HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Off Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
You're depressing !

You were the one making a post on Main Board about how we were down and you didn't even wait until the end of game 7.

Not saying you are wrong, but yeah...

I'd rather keep our GREAT defensive unit intact or even improve on it, before trying to get a whole first-line.

We have it !

You'll have to wait for Huberdeau, Bjugstad and others... Patience !
What he said has truth. 94 points won't win us a division although it would get us a playoff spot. And too the people who keep bringing up Semin and Parise, there's 29 other teams in the race for those players so our chances are next to zero.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Garrison should be brought back. Period. Rather see Kuli moved for offense and Garrison kept.

Santo is gone. Adios. Rather see Strachan get regular minutes over us keeping Ellerby.

Barch should be kept. Madden was/is great once he reached mid-season form. Animal, like to see him brought back.

Tallon has his work cut out for him no matter how you slice it.

04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
You're depressing !

You were the one making a post on Main Board about how we were down and you didn't even wait until the end of game 7.

Not saying you are wrong, but yeah...

I'd rather keep our GREAT defensive unit intact or even improve on it, before trying to get a whole first-line.

We have it !

You'll have to wait for Huberdeau, Bjugstad and others... Patience !
the thread on the main board was created regardless of result of game 7. And i am sorry sometimes being depressing is being realistic. If every team is going to improve around us this summer Then we have to do the same. Our team is not good enough. There has to be room for improvement both internally through the draft and externally through trades and free agency.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Kulikov for Thornton

Old
04-28-2012, 12:03 AM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
Kulikov was very underwhelming in the playoffs. Not trying to pile on the guy but even Strachan was better. Then again I have always liked Strachan's game when given a chance. Id strongly consider moving Kulikov for a top centerman.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Erick

Samuelsson - No. Due a raise, too old.
Sturm - No.
Madden - No. I appreciate his effort but Smithson is here and is, imo, better. Better at faceoffs and already under contract for next year, anyway.
Barch - Sure, why not?

I don't know why Santorelli and Bradley are being brought up. They're not UFA's. Hopefully we can trade Santorelli. I'd like Bradley back. He's tough and he's a good 4th line player. I liked him when he was healthy and feel like we missed his play along with Skille's at certain points down the stretch.

Wolski - I'd consider it. It probably won't happen, though.

Ellerby - Shouldn't be much of a raise, but I don't really care to have him back. I'm sure there would be teams interested in having him. Tyson Strachan is more than capable of filling his role.

Garrison - Yes please.

Clemmensen - Thanks for the season. Hopefully it earns him more playing time elsewhere. Not interested in having him back. Even if Markstrom isn't ready, Clemmensen is just a backup goaltender and guys who can produce similar results will probably be had for cheaper.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Sturm - No.
Madden - No. I appreciate his effort but Smithson is here and is, imo, better. Better at faceoffs and already under contract for next year, anyway.
Barch - Sure, why not?

I don't know why Santorelli and Bradley are being brought up. They're not UFA's. Hopefully we can trade Santorelli. I'd like Bradley back. He's tough and he's a good 4th line player. I liked him when he was healthy and feel like we missed his play along with Skille's at certain points down the stretch.

Ellerby - Shouldn't be much of a raise, but I don't really care to have him back. I'm sure there would be teams interested in having him. Tyson Strachan is more than capable of filling his role.

Garrison - Yes please.

Clemmensen - Thanks for the season. Hopefully it earns him more playing time elsewhere. Not interested in having him back. Even if Markstrom isn't ready, Clemmensen is just a backup goaltender and guys who can produce similar results will probably be had for cheaper.
Couldn't agree more on all accounts.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Sturm - No.
Barch - Sure, why not?

Garrison - Yes please.

About Clemmer: if he came cheaper himself, would you be interested?

When we look at next season, one of the positives this year's run has brought us, is that players probably view us as more positively than before. So, they may come here cheaper than they would have before. It's difficult to quantify this effect, but I think it's there. I also wouldn't write us off in races for best UFAs like before.

And this goes for our own free agents aswell, especially guys like Wolski (big pay cut if brought back), and Clemmer.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
About Clemmer: if he came cheaper himself, would you be interested?

When we look at next season, one of the positives this year's run has brought us, is that players probably view us as more positively than before. So, they may come here cheaper than they would have before. It's difficult to quantify this effect, but I think it's there. I also wouldn't write us off in races for best UFAs like before.

And this goes for our own free agents aswell, especially guys like Wolski (big pay cut if brought back), and Clemmer.
That really all depends on how the organization feels about Markstrom.

In regards to Clemmer, he's coming off a good season. I doubt he gets less than the 1.2 he's already making. 1-1.2ish, maybe a bit more. At that price, meh. He had a nice year, but he's been up and down in his career. Goalies, especially backup goalies...their play varies from year-to-year because the sample is pretty small.

Organizations can usually find a goalie for cheap in free agency who exceeds expectations. Heck, we did it with Theodore last offseason.

And again, if they feel Markstrom is ready, it's an unnecessary contract.

We also have another good goalie in San Antonio in DGM. He's played well in the AHL and I think it's probably a case of him not getting a chance yet in the NHL. If given a chance, I don't think he'd be much worse than what Clemmer would do in his normal season.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Tuco

Quote:
That really all depends on how the organization feels about Markstrom.

In regards to Clemmer, he's coming off a good season. I doubt he gets less than the 1.2 he's already making. 1-1.2ish, maybe a bit more. At that price, meh. He had a nice year, but he's been up and down in his career. Goalies, especially backup goalies...their play varies from year-to-year because the sample is pretty small.

Organizations can usually find a goalie for cheap in free agency who exceeds expectations. Heck, we did it with Theodore last offseason.

And again, if they feel Markstrom is ready, it's an unnecessary contract.

We also have another good goalie in San Antonio in DGM. He's played well in the AHL and I think it's probably a case of him not getting a chance yet in the NHL. If given a chance, I don't think he'd be much worse than what Clemmer would do in his normal season.
Yeah, I guess you first see how Marky does at camp, and go from there.

If he does well, end of discussion.

If they feel he needs one more year in SA, then see who's available. If Clemmer is still there, he'll come cheap at that point. Which would be fine for me.

Last edited by Tuco: 04-28-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old
04-28-2012, 07:43 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs3441 View Post
Any room for Luongo? I kid....I kid.
If they need someone to pump the tires on the team bus sure bring him over.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:23 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

I agree with Erik and laus for the most part. Garrison makes a significant difference in our defensive unit. Letting him go and hoping that Ellerby will improve is unlikely. I rather keep garrison, have strachan as 7th D, and get rid of Ellerby. Gudy is maturing, Kuli still has some healing to do and will improve over the summer. We want improve, not sit idle.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Garrison should be brought back. Period. Rather see Kuli moved for offense and Garrison kept.

Santo is gone. Adios. Rather see Strachan get regular minutes over us keeping Ellerby.

Barch should be kept. Madden was/is great once he reached mid-season form. Animal, like to see him brought back.

Tallon has his work cut out for him no matter how you slice it.
Period.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:03 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

True warrior, I have a hard time seeing him back tho'. But I wouldn't have anything against if he would get another year down here.
Quote:
George Richards ‏ @OnFrozenPond
#FlaPanthers john madden face all stitched up, needs nasal surgery. Says he wants to play again next season; hopes to be in SFla

Old
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Much respect to Madden, what a champ!

And I facepalm at people wanting to trade Kulikov. He is 22, and has been outstanding, it's his first playoffs. Chill out, it was a great experience for him, and he will only learn and become better. You don't become a better player if you never have any adversity, a good learning experience.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:03 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
  • Santorelli, Jovonovski, and Upshall will be difficult if not impossible to move for cap space.
  • Garrison is an unfortunate cap casualty, as Kulikov and especially Versteeg are due for healthy raises. But if we find a way to unload Santo/Jovo/Upshall it's a whole new ballgame, as they say.
Jovo and Upshall are going nowhere. And you obviously have no idea where our cap situation is. To clear this for everyone:

Salary cap (could rise by a few million): $64,300,000
Roster size (players under contract for next season): 16 (well, 15 since Santo is gone)
Cap payroll: $40,644,500
Current bonuses: $2,300,000
Projected cap space: $23,655,500

Missing from the payroll are (and the projected numbers are over what they'll probably get):

- Versteeg (RFA $3,083,333, around 3.5-4 million)
- Kulikov (RFA, $1,325,000, depends if it's short or long term- let's say 3 million)
- Wolski (not tendered $3,800,000, gone or back for less than a million)
- Ellerby (RFA $787,500, 1.5 million MAX)
- Garrison (UFA $675,000, 4.5 million)
- Barch (UFA $837,500, if he's back- around a million or less)
- (a backup if Markie is still in the AHL)

[ ALREADY SIGNED BUT POSSIBLY PLAYING NEXT YEAR ]

- Markström $1,300,000
- Huberdeau $3,175,000

= $19,475,000 (With Wolski&Barch included)

-> Cap space left = $4,180,500 ($5,780,500 if Santo is gone)

AND KEEP IN MIND, ALL THE NUMBERS I PLACED FOR RFA's ARE INFLATED, MOST OF THEM PROBABLY END UP GETTING LESS.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:05 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Much respect to Madden, what a champ!

And I facepalm at people wanting to trade Kulikov. He is 22, and has been outstanding, it's his first playoffs. Chill out, it was a great experience for him, and he will only learn and become better. You don't become a better player if you never have any adversity, a good learning experience.
Agree. Kuli is too young and talented to let go of now.

I believe he looked more comfortable during the first half of the season before his injury.

On the flip side, it's great to know we have great defensive depth.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Some videos from Locker clean out day, thanks to George Richards!

Old
04-28-2012, 12:44 PM
BabyJagrov

And for those who've been hard on Kulikov about all year...

I LOVE that Jovocop quote:

Quote:
I had fun coming here everyday. Praises young D. Kuli's a stud. Guddy, he turned into a man right before our eyes.
Kulikov is a stud. Period.

And before we ask for offense, we better take care of keeping that amazing defensive corp together... The only one expendable is Ellerby.

Soupy, Jovocop, Kuli, Gud, Boom-Boom, Weaver, Strach, Robak and Petro... That's a crazy D and crazy depth ! Heard one time that you needed 9 NHL capable defensemen to win the Cup. The count is right !

Re-sign Garrison ASAP ! But I trust Tallon... He said it time and time again that Jason would sign an extension and he will ! For sure !!

Old
04-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Mavs3441

Anyone think Rick Nash can fit?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Mavs3441

Oh, kinda silly but in NHL 12, I traded Santorelli plus 1st round this year and 2nd the next, for Hossa. Blackhawks said yea hah

Old
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs3441 View Post
Oh, kinda silly but in NHL 12, I traded Santorelli plus 1st round this year and 2nd the next, for Hossa. Blackhawks said yea hah
CPU trades usually make no sense. Canes traded for DP's eternity contract the other day, and they still had Ward. Sense, these trades make none.

Oh, and Barch has 400 PIMs in 42 games on my Be a GM.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
CPU trades usually make no sense. Canes traded for DP's eternity contract the other day, and they still had Ward. Sense, these trades make none.

Oh, and Barch has 400 PIMs in 42 games on my Be a GM.
LOVE your avatar ! Photoshop ?

It's awesome !

And I basically transform myself into Pierre McGuire everytime I talk about Guds !

Our Monster !!!

Old
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

Quote:
LOVE your avatar ! Photoshop ?
It's taken after Game 7, Pierre trying to relieve Guds pain.

Booth made it after I came up with the idea.

Old
04-28-2012, 04:30 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
It's taken after Game 7, Pierre trying to relieve Guds pain.

Booth made it after I came up with the idea.
Awesome job by Booth and brilliant idea by you... I wish I was that good !

Got to find a nice one with Huby, Robak, Petro, Rocco or Howden for myself !

Last edited by BabyJagrov: 04-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Closed Thread