HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:53 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He does have his attributes, of course. He isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out ot be.
Sutter being his coach has really set him back he uses him ass backwards that alone should have gotten fired.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Kipper for Vlasic
I can second this. Both players gained value from what they originally started as.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Sutter being his coach has really set him back he uses him ass backwards that alone should have gotten fired.
'Tis sad. I'm rooting for Jay-Bo to make the playoffs some day.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Russel is a lefty, eh? And he's a PMD.

I like the kid, he was quite effective against the Sharks. I think he could be a middle-pairing PMD with below-average defense, but he's a great skater and has good offensive instincts. He's not my problem with the trade idea.

Stewart was horrid in the playoffs, he was horrid all season, and none of his advanced numbers give me any indication that he'll bounce back (like I'm certain Penner will). I want no part of his lazy ass on a team who's motivation is frequently questioned.

The 3rd doesn't do anything for me.
I wouldn't mind Russell but for Vlasic, I don't think so. While Stewart is an issue in his own right, you are correct, if you base a deal around a forward you want with Russell, you have a huge hole on the left side at the top end. Maybe if you can sign Ryan Suter or Matt Carle you can get by. I just don't see those things materializing.

Quote:
Jbo is a lefty
I'm sorry but we're interested in making the playoffs and Mr. Bouwmeester is the playoff kiss of death.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I wouldn't mind Russell but for Vlasic, I don't think so. While Stewart is an issue in his own right, you are correct, if you base a deal around a forward you want with Russell, you have a huge hole on the left side at the top end. Maybe if you can sign Ryan Suter or Matt Carle you can get by. I just don't see those things materializing.
Yeah. It'd have to be something like Russel+top-3 forward for Vlasic-Clowe, or something like that. The forward would have to be an Oshie, Berglund, or Perron.

But frankly, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Matt Carle is exactly what we need.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:07 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah. It'd have to be something like Russel+top-3 forward for Vlasic-Clowe, or something like that. The forward would have to be an Oshie, Berglund, or Perron.

But frankly, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Matt Carle is exactly what we need.
And that's where the discussion would stop. I have the same reservations about Clowe that you guys have about Stewart, and those three forwards aren't going anywhere.

Stewart's issue isn't laziness, it's that the Blues score most of their goals off the cycle and that's not where Stewart made his bones in the league. If you go back to look and remember how he put up all those goals with Colorado (and when he first got to the Blues) you see an overwhelming majority of them were scored off the rush or cleaning up rebounds on the PP. Stewart was taken off the PP halfway through the season this year and the Blues get the majority of their offensive zone chances off the forecheck rather than the rush. Stewart's production being cut in half should surprise nobody. It's not laziness, it's lack of roundedness to his game. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of ability. You can tell he's going out there totally motivated trying to prove Hitchcock wrong, he just can't do it yet. Very one-dimensional player. Maybe he'll figure that part out. I hope it's somewhere else.

I don't think he'd be particularly effective on the Sharks (or particularly ineffective), but his numbers would rebound if you put him on run and gun teams like Toronto or Edmonton.

I can understand having little to no interest in Stewart considering the year he just had. Any deal with the Blues has to not create another hole or it's pointless. Frankly, I'd much rather have Garrison without giving up any assets than Vlasic, but I do like Vlasic.

I don't think there's much we'd give up that fits the bill. (One of Cole/Russell) + D'Agostini + 2d is reasonable value but nobody ever jumps at quantity for quality.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Let's discuss the main problem first. The pronunciation of his last name. It's Vlasic not V-Lasic. Say it like you say Vlad or Vladimir. Vl is one word, no pauses inbetween. It's Vlasic. I HATE when commentaries etc say V-Lasic. Sounds so retarded... And I love how north americans rage if you pronounce a north american players name wrong. But it's okay to be lazy and pronounce the european players names in the easiest way you can think of. Hypocrital.

Back to the subject, I'd say he's worth a 1st rounder and a real good prospect or a top 6 forward / top 4 defensemen.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Would Matt read and a 2nd intrest the sharks?

Or would it be Voracek and above ?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
And that's where the discussion would stop. I have the same reservations about Clowe that you guys have about Stewart, and those three forwards aren't going anywhere.

Stewart's issue isn't laziness, it's that the Blues score most of their goals off the cycle and that's not where Stewart made his bones in the league. If you go back to look and remember how he put up all those goals with Colorado (and when he first got to the Blues) you see an overwhelming majority of them were scored off the rush or cleaning up rebounds on the PP. Stewart was taken off the PP halfway through the season this year and the Blues get the majority of their offensive zone chances off the forecheck rather than the rush. Stewart's production being cut in half should surprise nobody. It's not laziness, it's lack of roundedness to his game. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of ability. You can tell he's going out there totally motivated trying to prove Hitchcock wrong, he just can't do it yet. Very one-dimensional player. Maybe he'll figure that part out. I hope it's somewhere else.

I don't think he'd be particularly effective on the Sharks (or particularly ineffective), but his numbers would rebound if you put him on run and gun teams like Toronto or Edmonton.

I can understand having little to no interest in Stewart considering the year he just had. Any deal with the Blues has to not create another hole or it's pointless. Frankly, I'd much rather have Garrison without giving up any assets than Vlasic, but I do like Vlasic.

I don't think there's much we'd give up that fits the bill. (One of Cole/Russell) + D'Agostini + 2d is reasonable value but nobody ever jumps at quantity for quality.
I do get where your coming from, but the idea would be more like Russel for Clowe, Vlasic for Perron/Oshie/Berglund, and frankly, I think that's better for STL. A bottom pairing defenseman for a top-6 forward, and a better top-6/3 forward for a top-2 defenseman.

Lazy isn't the word I'd put with Stewart, because I hate stereotypes. I'd say it was stubborn. Unwilling to changes his game to fit a team's system. And that's not what we need right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Would Matt read and a 2nd intrest the sharks?

Or would it be Voracek and above ?
I would definitely be interested in something around Vlasic and Voracek.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I wouldn't want to give up Voracek, just curious as to the value that Vlasic owns. Voracek is a perfect fit for the flyers right now. I can't see him going anywhere in the immediate future

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Stewart
Russell
3rd

Vlasic
Stewart's value on the Sharks would be much higher than what he has with the Blues. Russell isn't great, but has decent speed. I might be in the minority, but I'd probably accept it.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Miller Time

if he were on the market, I'd hope the new habs management would make an offer...

Vlasic would be a great fit in our top-4, paired with either Subban or Markov.

something like

To SJ
Diaz
Nsh 2nd

To Mtl
Vlasic

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
if he were on the market, I'd hope the new habs management would make an offer...

something like

To SJ
Diaz
Nsh 2nd

To Mtl
Vlasic

Terrible for SJ.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:

something like

To SJ
Diaz
Nsh 2nd

To Mtl
Vlasic
Awful. Awful, awful, awful.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
I do get where your coming from, but the idea would be more like Russel for Clowe, Vlasic for Perron/Oshie/Berglund, and frankly, I think that's better for STL. A bottom pairing defenseman for a top-6 forward, and a better top-6/3 forward for a top-2 defenseman.

Lazy isn't the word I'd put with Stewart, because I hate stereotypes. I'd say it was stubborn. Unwilling to changes his game to fit a team's system. And that's not what we need right now.
I don't know that I would say Stewart is stubborn. I think he is trying to change his game, he just doesn't know how. He didn't have a normal development path, and due to his size and raw talent, never properly developed. He simply doesn't know how to play in a bunch of different systems. What he is supposed to due isn't second nature yet, and at the NHL he doesn't have the time to figure it out.

Now, I'm not suggesting that he would be a fit in San Jose, I am not familiar enough with the situation there. But I don't think lazy or stubborn are quite accurate when describing Stewart. Stupid maybe? Kinda harsh, but I think that its closer than lazy or stubborn. Uneducated (pertaining to hockey systems) might be a bit better nicer.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I don't know that I would say Stewart is stubborn. I think he is trying to change his game, he just doesn't know how. He didn't have a normal development path, and due to his size and raw talent, never properly developed. He simply doesn't know how to play in a bunch of different systems. What he is supposed to due isn't second nature yet, and at the NHL he doesn't have the time to figure it out.

Now, I'm not suggesting that he would be a fit in San Jose, I am not familiar enough with the situation there. But I don't think lazy or stubborn are quite accurate when describing Stewart. Stupid maybe? Kinda harsh, but I think that its closer than lazy or stubborn. Uneducated (pertaining to hockey systems) might be a bit better nicer.
Do you think he has the potential to buy in to the Blues system? Or is it better to cut your losses and trade him while he has decent value?

Old
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:

something like

To SJ
Diaz
Nsh 2nd

To Mtl
Vlasic
Umm...no. I'd do Vlasic for Subban + 2nd (maybe)

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Do you think he has the potential to buy in to the Blues system? Or is it better to cut your losses and trade him while he has decent value?
I think he has the potential to buy in. Ever since he got demoted to the third line he seems to have found a mentor in Jason Arnott.

The main reasons that many Blues fans don't see Stewart on the roster next season are the the Blues have an internal salary cap, and his QO would be quite expensive, AND the possibility of Tarasenko coming over next season. The thought is that Tarasenko could replace Stewart for a fraction of the cost, allowing the Blues to spend what little money they have else where.

Another thing about Stewart is being on the third line he is lacking a quality playmaker. In the playoffs he is playing on a line with Arnott and Sobotka. Personally I think Ottawa would be the ideal place for Stewart with Spezza and Karlsson feeding him pucks in their wide open system.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
That's a better proposal that the one you're responding to, but that's not saying much.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
That's a better proposal that the one you're responding to, but that's not saying much.
Agreed.

Old
04-28-2012, 04:26 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
I wouldn't, just because we already have Burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I think he has the potential to buy in. Ever since he got demoted to the third line he seems to have found a mentor in Jason Arnott.

The main reasons that many Blues fans don't see Stewart on the roster next season are the the Blues have an internal salary cap, and his QO would be quite expensive, AND the possibility of Tarasenko coming over next season. The thought is that Tarasenko could replace Stewart for a fraction of the cost, allowing the Blues to spend what little money they have else where.

Another thing about Stewart is being on the third line he is lacking a quality playmaker. In the playoffs he is playing on a line with Arnott and Sobotka. Personally I think Ottawa would be the ideal place for Stewart with Spezza and Karlsson feeding him pucks in their wide open system.
Okay. Thanks for that.

Old
04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
StalockSuperfan

The problem with trading Vlasic is that he only has one year left on his deal, and the return would reflect that. If the team buying him was smart they would only count on having Vlasic for one year, and pay accordingly. I just can't see the Sharks getting good value for him.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
BigDmitriy

Quote:
I wouldn't, just because we already have Burns.
I probably wouldn't either unless we trade Boyle. I was just trying to get the value a little closer to realistic lol...

Old
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
I probably wouldn't either unless we trade Boyle. I was just trying to get the value a little closer to realistic lol...
It is closer to value, but neither team would do it because we already have Burns and they already have Gorges.