HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Kate Murray:"...with the Rangers, it's exciting"

Old
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Kate Murray:"...with the Rangers, it's exciting"

full quote: "These are low days for the #NHL," Murray said, adding that "with the #Rangers, it's exciting."
saw this series of quotes from the pig herself posted on IM via the twitter account of patrick whittle(newsday's LI reporter) https://twitter.com/#!/pxwhittle. guess she's finally shown her true colors...

Last edited by Homeland Security: 04-30-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added prefix.
thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

vCash: 500
Harris Peskin ‏ @hmp7701
@pxwhittle isles paid a territorial fee to the Rangers in 72 they cant legally restrict anything.
Retweeted by Patrick Whittle
In reply to Patrick Whittle

3h Patrick Whittle ‏ @pxwhittle
One final paraphrased note: Murray questioned what #Rangers response would be if #Isles tried to make Brooklyn permanent home.

4h Patrick Whittle ‏ @pxwhittle
I have learned my lesson, folks - future Islanders tweets will be hashtagged #Isles. Thanks for the enthusiasm.

5h Patrick Whittle ‏ @pxwhittle
So, not a lot of new news since the referendum went down. But Murray/Hempstead clearly still a huge player in #Islanders future.

"Nassau County has the prerogative to create the vision. We have our prerogative as zone-okayers." #Islanders

"We specifically don't want to impose a vision. We want good commerce that we can sustain." #Islanders

"We're willing and able to segregate it out." #Islanders

"We don't make it a dead requirement that Nassau Coliseum be demolished or refurbished." #Islanders

"These are low days for the #NHL," Murray said, adding that "with the #Rangers, it's exciting." #Islanders

"We want the visionaries, the landowners, Nassau County, to have as much flexibility as they seek a developer." #Islanders

"Because this was such a jewel in the crown property ... we created a zone that is sustainable from an economic standpoint." #Islanders.

"Our work has been completed. We adopted our zone for the Coliseum area." #Islanders.

What follows is a string of quotes from Murray about the #Islanders, for those interested in the town's role going forward.
https://twitter.com/#!/pxwhittle/sta...07587735539712

Had a nice conversation with #Hempstead supervisor Kate Murray this morning. We talked about the #Islanders and tons of other stuff.

04-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Steve55

The Isles should move to Brooklyn this September. Neither Nassau County nor TOH is willing to negotiate with the Isles in good faith.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:49 AM
StrongIslanders90

I really hope Wang is consedering Queens and hes just not saying anything to the media. Anyway My Hate towards Kate Murray is way beyond the Islanders now, this women is to crooked its not even funny. You people should look into the Hempstead Animal Shelter situation. The Islanders are just one of many things wrong with Pig Murray.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Renbarg

Quote:
"These are low days for the #NHL," Murray said, adding that "with the #Rangers, it's exciting."
Looks like somebody polled for the amount of pro-Ranger feelings in the Hempstead area.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:37 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
The Isles should move to Brooklyn this September. Neither Nassau County nor TOH is willing to negotiate with the Isles in good faith.
Wang can make an agreement to move to Brooklyn in 2015,but he is legally locked into that Coliseum lease until 2015.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Wang can make an agreement to move to Brooklyn in 2015,but he is legally locked into that Coliseum lease until 2015.
NOT if the Coliseum gets condemned or the Isles and Nassau agree to break the lease. But I understand what you're saying.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Does anyone know if the current lease has a buyout option? If it does Wang can tell Nassau to screw off sooner so long as he is willing to pay.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I really hope Wang is consedering Queens and hes just not saying anything to the media. Anyway My Hate towards Kate Murray is way beyond the Islanders now, this women is to crooked its not even funny. You people should look into the Hempstead Animal Shelter situation. The Islanders are just one of many things wrong with Pig Murray.
Apparently the Isles are having discussions with Queens council members

http://www.islandermania.com/index.p...post&p=1254739

Guys, don't take this as a signal that anything is going to happen, just that the Islanders are interested. All I know is that they discussed having an arena either in the Citi Field lot, or Flushing Meadow Park, over by the tennis complex. They also discussed, and this is the first I have heard of this, the old Flushing airport grounds in Whitestone, ..

Anyway, nothing in detail has happened, or is scheduled to happen, mutual interest has simply been exchanged between the NYI and Queens. They are not even remotely close to discussing things such as financing, lease agreements, ownership, or partners...

these discussions haven't just started, they have been "off and on" for a while. The interest between the two sides has been known since before the referendum.

My guess is after the Wilpons are officially through their Madoff mess, Isles negotiation to Queens may take off. The Wilpons will get a chance to officially leave the madoff mess behind on May 15.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...ers-with-court

The trustee trying to recover funds on behalf of victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme filed his final paperwork Friday in U.S. District court related to the settlement of the lawsuit.

Essentially, Fred Wilpon and family agreed to repay $162 million in profits made in the six years before Madoff's arrest from certain funds. However, that amount will be reduced by money the Wilpons lost from other funds. The Wilpons will put in a claim for $178 million in losses, and should get a sizable percentage back from Picard like any other victim.

The settlement should be approved May 15.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Apparently the Isles are having discussions with Queens council members

http://www.islandermania.com/index.p...post&p=1254739

Guys, don't take this as a signal that anything is going to happen, just that the Islanders are interested. All I know is that they discussed having an arena either in the Citi Field lot, or Flushing Meadow Park, over by the tennis complex. They also discussed, and this is the first I have heard of this, the old Flushing airport grounds in Whitestone, ..

Anyway, nothing in detail has happened, or is scheduled to happen, mutual interest has simply been exchanged between the NYI and Queens. They are not even remotely close to discussing things such as financing, lease agreements, ownership, or partners...

these discussions haven't just started, they have been "off and on" for a while. The interest between the two sides has been known since before the referendum.

My guess is after the Wilpons are officially through their Madoff mess, Isles negotiation to Queens may take off. The Wilpons will get a chance to officially leave the madoff mess behind on May 15.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...ers-with-court

The trustee trying to recover funds on behalf of victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme filed his final paperwork Friday in U.S. District court related to the settlement of the lawsuit.

Essentially, Fred Wilpon and family agreed to repay $162 million in profits made in the six years before Madoff's arrest from certain funds. However, that amount will be reduced by money the Wilpons lost from other funds. The Wilpons will put in a claim for $178 million in losses, and should get a sizable percentage back from Picard like any other victim.

The settlement should be approved May 15.
Is this not old news? when was this reported?

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Is this not old news? when was this reported?
the latter is old news, and doesn't really mean much right now. the former is only speculation/hearsay.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:56 PM
RealSturat

This absolutely disgusts me and it seems like they are just trying to save face. But does it matter? She does enough to win re-election each time. So since the Rangers are so exciting and the Devils are in round 2, (as I watch them ready to puke winning game 1-rags that is) it just seems to me that it pushes the Islanders further and further into obscurity in Hempstead and Nassau.

This tell me that they either need a move to Queens or Brooklyn to generate any type of interest or out of state to a new area. Just seems obvious ToH does not care and the county can't do anything to stop it.

If the Rag$ manage to win the cup this season, it will make the situation even worse. Since the Rags on cup in 94 was enough to erase the entire dynasty, another will just wipe out this franchise.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSturat View Post
This absolutely disgusts me and it seems like they are just trying to save face. But does it matter? She does enough to win re-election each time. So since the Rangers are so exciting and the Devils are in round 2, (as I watch them ready to puke winning game 1-rags that is) it just seems to me that it pushes the Islanders further and further into obscurity in Hempstead and Nassau.

This tell me that they either need a move to Queens or Brooklyn to generate any type of interest or out of state to a new area. Just seems obvious ToH does not care and the county can't do anything to stop it.

If the Rag$ manage to win the cup this season, it will make the situation even worse. Since the Rags on cup in 94 was enough to erase the entire dynasty, another will just wipe out this franchise.
If the Rangers win the Stanley Cup it will be great for the NHL and Hockey in the US as it was in 1994. Sadly the lockout ruined any further momentum that it created.

I am rooting against them because I am an Islander fan but if they play tough and win the whole thing then I will congratulate all my Ranger friends. As for the Islanders, if the Rangers win then we can hope Wang notices all the attention they get and maybe spends some money this off season. Though I highly doubt it

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Isles75

So everyone is blaming Kate Murray and TOH for the Islanders being 0% watchable like 75% of the time? Blaming Kate Murray and the TOH for the islanders being completely irrelevant and non-existent in the New York sports scene? Blaming Kate Murray and the TOH for the islanders horribly poor coaching, bad developed draft talent, washed up DOA UFA veteran additions and not a hope of competing any time soon? Charlie Wang and Garth Snow have nothing to do with the Islanders being completely irrelevant and non-existent in the New York sports scene?

Kate Murray and the TOH have a good amount to atone for, but the Islanders being an afterthought isn't one of them.

Isles75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles75 View Post
So everyone is blaming Kate Murray and TOH for the Islanders being 0% watchable like 75% of the time? Blaming Kate Murray and the TOH for the islanders being completely irrelevant and non-existent in the New York sports scene? Blaming Kate Murray and the TOH for the islanders horribly poor coaching, bad developed draft talent, washed up DOA UFA veteran additions and not a hope of competing any time soon? Charlie Wang and Garth Snow have nothing to do with the Islanders being completely irrelevant and non-existent in the New York sports scene?

Kate Murray and the TOH have a good amount to atone for, but the Islanders being an afterthought isn't one of them.
Wang is the only person with the ability to save the Islanders. Get off the cap floor. Move the team to Brooklyn or Queens. Build an arena in Uniondale. Sell the team to someone who gives a dam.

Sitting on the lease and hoping something happens only pushes the team into the abyss. But that seems to be the plan. "F" the team and it's fans for Wang this is about retaining control of the lease until he is shown the door or extends this crappy situation in the hopes that something happens in 2020 or 2025 or 2030 or 3000

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Isles75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Wang is the only person with the ability to save the Islanders. Get off the cap floor. Move the team to Brooklyn or Queens. Build an arena in Uniondale. Sell the team to someone who gives a dam.

Sitting on the lease and hoping something happens only pushes the team into the abyss. But that seems to be the plan. "F" the team and it's fans for Wang this is about retaining control of the lease until he is shown the door or extends this crappy situation in the hopes that something happens in 2020 or 2025 or 2030 or 3000
Charlie having the motivation to actually spend to the Cap floor in real dollars would be an improvement. With bonuses never reached and the like, etc. we spend a lot UNDER the Cap floor.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
The first place Rangers are more exciting than the laughing stock Islanders?

Shocking.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles75 View Post

Would Snow have made the right signings and trades, if he had been given the greenlight to spend the last few seasons?I've no idea.

But ,Murray and the nimby crowd killing the arena proeject,are to blame for Wang closing his wallet.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Isles75

Quote:
Would Snow have made the right signings and trades, if he had been given the greenlight to spend the last few seasons?I've no idea.

But ,Murray and the nimby crowd killing the arena proeject,are to blame for Wang closing his wallet.
Charlie closed his wallet a long time ago. Way before his Lighthouse ever got to the TOH board reviews about the zoning. The only thing that he opened it up for was his Meet me at the Lighthouse campaign or anything tied to developing the 77 acres. He Certainly stopped spending on the team a long time ago. He has always been floating around the Cap floor and mostly under.

Last edited by Isles75: 04-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
potvins4cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Wang is the only person with the ability Build an arena in Uniondale.
This is just amazing. absolutely amazing how people continue to bang the nassau drum even after murray has publicly come out not once, not twice but quite a few times and said they have other plans for the area. i don't know what else needs to be said in order for some people to wake up and realize the islanders in nassau county are dead!!!

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
the latter is old news, and doesn't really mean much right now. the former is only speculation/hearsay.
Given the Isles cross promotions with the Mets on top of Wang looking at several New York metro options, I would say the Isles ARE looking into Queens. Chances are they won't get spat on like Kate Murray did to them.

Last edited by Steve55: 04-28-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
okie21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Does anyone know if the current lease has a buyout option? If it does Wang can tell Nassau to screw off sooner so long as he is willing to pay.
This is what I was wondering about. In the NBA the Seattle Sonics had a lease that ran through 2010, but reached an agrement to move to OKC for the 2008-09 season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3471503

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Bert Marshall days

When NYI move to Brooklyn or Queens where they belong I'm going to send Kate a Thank You note.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:28 AM
LotteryForLife

Quote:
Brooklyn is not a viable long term solution. Not sure why this continues to come up?

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:30 AM
LotteryForLife

Kate Murray probably lays her eggs on top of the Coliseum and doesn't want it replaced for that reason

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote