HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Broke Down, Picked up A Bauer Vapor APX Stick!

Old
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Saucy Dangles

vCash: 500
Broke Down, Picked up A Bauer Vapor APX Stick!

So I finally broke down and picked up a new Twig. Decided to roll with a Vapor APX stick. Was looking @ the Warrior Widow, but in the end I just couldn't bare to risk some of the personal issues I've had in past with Warrior sticks as well as what others have insighted me about the Widow and the D-Lite Blade.

Now on to the real interesting part of the purchase, I went with a P08 Ovechkin. Its been along time since I've used any pattern with a curve (been a Drury & P91A Stall for @ least 10 years & thru JR's). I really wanted to try something new, something with a bit more Toe, and an aggressive loft (something that will really allow me to put it where momma hides the peanut butter quickly!). I also wanted something with a tad more lie (Going from a lie 6 to 5 so I can use a longer stick and keep the puck a tad further out in front of me) and instead of an 87 Flex I went with a PRO 95 Flex (not cutting it) for a bit stiffer feel. I'm coming from an x60 LE in 87 Flex and loved it, but after about 2 months of using it, it started to loose that pop it had when I first bought it (started to noodle on me).

Anyone using this stick, in this pattern (or just using this pattern) in this FLEX profile? Looking to see what others think of it. I figure its going to be a bit of an adjustment, but once I play with it a bit, I bet this pattern will be easy for me to spread sauce all over the rink with that wicked toe curve, and quick clappers and wristers will have a bit more velocity on them because of the mid/toe curve.

Any and all Feedback welcome!

Saucy Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Saucy Dangles

60 views, no replies or thoughts. Guess this stick and the P08 pattern must not be that popular. Maybe I should have bought a Mission Hockey stick...

Old
04-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Devil Dancer

It seems to me that the Supreme line is much more popular than the Vapor line around here, which might explain the lack of responses so far. Plus you're asking about a very specific stick, with a specific, and I think slightly rare, flex and curve.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Saucy Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
It seems to me that the Supreme line is much more popular than the Vapor line around here, which might explain the lack of responses so far. Plus you're asking about a very specific stick, with a specific, and I think slightly rare, flex and curve.
Eh, maybe I should have been less specific. I was really just wondering who uses this pattern, and are they enjoying it, or did they find it difficult to adjust to? I know what to expect to a degree from the Vapor series sticks (low & multiple kick points) as It is not my first. Loved my X60 LE and this is why I decided to go with the APX over a Total One. I have shot a Total One and like the power I get when shooting it especially when taking clappers, but the Vapor series really caught me & locked me in, because I can get a lot of power from very little movement when shooting the puck. I really like how quick of a release it produces, as well as how responsive the stick is in just about any hand (bottom) position on the stick.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
michaelshu

Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
my APX is a little over 2 months old, but flex is still consistent. I'm using int. 67 flex cut down to 72ish.. but i'm using a P92..

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Post a pic of the curve

I've thought about the P08. Sounds pretty cool. But I'd have to special order it and pay full retail price. And I think it'd be too much loft for me.

Next stick will be an APX Griptac 67 flex P92 probably.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Saucy Dangles

Not the prettiest pictures, but here ya go!

Old
04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Saucy Dangles

Alright, so I finally got an opp to shoot around with the new pattern and stick, and it def. is going to take some getting use to. I love that it has a toe curve which allows me to quickly pull the puck into my feet as well as cup the puck on my forehand when shooting or even making a tight turn. But, with that said this pattern is def for those who love to go top shelf, bar down all day. You really have to control your follow through or you'll be putting the puck through the uprights all skate long. My snap shot has suffered a tad too because of the aggressive curve, but my wrister is wicked now (lots of spin on the puck) as well as being able to throw sauce with little effort (low or high far or just a simple chip). Its going to take some getting use to, but I kinda of dig it, and its def. something new for me which is kinda of nice.