HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
I know its normal to hide what a teams wants to do in preseason, but then if he is not going to run anything close to what the offense will be, why even have him out there risking injury?

My gut feeling is that the whispers we will cater our offense to a rookie before his first game is even played just doesn't sound like the Shanny style. They sure didn't seem to cater to McNubb.

I hope we do cater to his strengths but I think I need to see it to believe it. I just dont want the offense to evolve to him improvising every play because the line sucks, the play calls not a good fit for what is a young offense.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Duke33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
What a great secondary, defensive line, offensive line, and running backs we have. He's only had 3 years. Can't blame him that half our units are still so bad that some college teams have better personnel at those spots.

Not like anyone has ever built a team in 3 years. Impossible.

And if he got fired after this year, whoever replaced him would have a lot less cap space to work with than every other team.

Absolute wonders.

Depth? DEPTH?!?! At what ****ing position?

Holeeeeeee ****.
Yeah I'm in your line of thinking, that's no surprise. I said a lot of this last season. I never saw the depth or talent or improvement some people saw. If anything they seemed worse. The Shanny boys had the famous line where they staked their reps on the Rex/Beck QB combo working out and that was a laugh. The defense started out ok but then got worse as the year went on. That Minnesota game was humiliating.

They still have gaping holes across the board. You look at teams like Detroit & SF that were awful and turned themselves around pretty much overnight and wonder why the Redskins can't do the same. I've never been a fan of the Shannys, that's again no surprise. Seems like the game has passed Mike by with the lack of success over the last 14 years.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...55857649164288
Quote:
With Saints winning appeal, suspensions are voided as Roger Goodell doesn't have jurisdiction and Stephen Burbank does.
So the Saints players...which would have been suspended defensively against the Redskins...will now be able to play. Players like Vilma and some other guys. This is ridiculous. No punishment at all for transgressors.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post

So the Saints players...which would have been suspended defensively against the Redskins...will now be able to play. Players like Vilma and some other guys. This is ridiculous. No punishment at all for transgressors.
NFL rules are a joke. Fine the skins 18m in cap space for a rule they didnt break then let the bounty gate players for the saints play.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
sillygoose

Quote:

Apparently judges require evidence to suspend players for a year. LUDICROUS.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
Apparently judges require evidence to suspend players for a year. LUDICROUS.
There was evidence Are you saying a bounty system was not going on in New Orleans?

Old
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
sillygoose

Quote:
There was evidence Are you saying a bounty system was not going on in New Orleans?
Where is the evidence, and I'll go on the record and say the Saints did nothing different then every other locker room. You're more then welcome to disagree, though Carlos Rodgers, Antonio Pierce, and Jim Brown have all come out and said this has happened in every locker room they've played in. But again, there is no evidence the NFL has shown, you're more then welcome to post some. And a handwritten note that has Vitt down for 5k on Favre that the NFL says isn't accurate is beyond circumstantial evidence, and that's the only "evidence" the NFL has provided against the players.

Old
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

You're kidding yourself if you think the Saints did nothing different from any locker room.

Old
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
sillygoose

Quote:
You're kidding yourself if you think the Saints did nothing different from any locker room.
What do you think the Saints did?

Old
09-07-2012, 10:56 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
What a great secondary, defensive line, offensive line, and running backs we have. He's only had 3 years. Can't blame him that half our units are still so bad that some college teams have better personnel at those spots.

Not like anyone has ever built a team in 3 years. Impossible.

And if he got fired after this year, whoever replaced him would have a lot less cap space to work with than every other team.

Absolute wonders.

Depth? DEPTH?!?! At what ****ing position?

Holeeeeeee ****.
Now I am beginning to understand why some of you so called hockey experts shun and shout down knuckleheads like me who know nothing of hockey.

Stick to hockey, you appear to know more about that sport.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I know its normal to hide what a teams wants to do in preseason, but then if he is not going to run anything close to what the offense will be, why even have him out there risking injury?

My gut feeling is that the whispers we will cater our offense to a rookie before his first game is even played just doesn't sound like the Shanny style. They sure didn't seem to cater to McNubb.

I hope we do cater to his strengths but I think I need to see it to believe it. I just dont want the offense to evolve to him improvising every play because the line sucks, the play calls not a good fit for what is a young offense.
My opinion is they didn't cater to McNabb because they learned shortly after his arrival that he was a worn down Vet with a big head who thought he knew it all and could coast on his name. McNabb's stint in Minny seems to back that up.

I to am in the see it to believe it phase, but I also can't see it any other way. Griffin has been built up into the Savior of the Skins franchise. Everything possible needs to be done to ensure he survives.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
At this stage, my measuring stick is team competitiveness. Their ability to execute plays, on offense and defense. I'm happy as long as the team doesn't embarrass itself.
I was angered by the team's lack of heart during most of last season. They gave up to Buffalo, and Philly twice. The Jets game was a 4th quarter implosion. They didn't show up against Miami...again, the roster excuse is valid, but at least show up for games instead of getting blown out.

I think we'll see the Redskins get blown out less this year, hopefully they will show more heart.

Quote:
They still have gaping holes across the board. You look at teams like Detroit & SF that were awful and turned themselves around pretty much overnight and wonder why the Redskins can't do the same. I've never been a fan of the Shannys, that's again no surprise. Seems like the game has passed Mike by with the lack of success over the last 14 years.
Detroit was eventual but SF was overnight. The point was, those teams eventually succeeded. Detroit was able to get past Millen's horrible drafting and eventually turn things around, so hopefully the Redskins can do the same in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
What do you think the Saints did?
It's well documented that they had a bounty system which encouraged players to hit other players with intent to injure. This is not common procedure in the NFL.

Last edited by Francesa: 09-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Capitlols
Blow it up

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
#Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday.

Good.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
#Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday.

Good.
Just heard on 980 that Sexy Rexy is inactive today.

Even better.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Good for Morris, although you know Shanahan loves those RB carousels

Probably isn't smart to sign any of those RB's on a fantasy team

Old
09-09-2012, 12:04 PM
WetHog

Here we go folks, the Robert Griffin era begins now. Hope its a great one. Lord knows us Skins fans deserve a ray of hope.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:06 PM
WetHog

Saints 3 and out, and the front 7 had nice pressure on all 3 passes. Nice start, so far.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
WetHog

Are you on here RH? Looks like the Shanahan's are running a little spread for Griffin. Option keeper for a 1st down. Now another bubble screen to Garcon.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
DCRedhawk21

Nice job by Banks to get the first down there.... I like the game plan so far from Shanahan Jr.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
WetHog

Griffin mistake on fake handoff aside, pretty good first drive.

Garcon got banged up as well. Hope it isn't serious.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Yeah, other than that botched snap, it was a good drive. He looks good.

I also notice a lot of eccentric formations I haven't seen before in the past. I guess that's a good thing.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
WetHog

Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Pierre Garcon is jogging to the locker room with a trainer. #Redskins

Not good.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
WetHog

Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Garcon is back on the sideline. #redskins

Good.

Gomes dumb ass late hit on Sproles.

Bad.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Same old garbage defense. What did you expect when safeties were afflicted with injury and suspension.

Geez

Old
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
WetHog

Ouch.

Great coverage by Fletcher, but Graham is so tall.

Closed Thread