HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Sudbury announces official newspaper (marketing partnership)

Old
09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
OHL Sudbury announces official newspaper (marketing partnership)

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article...cial-newspaper

"Wolves pleased to announce new Exclusive Media Partnership with Laurentian Publishing and Northern Life newspaper."

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Kitsune

hmm so they went with the locally owned but only publishes 3 days a week vs the nationally owned daily paper. Its a win for the Northern Life .. and the Wolves are the only game in town so everyone knows who they are. Here is another link that actually works:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/loca...l-sudbury.aspx

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
howlman

Burgess is a clown.. Take a guess why this happened.. I'll give Wolves fans a first clue:

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2013/0...-headed-to-ahl

This story was front page for the Sudbury Star.. Burgess didn't want this story getting out and took it personally.

Last edited by howlman: 09-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
howlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Section19

A comment posted by a user on the Star's site:

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2013/0...de-with-otters

Quote:
Wolves signed a partnership with another local newspaper today because (and I quote) it " has made a commitment to profile our players and our organization in a
positive light, and on a regular basis throughout the season".

How has the Sudbury Star NOT met any of those requirements? The only article that had shined anything close to a negative light on the organization was when Trent Cull left the organization. The Sudbury Star also would let fans comment on articles as long as they weren't personal attacks. Personal attacks were removed as they should be. I commented on the article on the other newspapers' site regarding this announcement and mock the agreement by saying that the newspaper had agreed to delete all negative comments. Within 15 minutes, the comment was deleted and all comment threads from that article and other recent Wolves articles were closed. The Wolves are working hard to make sure nothing negative is being posted by them. Maybe they should spend more time fixing issues with the club or issues that are making fans unhappy instead of using all of this effort to censor the media and what fans are posting online.
Fans aren't happy. I've heard many people say that season tickets number are down despite the fact the team is supposed to be a contender in the East. People are simply tired of the Burgess gong show which has been going on for years.

Section19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:36 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Love the comments on the Cull article
Hope Burgess keeps his head up this year....

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Glassnout

Bruce Heidman and Ben Leeson have done a phenomenal job and have even deflected comments on the young burgess kid. During their game time blogs, they often defend the situation and in my opinion have done nothing but try to shed a positive light on the situation.

And the first article I read has a grammar mistake in the title....comon now.

Last edited by Glassnout: 09-09-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Glassnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Section19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayfan View Post
Bruce Heidman and Ben Leeson have done a phenomenal job and have even deflected comments on the young burgess kid. During their game time blogs, they often defend the situation and in my opinion have done nothing but try to shed a positive light on the situation.
Indeed the Star staff have done a phenomenal job deflecting comments and putting a positive spin on all things regarding Wolves. I know plenty of fans who are/were upset that they deflect them. However, my understanding is that the Wolves aren't shy from revoking access to their personnel and/or players if the media doesn't play within their rules.

As for the Star and the Wolves, apparently Burgess had issues with the negative comments that were being posted on the Sudbury Star and the fact that the Star would not deleting them.

Old
09-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Sudburysaturdaynight

Northern Life

Well I have just heard that the wolves are in contact with a local reporter.The rules are that every article has to be positive,and they have to write a feel good story about the Burgess family. I like every non-dilllusional fan in Sudbury cannot wait until this egomaniac sells this team to hockey people.This has gone on for to long it is just Burgie and his possie of yes men.Ask yourself when is the last time you have heard someone say a good word about Mark Burgess!!

Sudburysaturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Section19

The Sault Star takes a shot at the Wolves "marketing partnership".

http://www.saultstar.com/2013/09/12/...-ruicci-column