers will be voided. Deadline to submit your request is Tuesday, May 15 at 12 pm.

Click here to submit your ticket request. Please be sure to include your Season Ticket Account ID (XXXXXX) when completing the form.

Additional details regarding the 2012 NHL Entry Draft will be provided as they become available!

After I submitted my request this was the response email:
Thank you for requesting tickets for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Date selected: Friday, June 22, 7:00 pm-11:00 pm (Round 1)

Requests will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If both sessions reach capacity before the May 15, 12 pm deadline, a wait list will be created.

You will be notified regarding the status of your request in late May.

All tickets will be mailed the first week of June to the address listed on your season ticket account.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:31 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Nice, thanks for the heads up Jaded.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

So this is only for season ticket holders? Lame.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Shady Machine

Yeah sounds like they expect it to "sell out" before it gets passed on to general public.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
So this is only for season ticket holders? Lame.
I did not read it that way. Season ticket holders merely get first crack at em, not all will take advantage.

And they have two days to accomodate all the season ticket holders so by sheer numbers that is twice as many seats as there are season ticket holders. I would imagine day one will be harder to get.

But it is not lame to reward the people who pay the bills with something like this.

As an aside, my girlfirend won the trip to Nemacolin during one of the last games we went to. They give five away every home game when you text when they put the contest up on the big screen. I asked about upgrading the room for an additional fee as it is the girlfriends birthday in a month and wanted to suprise her, and the staff at Nemacolin was very nice and did so for less than the full upgrade amount. We go Sunday night. The Pens are really great about treating the fans well, both ticket holders and fans in general. First class and one of the best organizations in sports.

Further aside: I would highly suggest season ticket holders check their email and get a request in soon if they want the first night.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

A half season doesn't guarantee u tickets for the first round? I'm a little disappointed. I love the organization but they're so corporate. Oh well prob should calm down but it's bs half season people have to try and fight with the masses over day one tickets.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I did not read it that way. Season ticket holders merely get first crack at em, not all will take advantage.

And they have two days to accomodate all the season ticket holders so by sheer numbers that is twice as many seats as there are season ticket holders. I would imagine day one will be harder to get.

But it is not lame to reward the people who pay the bills with something like this.

As an aside, my girlfirend won the trip to Nemacolin during one of the last games we went to. They give five away every home game when you text when they put the contest up on the big screen. I asked about upgrading the room for an additional fee as it is the girlfriends birthday in a month and wanted to suprise her, and the staff at Nemacolin was very nice and did so for less than the full upgrade amount. We go Sunday night. The Pens are really great about treating the fans well, both ticket holders and fans in general. First class and one of the best organizations in sports.

Further aside: I would highly suggest season ticket holders check their email and get a request in soon if they want the first night.
Are these the same season ticket holders that sat on their hands for most the season? I'm willing to be most of them aren't even die hard fans & could care less about the draft. Yet they will be selling free tickets. The demographic of the crowd has changed considerably over the most recent years.

It's kinda of sad the way they have sold out the fans that were there for the hard times but that's business I guess.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Are these the same season ticket holders that sat on their hands for most the season? I'm willing to be most of them aren't even die hard fans & could care less about the draft. Yet they will be selling free tickets. The demographic of the crowd has changed considerably over the most recent years.

It's kinda of sad the way they have sold out the fans that were there for the hard times but that's business I guess.
Those ppl won't claim their tickets if ur right so it shouldn't be an issue for u

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:04 PM
SirBrad

So no price?

I wouldn't spend much to attend this, that's for sure. The more I think about it I'd rather just watch on TV.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Those ppl won't claim their tickets if ur right so it shouldn't be an issue for u
I hope so but in the past it seems like a lot of people put game tickets for sale for well over face. So I wouldn't be surprised if people do that with draft tickets.

Last edited by eXile59: 04-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
A half season doesn't guarantee u tickets for the first round? I'm a little disappointed. I love the organization but they're so corporate. Oh well prob should calm down but it's bs half season people have to try and fight with the masses over day one tickets.
Only if every single person claims there tickets would they have more claims in than there would be seats. And all for the same day. Some will choose saturday. I would guess if you are any type of season ticket holder you will have your choice.

As for the rest, I have no clue the outrage over this. Imagine if they screwed season ticket holders the outcry. Seriously tell me that this is not the right solution and try to be reasonable. Some will certainly reach those who want them, but it is right to give the people who spend an absolute minimum of between $2500 (for the worst seats in the house) and for corporate boxes, what? $100,000 a year and enable the team to afford the players a perk like this. Did you all complain about the allstar game format as well when the Pirates got that welfare opportunity from MLB?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Hizaki
Taylor Swift 1989 :)

I hope there will be a good amount available for non-season ticket holders.
I honestly wouldn't mind paying something $20 or less to get in (preferably free though).
It's not every year you get a chance to see a draft in person.

Hizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Half season people would have priority over the masses. Most likely should get the choice of days they want based on pure mathmatics.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Only if every single person claims there tickets would they have more claims in than there would be seats. And all for the same day. Some will choose saturday. I would guess if you are any type of season ticket holder you will have your choice.

As for the rest, I have no clue the outrage over this. Imagine if they screwed season ticket holders the outcry. Seriously tell me that this is not the right solution and try to be reasonable. Some will certainly reach those who want them, but it is right to give the people who spend an absolute minimum of between $2500 (for the worst seats in the house) and for corporate boxes, what? $100,000 a year and enable the team to afford the players a perk like this. Did you all complain about the allstar game format as well when the Pirates got that welfare opportunity from MLB?
I understand that it's just a business but you have to feel for those of us who would go wait in line for student rush well before Crosby became a Pen. Now the economies gone to crap & the very same crowd don't have that kind of money. It's like the ones who were there for the rough times are getting the stiff arm.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I understand that it's just a business but you have to feel for those of us who would go wait in line for student rush well before Crosby became a Pen. Now the economies gone to crap & the very same crowd don't have that kind of money. It's like the ones who were there for the rough times are getting the stiff arm.
Yeah, but people make it sound like it is some Orwelian dystopia of nameless faceless 'suits' buying tickets now. It is so easy to do these days, in politics and now sports. I have season tickets and am hardly rich. TD has them, a number of others on this site. We have been fans for decades and sacrifice things, make choices to go to games. I have been a fan since the early 70's. If you looked at the crowds very few are these 'suits' people complain about. They are people just like you who chose to go to games maybe instead of a vacation. I have given free tickets to people on this site over the years too, when I had an extra as people I usually go with could not go.

And as well we pay most of the salaries of the players and are a major part of why the team still is in Pittsburgh and certainly the reason they can afford to spend to the cap.

If priority on a draft ticket bothers some, well I am not going to apologize.

Sorry but it is a pet peeve of mine.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:18 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Yeah, but people make it sound like it is some Orwelian dystopia of nameless faceless 'suits' buying tickets now. It is so easy to do these days, in politics and now sports. I have season tickets and am hardly rich. TD has them, a number of others on this site. We have been fans for decades and sacrifice things, make choices to go to games. I have been a fan since the early 70's. If you looked at the crowds very few are these 'suits' people complain about. They are people just like you who chose to go to games maybe instead of a vacation. I have given free tickets to people on this site over the years too, when I had an extra as people I usually go with could not go.

And as well we pay most of the salaries of the players and are a major part of why the team still is in Pittsburgh and certainly the reason they can afford to spend to the cap.

If priority on a draft ticket bothers some, well I am not going to apologize.

Sorry but it is a pet peeve of mine.
I saw your perspective until you said this. It's just out right ignorant to say I "choose" not to buy season tickets. I haven't got to "choose" a vacation over Pens games because it would be Pens games every time. Unfortunately I've had "choose" in the past of working a second job at nights & missing Pens games so I could pay my school loans. That doesn't give me a chance to invest large amounts of money into tickets. For the first time since I was 6 years old I didn't get to go to a game this year. That doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I saw your perspective until you said this. It's just out right ignorant to say I "choose" not to buy season tickets. I haven't got to "choose" a vacation over Pens games because it would be Pens games every time. Unfortunately I've had "choose" in the past of working a second job at nights & missing Pens games so I could pay my school loans. That doesn't give me a chance to invest large amounts of money into tickets. For the first time since I was 6 years old I didn't get to go to a game this year. That doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Oh I agree totally. I was not saying anyone was less or more of a fan. That was my point actually. Far too many of us tend to catagorize people, usually negatively, these days. In politics, in all aspects of life. The whole 'suits' thing annoyed me is all. If you go to games and look around it is mostly middle class families who bring their kids, etc. Few look like they vacation in the Hamptons, brought our butler, or some silliness like that. We are all fans, and most at the game, or not, are pretty much the same. The only exception is how limited the student rush has been, by necessity. When the Pens began selling out they just could not give so many tickets to students for $20. It is great that they kept it to the extent that they could. But yeah, I do not scream as much now as I did when I was 18 or 19 years old.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Right on. This pisses me right off. I was planning to attend for free, with little to no issues whatsoever, now it looks as though I will not be able to attend at all?

And people wonder why the crowd at Consol is weaker than Paul Martin... because 90% of the attendants don't put their iphones down.

Yes I'm bitter, but that's trash.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:39 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

You guys are the best...upset that the team's season ticket holders get rewarded just because they financially support the team with thousands of dollars every year.

This is exactly how it should be done and that's how they did it for the Winter Classic also. They'll be tickets available afterward...surprisingly most people don't like attending the draft which is why they give tickets away.

Don't like it? Buy season tickets. Can't buy season tickets? Then enjoy the draft on TV like you enjoy the games but don't be upset at a system that takes care of the fans that take care of the organization. That's just dumb.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
You guys are the best...upset that the team's season ticket holders get rewarded just because they financially support the team with thousands of dollars every year.

This is exactly how it should be done and that's how they did it for the Winter Classic also. They'll be tickets available afterward...surprisingly most people don't like attending the draft which is why they give tickets away.

Don't like it? Buy season tickets. Can't buy season tickets? Then enjoy the draft on TV like you enjoy the games but don't be upset at a system that takes care of the fans that take care of the organization. That's just dumb.
Yeah because we plebeians with out season tickets haven't contributed our hard earned dollars. Over the years I've probably spent more than enough money to buy a season ticket well before any of the bandwagon Steelers crowd jumped in.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Yeah because we plebeians with out season tickets haven't contributed our hard earned dollars. Over the years I've probably spent more than enough money to buy a season ticket well before any of the bandwagon Steelers crowd jumped in.
Why do you and some others keep going back to judging anyone's fandom at all? Be happy that the Pens are popular enough to sell out like they do, it is why we spend to the cap. And like I said, I look around the arena, the people there are no different than most on this board. Middle class, hardly rich or suits or anything else. And prices are becoming ridiculous for most of us. $200 a game for two tickets for me, almost $10,000 per year and double where they were in 2004 when I started buying them. I split them with one guy and now will have to add a third because of the prices. And still it remains a real struggle to afford these. Most others are in the same boat.

No one is a better fan, whether they buy tickets or not. I get tired of demonizing others as a group, especially those who are no different that you are. Not just here but in general in this country more than I have ever seen it before. And it is ridiculous to think that the Pens would not offer the people who enable us to afford to spend to the cap a perk of first chance at these. Honestly, how can anone justify another position? If running the Pens you seriously would do otherwise? Can you imagine the outcry if that happened?

Old
04-28-2012, 04:49 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Maybe instead of giving season ticket holders first crack at Draft tickets they should produce a giant survey and give this benefit to whoever they deem to be the biggest fans of the team or to those who have liked them the longest.

That seems like a way more reasonable option as opposed to rewarding the people that put their money up year after year.

And that's what it is...a reward. Because you are _____, you get _____.

They'll be tickets available. There are every year. The team is just trying to take care of their database first.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Beauner

vCash: 50
Quote:
] I look around the arena, the people there are no different than most on this board. Middle class, hardly rich or suits or anything else. And prices are becoming ridiculous for most of us. $200 a game for two tickets for me, almost $10,000 per year and double where they were in 2004 when I started buying them. I split them with one guy and now will have to add a third because of the prices. And still it remains a real struggle to afford these. Most others are in the same boat.
This. The people I always see at games are obviously die hards, I don't know why people just assume all STHs are rich just because they have season tickets. That's far from the case.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:52 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Maybe instead of giving season ticket holders first crack at Draft tickets they should produce a giant survey and give this benefit to whoever they deem to be the biggest fans of the team or to those who have liked them the longest.

That seems like a way more reasonable option as opposed to rewarding the people that put their money up year after year.

And that's what it is...a reward. Because you are _____, you get _____.

They'll be tickets available. There are every year. The team is just trying to take care of their database first.
Or they could just make it first come first serve.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Pengo

Shouldn't there be tickets available on Stubhub or something?

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote