HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Sun Says Trade Kesler

Old
04-28-2012, 06:48 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

vCash: 500
It would be similar to acquiring most Habs players... it would take a few years alone to get the diving out if his game.

The guy is over-rated. Let someone else get stuck with this choke artist.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:15 AM
DionPhaneuf3

Kesler is a bust...guys completely over rated and he plays a cheap and p**** game. Not what i want here. Constantly cries and whines over calls. Dives 24/7, basically has a losers mentality, not what i want on the leafs. He may be able to score and put up decent numbers, but i don't want his culture/mentality in this locker room. Have no respect for players who play like he does

DionPhaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:15 AM
htpwn

If Burke is convinced that Kesler is willing to change his ways, I'd acquire him in a millisecond. As it stands though, I agree with everyone else, I don't want his whining and antics anywhere near this team.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:28 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Diving can be ended with one conversation with the player and if necessary one re-inforcement by the team. It's either tolerated or it isn't.

P.S. Two of my favourite Leafs of all time were divers: Borje Salming and Darcy Tucker (yes, he took a lot of punishment but he also embellished falls too). And another favourite of mine, Kaberle, took a few dives over the years. I'd hardly dismiss a player because he tries to get an edge on the ice.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
The Nic

It's gonna be an awesome summer in Vancouver!

The Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
Diving can be ended with one conversation with the player and if necessary one re-inforcement by the team. It's either tolerated or it isn't.

P.S. Two of my favourite Leafs of all time were divers: Borje Salming and Darcy Tucker (yes, he took a lot of punishment but he also embellished falls too). And another favourite of mine, Kaberle, took a few dives over the years. I'd hardly dismiss a player because he tries to get an edge on the ice.

Gotta laugh at the suggestion that Kesler is a bad fit because of a little gamesmanship. If the biggest knock on a youngish 2 way centre, who is one of the best in the game is that he likes to embellish, I'll take two, and look the other way as need arises.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:11 PM
stamkos

We do not need their crap!

stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Stephen

He seems like a crybaby and might be a bit broken down relative to his age. If the Canucks did entertain thoughts of trading him, you know there's some damaged goods there.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:20 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

bozak for kesler straight up.

kesler is damaged goods as far as i'm concerned. bozak has a lot of hockey ahead of him. he scored 18 goals and he's an ideal 2nd line center with a responsible defense first attitude.

if kesler can recover from his injuries we'll benefit from the risky move. bozak will never be a number 1 center, so all we lost is a (ceiling) 2nd line center.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:54 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post

kesler is damaged goods as far as i'm concerned. bozak has a lot of hockey ahead of him. he scored 18 goals and he's an ideal 2nd line center with a responsible defense first attitude.

if kesler can recover from his injuries we'll benefit from the risky move. bozak will never be a number 1 center, so all we lost is a (ceiling) 2nd line center.

Kesler has been underwhelming this season, but seriously?

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:57 PM
bshaw

oh ma gawd, i would turn that man away in a heartbeat.. can not stand him..he dives..he takes cheapshots..i dont want someone like that on my team even if it means we get better..cant stand watching him play

bshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:01 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulie View Post

Kesler has been underwhelming this season, but seriously?

Kesler had only 22 goals last season and 49 points. what are we supposed to offer for the risk of taking on an injured center who's game is diminishing?

Old
04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Gotta laugh at the suggestion that Kesler is a bad fit because of a little gamesmanship. If the biggest knock on a youngish 2 way centre, who is one of the best in the game is that he likes to embellish, I'll take two, and look the other way as need arises.
Wow...exaggerate much?

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Quote:

Kessler had only 22 goals last season and 49 points. what are we supposed to offer for the risk of taking on an injured center who's game is diminishing?
There's this thing called reputation. You don't trade one of the game's best 2 way forwards with a Selke to his name for a player's who's career high is 47 points. I hate Kesler as much as the next guy, but the fact that you think Bozak still has boatloads of potential and is a justifiable in a swap for him is downright stupid.

Oh and Kesler's missed 7 games in the regular season in the last 5 seasons, keep talking out of your ass

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Wow...exaggerate much?
Read back a few words...

He probably phrased it poorly, but I believe he was trying to say Kesler is one of the best young, two-way centres in the league. Which he is.

That being said, I never want to see him in a Leafs jersey.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:12 PM
hishyB

Kesler does have a lot of heart for an american

No but I remember watching the cup final last year and in game 7 I coulda sworn that he was the only player who was legitametly concerned that they would lose in a game 7 or he was the only one who showed it, either way he wears his heart on his sleeve and probably is one of the more important guys in the locker room. The leafs could sure use a guy like that.

hishyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:55 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulie View Post
There's this thing called reputation. You don't trade one of the game's best 2 way forwards with a Selke to his name for a player's who's career high is 47 points. I hate Kesler as much as the next guy, but the fact that you think Bozak still has boatloads of potential and is a justifiable in a swap for him is downright stupid.

Oh and Kesler's missed 7 games in the regular season in the last 5 seasons, keep talking out of your ass
flat foot,

why would we even be here talking about a trade with Van. for Kesler?

if he's worth that much to the team then why would they deal him?

i'm not inflating Bozak. his ceiling is a 2nd line center. why does that seem like a stretch? he can play on any team's 3rd line right now. with experience and a refining of his skills he could make the 2nd line C position.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
birddog*

This is like Damian Cox saying trade Phaneuf. You actually think it's going to happen?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Lol, calm down guys. Kesler isn't going anywhere. The Sun is a terrible newspaper and has absolutely no influence on Mike Gillis, obviously. I believe they even spelled Kesler's name wrong in that article.

Also, I had to laugh at some of you not wanting Kesler on the Leafs. It must be comfortable on those high horses of yours to not care about making the playoffs

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:35 PM
pspot

Kesler is as much of a diver as Kadri is.

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
I wouldnt't want him. Injury problems that I think are serious. I believe he will be getting shoulder surgery this summer. And also had issues last year during the playoffs.

No thanks
This needs to be repeated

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He seems like a crybaby and might be a bit broken down relative to his age. If the Canucks did entertain thoughts of trading him, you know there's some damaged goods there.
& this

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:10 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:

If Kesler were actually on the block any injury would be a critical bit of due diligence to clarify. Burkes appetite for risk has to be pretty low with the scarcity of other options. 2 years ago RK was a Selke guy and Bozak had 32 points. Bozak has shown he can get 50 pts with two 80 pt wingers. Kesler has never had better than a 53 point winger. If you are making a deal in a vacuum where you don't know what his medical status is, the return reduces dramatically, but assuming you expect the guy to play as before, he and Boz are on two different tiers of value and Bozak as the core would not register any interest The Canucks want to improve their club and as with a Nash trade, you will have to pay to play. I don't know if there would be any hope of such a deal w/o the #5.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Shane Churla
Rookie User

Not happenin but lets say for the sake of imagining a trade were to happen it would cost the leafs biiiiiig time

Think something like

Kesler
Raymond

Kessel
Lupul
Gunnarson
2nd 2013

Shane Churla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Churla View Post
Not happenin but lets say for the sake of imagining a trade were to happen it would cost the leafs biiiiiig time

Think something like

Kesler
Raymond

Kessel
Lupul
Gunnarson
2nd 2013
So, two top-ten scorers in the NHL (before Lupul went down), a rock-solid top-4 defenceman and a 2nd round pick for a two-way centerman who just suffered a 24-point drop in production and a third-line tweener with speed. Sounds fair. (See: Not.)

If you want to get technical about Lupul being a top-10 scorer, he and Kessel were two of only eight players to finish the season as point-per-game players (minimum 60 games played).

This coming from the same poster who wanted Gardiner or our #5 overall pick for Luongo. Get a grip.

Last edited by Duke Silver: 04-29-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote