HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kiprusoff - Availability & Asking Price/Offers

Old
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I can't believe how little some Flames fans are asking back for Kiprusoff. Without Kipper, the Flames would have been one of the worst teams in the league.

Franson and Kadri? Really? That package could maybe return a 2nd line forward, not one of the best goalies in the league on a nice contract.

The Hawks offer is a little more appealing, just because the Flames really need a goalie back if Kipper is dealt. Crawford is decent and could split time with Irving. That being said, I'd expect something better than McNeil/2nd in addition to Crawford. McNeil didn't show much in his last year of junior hockey.
Many hockey fans would prefer that since the Flames didn't make the playoffs. If you don't make the playoffs you may as well get good draft position

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I can't believe how little some Flames fans are asking back for Kiprusoff. Without Kipper, the Flames would have been one of the worst teams in the league.

Franson and Kadri? Really? That package could maybe return a 2nd line forward, not one of the best goalies in the league on a nice contract.

The Hawks offer is a little more appealing, just because the Flames really need a goalie back if Kipper is dealt. Crawford is decent and could split time with Irving. That being said, I'd expect something better than McNeil/2nd in addition to Crawford. McNeil didn't show much in his last year of junior hockey.
I don't think a Flames fan suggested that offer. Most I know want a 1st+ as a starting point

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Flameshomer

You guys are crazy if you wouldn't do kipper for franson and kadri. I do that all day everyday. Kadri instantly becomes our second best prospect, and franson is already better than 3 of our dmen currently playing, with some potential to grow.

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
You guys are crazy if you wouldn't do kipper for franson and kadri. I do that all day everyday. Kadri instantly becomes our second best prospect, and franson is already better than 3 of our dmen currently playing, with some potential to grow.
and Kipper could still land a bigger package than that

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
I wouldn't take Kadri and Franson as the centerpieces of a trade for Kiprusoff. Kadri is massively overrated - he's prone to errors, questions about his compete level, and whether he'll get strong enough to play top-6 minutes at the NHL level.

Franson is a #4 defenceman, and the Flames have plenty of similar players already within the system.

The Hawks seem to be better partners, as they have some prospects plus a young goalie (Crawford) they could deal for Kiprusoff.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Flameshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I wouldn't take Kadri and Franson as the centerpieces of a trade for Kiprusoff. Kadri is massively overrated - he's prone to errors, questions about his compete level, and whether he'll get strong enough to play top-6 minutes at the NHL level.

Franson is a #4 defenceman, and the Flames have plenty of similar players already within the system.

The Hawks seem to be better partners, as they have some prospects plus a young goalie (Crawford) they could deal for Kiprusoff.
Kadri has definite upside, and I would easily say franson is better than brodie, who we all have such a hard on for.

Also, we have absolutely no need for crawford, as we have Irving and ramo to fill identical roles, and would only take him as salary in a package from Chicago, not as a legit piece.

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote