HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
  #501
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 23,861
vCash: 50
I know its normal to hide what a teams wants to do in preseason, but then if he is not going to run anything close to what the offense will be, why even have him out there risking injury?

My gut feeling is that the whispers we will cater our offense to a rookie before his first game is even played just doesn't sound like the Shanny style. They sure didn't seem to cater to McNubb.

I hope we do cater to his strengths but I think I need to see it to believe it. I just dont want the offense to evolve to him improvising every play because the line sucks, the play calls not a good fit for what is a young offense.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
  #502
Duke33
Registered User
 
Duke33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
What a great secondary, defensive line, offensive line, and running backs we have. He's only had 3 years. Can't blame him that half our units are still so bad that some college teams have better personnel at those spots.

Not like anyone has ever built a team in 3 years. Impossible.

And if he got fired after this year, whoever replaced him would have a lot less cap space to work with than every other team.

Absolute wonders.

Depth? DEPTH?!?! At what ****ing position?

Holeeeeeee ****.
Yeah I'm in your line of thinking, that's no surprise. I said a lot of this last season. I never saw the depth or talent or improvement some people saw. If anything they seemed worse. The Shanny boys had the famous line where they staked their reps on the Rex/Beck QB combo working out and that was a laugh. The defense started out ok but then got worse as the year went on. That Minnesota game was humiliating.

They still have gaping holes across the board. You look at teams like Detroit & SF that were awful and turned themselves around pretty much overnight and wonder why the Redskins can't do the same. I've never been a fan of the Shannys, that's again no surprise. Seems like the game has passed Mike by with the lack of success over the last 14 years.

Duke33 is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
  #503
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...55857649164288
Quote:
With Saints winning appeal, suspensions are voided as Roger Goodell doesn't have jurisdiction and Stephen Burbank does.
So the Saints players...which would have been suspended defensively against the Redskins...will now be able to play. Players like Vilma and some other guys. This is ridiculous. No punishment at all for transgressors.

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
  #504
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...55857649164288


So the Saints players...which would have been suspended defensively against the Redskins...will now be able to play. Players like Vilma and some other guys. This is ridiculous. No punishment at all for transgressors.
NFL rules are a joke. Fine the skins 18m in cap space for a rule they didnt break then let the bounty gate players for the saints play.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  #505
sillygoose
Registered User
 
sillygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...55857649164288


So the Saints players...which would have been suspended defensively against the Redskins...will now be able to play. Players like Vilma and some other guys. This is ridiculous. No punishment at all for transgressors.
Apparently judges require evidence to suspend players for a year. LUDICROUS.

sillygoose is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
  #506
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
Apparently judges require evidence to suspend players for a year. LUDICROUS.
There was evidence Are you saying a bounty system was not going on in New Orleans?

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
  #507
sillygoose
Registered User
 
sillygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
There was evidence Are you saying a bounty system was not going on in New Orleans?
Where is the evidence, and I'll go on the record and say the Saints did nothing different then every other locker room. You're more then welcome to disagree, though Carlos Rodgers, Antonio Pierce, and Jim Brown have all come out and said this has happened in every locker room they've played in. But again, there is no evidence the NFL has shown, you're more then welcome to post some. And a handwritten note that has Vitt down for 5k on Favre that the NFL says isn't accurate is beyond circumstantial evidence, and that's the only "evidence" the NFL has provided against the players.

sillygoose is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
  #508
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
You're kidding yourself if you think the Saints did nothing different from any locker room.

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
  #509
sillygoose
Registered User
 
sillygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
You're kidding yourself if you think the Saints did nothing different from any locker room.
What do you think the Saints did?

sillygoose is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 10:56 PM
  #510
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
What a great secondary, defensive line, offensive line, and running backs we have. He's only had 3 years. Can't blame him that half our units are still so bad that some college teams have better personnel at those spots.

Not like anyone has ever built a team in 3 years. Impossible.

And if he got fired after this year, whoever replaced him would have a lot less cap space to work with than every other team.

Absolute wonders.

Depth? DEPTH?!?! At what ****ing position?

Holeeeeeee ****.
Now I am beginning to understand why some of you so called hockey experts shun and shout down knuckleheads like me who know nothing of hockey.

Stick to hockey, you appear to know more about that sport.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
  #511
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I know its normal to hide what a teams wants to do in preseason, but then if he is not going to run anything close to what the offense will be, why even have him out there risking injury?

My gut feeling is that the whispers we will cater our offense to a rookie before his first game is even played just doesn't sound like the Shanny style. They sure didn't seem to cater to McNubb.

I hope we do cater to his strengths but I think I need to see it to believe it. I just dont want the offense to evolve to him improvising every play because the line sucks, the play calls not a good fit for what is a young offense.
My opinion is they didn't cater to McNabb because they learned shortly after his arrival that he was a worn down Vet with a big head who thought he knew it all and could coast on his name. McNabb's stint in Minny seems to back that up.

I to am in the see it to believe it phase, but I also can't see it any other way. Griffin has been built up into the Savior of the Skins franchise. Everything possible needs to be done to ensure he survives.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 06:56 AM
  #512
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
At this stage, my measuring stick is team competitiveness. Their ability to execute plays, on offense and defense. I'm happy as long as the team doesn't embarrass itself.
I was angered by the team's lack of heart during most of last season. They gave up to Buffalo, and Philly twice. The Jets game was a 4th quarter implosion. They didn't show up against Miami...again, the roster excuse is valid, but at least show up for games instead of getting blown out.

I think we'll see the Redskins get blown out less this year, hopefully they will show more heart.

Quote:
They still have gaping holes across the board. You look at teams like Detroit & SF that were awful and turned themselves around pretty much overnight and wonder why the Redskins can't do the same. I've never been a fan of the Shannys, that's again no surprise. Seems like the game has passed Mike by with the lack of success over the last 14 years.
Detroit was eventual but SF was overnight. The point was, those teams eventually succeeded. Detroit was able to get past Millen's horrible drafting and eventually turn things around, so hopefully the Redskins can do the same in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
What do you think the Saints did?
It's well documented that they had a bounty system which encouraged players to hit other players with intent to injure. This is not common procedure in the NFL.


Last edited by Francesa: 09-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Francesa is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
  #513
Capitlols
Blow it up
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,039
vCash: 500
Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
#Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday.

Good.

Capitlols is online now  
Old
09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
  #514
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
#Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday.

Good.
Just heard on 980 that Sexy Rexy is inactive today.

Even better.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  #515
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
Good for Morris, although you know Shanahan loves those RB carousels

Probably isn't smart to sign any of those RB's on a fantasy team

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:04 PM
  #516
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Here we go folks, the Robert Griffin era begins now. Hope its a great one. Lord knows us Skins fans deserve a ray of hope.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:06 PM
  #517
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Saints 3 and out, and the front 7 had nice pressure on all 3 passes. Nice start, so far.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
  #518
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Are you on here RH? Looks like the Shanahan's are running a little spread for Griffin. Option keeper for a 1st down. Now another bubble screen to Garcon.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
  #519
DCRedhawk21
Registered User
 
DCRedhawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Nice job by Banks to get the first down there.... I like the game plan so far from Shanahan Jr.

DCRedhawk21 is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
  #520
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Griffin mistake on fake handoff aside, pretty good first drive.

Garcon got banged up as well. Hope it isn't serious.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
  #521
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
Yeah, other than that botched snap, it was a good drive. He looks good.

I also notice a lot of eccentric formations I haven't seen before in the past. I guess that's a good thing.

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
  #522
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Pierre Garcon is jogging to the locker room with a trainer. #Redskins


Not good.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
  #523
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Garcon is back on the sideline. #redskins


Good.

Gomes dumb ass late hit on Sproles.

Bad.

WetHog is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
  #524
Francesa
Global Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 171,155
vCash: 500
Same old garbage defense. What did you expect when safeties were afflicted with injury and suspension.

Geez

Francesa is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
  #525
WetHog
Registered User
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD - USA
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Ouch.

Great coverage by Fletcher, but Graham is so tall.

WetHog is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.