HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Breezers not fitting right...

Old
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
dpixel8

vCash: 500
Breezers not fitting right...

So things have changed over the years since I was younger. I'm not remotely overweight, but have the usual 33 year old gut. I'm 5'4, 150ish (sometimes less). Have a pair of Reebok Medium's, and then went and got a pair of Small's, since I needed to wear suspenders to keep the Medium's up. Well, same thing with the Small's now. Just won't stay up unless I put suspenders on. WTF am I doing wrong that wasn't the case when I played as a kid?? Or are these pants just not made the same as others?

dpixel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What pants? You have them tied tight and belt tight, right?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
dpixel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
What pants? You have them tied tight and belt tight, right?

7K's. And yeah, they're tied tight and belt tight. It's really obnoxious. Just seems like they don't ride as high as my breezers used to (up until barely 2 years ago, I hadn't skated in 12+ years). And I'm sick of wearing the suspenders. They are just uncomfortable and seem to inhibit my movement sometimes.

Maybe I just need to stop drinking beer after games

Old
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well if your problem is they are too big, probably ain't the beer

Most pants today sit a little lower. Kids today wear their pants on the hips, not on the waist. So the pants are now sized accordingly.

A more traditional pant like Tackla seems to sit higher up on the waist. Those of course run big so you'd probably be in a 46.

Are the suspenders too short?

Old
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
dpixel8

Quote:
Well if your problem is they are too big, probably ain't the beer

Most pants today sit a little lower. Kids today wear their pants on the hips, not on the waist. So the pants are now sized accordingly.

A more traditional pant like Tackla seems to sit higher up on the waist. Those of course run big so you'd probably be in a 46.

Are the suspenders too short?

makes sense now then, as that's where they sit. I use the suspenders to try and get them up higher, but clearly that's not the issue. And the Medium's FIT me pretty well, I'm just short so they hang down too low and get in the way of my knees (hence obviously they're sitting at my hips rather than waist)

I adjust the suspenders and maybe i'll do that with the Small's, since those seem to fit in the length department, just a bit tight when I crank them down.

Dumb kids these days, ruining it for all of us old men.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
dpixel8

Wait so, did Tackla used to be....Jofa?? Because my buddy who owns the LHS said that Tackla's might work for me better. Just try telling my wife that I need a THIRD pair of breezers....

Old
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
AIREAYE

Pants are supposed to sit on the hips... No Tackla was an independent (Finnish?) company specializing in pants. Now owned by Eagle/Vaughn I believe.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
jsykes

Montreal distributes Tackla in N. America. Not sure if they own them or not because I believe Tackla is still independent in Europe.

Jofa is now owned by Reebok in N. America.

You're problem is you're just a short middle-aged midget with a gut.

You may want to try a girdle. With those they sit where you put them and will likely stay up higher and not slide down on you like pants do.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
dpixel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Montreal distributes Tackla in N. America. Not sure if they own them or not because I believe Tackla is still independent in Europe.

Jofa is now owned by Reebok in N. America.

You're problem is you're just a short middle-aged midget with a gut.

You may want to try a girdle. With those they sit where you put them and will likely stay up higher and not slide down on you like pants do.

@ midget. My nickname.

I think maybe I'll just let the small's slide down a bit since that's....how they're supposed to be. lol

EDIT: hahahaha you sonofa*****. I figure it out then after I see your username. hahahaha wow

Old
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
IDuck

im a big believer in girdles....will never go back

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well when you get the cash, check out the Tacklas. One nice thing is that they sit a little higher but they also have really free movement on the legs and tons of protection.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
dpixel8

Quote:
Well when you get the cash, check out the Tacklas. One nice thing is that they sit a little higher but they also have really free movement on the legs and tons of protection.

Appreciate it Jarick. However I think I'll stick with these until they wear out and maybe make the wife let me get some new ones for next winter. Just sold our house and we're on the hunt for a new one.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpixel8 View Post
@ midget. My nickname.

EDIT: hahahaha you sonofa*****. I figure it out then after I see your username. hahahaha wow

When you're ready you may want to look into a girdle. I moved to one about a year ago and really, really like it. They stay in place better and as a + sized gentleman, they can also have a slimming effect. It wont make you look taller though.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:53 AM
dpixel8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post

When you're ready you may want to look into a girdle. I moved to one about a year ago and really, really like it. They stay in place better and as a + sized gentleman, they can also have a slimming effect. It wont make you look taller though.

You're a riot Jim.

And which girdle do you have, by chance? Still have padding?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM
jsykes

I use the Warrior Projekt girdle. It has plenty of padding. Its pretty low profile and I was worried at first it wouldnt be as good as pants, but I've actually had fewer issues with pucks or sticks missing padding on the girdle than I did with pants.

Its a little to get used to because it initially feels tight and constricting, but in actuality it has much more range of movement than pants have because the spandex will stretch and move with you without padding bunching up or binding.

The big thing is I dont have to wear suspenders and am not constantly pulling them up like I did with pants, I put them on and they stay in place till I take them off.