HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2012 Offseason Roster Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Tampa Bay Trio
Just Jo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
So what top 4 pairings do you guys like best?

Option 1:
Brewer // Hedman
Carle // Salo
Great shutdown #1 pairing and a very good offensive 2nd pairing.

Option 2:
Brewer // Carle
Hedman // Salo
More experienced 1st pairing, potentially gives Hedman more offensive opportunities and a very steady partner (not that Brewer isn't).

Option 3:
Carle // Hedman
Brewer // Salo
Young guys eat the most minutes on the 1st pairing, keeping the older 2nd pairing fresher.
Option 1 for sure. It lets us keep the chemistry that Brewer and Hedman have shown (at times) while playing together. Carle offsets Salo's lack of foot speed and Salo's defence first attitude can help make up for Carle's occasional defensive lapses. Finally having a respectable top 4 defence means that some of the pressure and minutes that we asked Hedman and Brewer to play will be significantly reduced, hopefully meaning that we'll see more effectiveness and production from our d.

Option 2 is ok too, since it would let a defenseman who knows the system to ease the transition for our new signings. Option 3 would leave us quite exposed on the 2nd pairing, as while I like both players separately, I think together it could be a disaster with the lack of foot speed.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
TBLHoser

Was just listening to an interview with Esposito who said that Ohlund is working out and intends to try to make it back this season...says he's not ready to call it quits just yet...we'll see how that goes...

Old
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Was just listening to an interview with Esposito who said that Ohlund is working out and intends to try to make it back this season...says he's not ready to call it quits just yet...we'll see how that goes...
If that happens Ill be amazed.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
MrMcGz

If Ohlund makes it back and is effective our defense will be pretty solid. Hope he does it.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Benders Lindyhop

I'm cheering for Ohlund to make a complete recovery, but honestly at this point I hope he can just get to the point where he can walk without pain. It was sad seeing him limp around behind the other guys when they were giving post-game interviews

Old
07-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Benders Lindyhop

So Bruce Garrioch (cough...hack...cough)says that the Lightning are interested in Bobby Ryan.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/05/...n-mix-for-ryan

Quote:
Sources say the Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Pittsburgh Penguins, Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay Lightning and Senators are amongst a group of teams that will make a pitch for Ryan. The Ducks may also have to clear salary off the deck to sign Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:18 AM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
So Bruce Garrioch (cough...hack...cough)says that the Lightning are interested in Bobby Ryan.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/05/...n-mix-for-ryan

Conacher, Killorn, 4th rounder for Bobby Ryan, 5th round pick

maybe add Janus/Tokarski if its not enough

Old
07-06-2012, 08:28 AM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
Conacher, Killorn, 4th rounder for Bobby Ryan, 5th round pick

maybe add Janus/Tokarski if its not enough
This is a joke right ?

Old
07-06-2012, 08:32 AM
HedMonster 77

sort of, yea.
seriously what would do the Ducks want from TB for Ryan

Old
07-06-2012, 08:34 AM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Something more proven than mid round picks and prospects atleast

Old
07-06-2012, 08:41 AM
HedMonster 77

Lee or MAB, Killorn, Janus, 1st rounder 2013, 3rd round pick in 2014
will that be enough, I can't determine the Value of that package and prospects and depth players as a hole as a matter of fact

Old
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
chasespace

Quote:
will that be enough, I can't determine the Value of that package and prospects and depth players as a hole as a matter of fact
We're not moving Killorn.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
EvanOberg

We dont really have anything they would want. At least what we would be willing to give up they wouldnt want.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Anything for Ryan probably begins with Hedman, which means it's a no-go for us. We're bad partners with the Ducks. Same deficiencies and same strengths.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
We dont really have anything they would want. At least what we would be willing to give up they wouldnt want.
Brett Connolly maybe. When we drafted him he played C i think they want a C don't they, but i don't think SY is trading him.

what do the oilers want for Sam Gagner, he is a RFA and plays C.
if we can get his rights for some depth players and mid round picks, then we put him in a package with a 2nd rounder and a good prospect for Bobby Ryan i think it will go through - but its not very likely

from i read in the main board, the Ducks want either a 2nd line C or a top 4 D + some picks and prospects

Old
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Brett Connolly maybe. When we drafted him he played C i think they want a C don't they, but i don't think SY is trading him.

what do the oilers want for Sam Gagner, he is a RFA and plays C.
if we can get his rights for some depth players and mid round picks, then we put him in a package with a 2nd rounder and a good prospect for Bobby Ryan i think it will go through - but its not very likely

from i read in the main board, the Ducks want either a 2nd line C or a top 4 D + some picks and prospects
Sam Gagner is not a true 2C that Anahiem would want to trade Ryan for. Makes no sense to get him for players/picks than add more players/picks with him for Ryan. Ryan would be nice to have but the cost isn't worth it.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
EvanOberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Sam Gagner is not a true 2C that Anahiem would want to trade Ryan for. Makes no sense to get him for players/picks than add more players/picks with him for Ryan. Ryan would be nice to have but the cost isn't worth it.
Agree. Unless we get a SFY type move

Old
07-07-2012, 03:32 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

So our goalie depth is almost guaranteed to look like this?

NHL
-Lindback
-Garon

AHL
-Tokarski
-Janus

AHL/Europe
-Helenius

Still not over the fact I feel like Tick got shafted with this. If Lindback turns out to be really good, then maybe it will make me feel better about things. But right now I can't help but be annoyed if I was Garon, Tick, and Janus. They were all bumped down a notch with the Lindback deal.

I just don't think the deal makes us a better team. The defensive signings we've made, if they go well, have the potential to improve whatever goalie is behind them. I just wanted Tick to get the chance with a much improved D as opposed to what was thrown in front of him last season.

I, and others I've read, feel like someone is the odd man out. Who is it? How does it shakedown? Am I the only one irritated at the Lindback aquisitation and would have rather seen Tokarski and Garon duo?

Last edited by PhysicalGraffiti: 07-07-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old
07-07-2012, 03:48 AM
snowden
Man is matter

Tik isn't ready for the NHL. That much was apparent during his short stint here. He had issues even during the Calder run if you watched the playoff games. He didn't win the Cup for them, he was mostly a product of the system in place. He's not very good with lateral movement and needs to work on positioning. He still needs work, just like Janus. Helenius probably is more ready than both of them but we still have Garon to act as our Veteran back-up/1B. It's a good problem to have but no one is being cast aside because SY doesn't like them or whatever. Maybe one gets loaned out, if not, who cares? This is hockey and not a card collecting convention.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Vasilevski
I ****** Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post

NHL
-Lindback
-Garon

AHL
-Tokarski
-Janus

AHL/Europe
-Helenius

Still not over the fact I feel like Tick got shafted with this. If Lindback turns out to be really good, then maybe it will make me feel better about things. But right now I can't help but be annoyed if I was Garon, Tick, and Janus. They were all bumped down a notch with the Lindback deal.

I just don't think the deal makes us a better team. The defensive signings we've made, if they go well, have the potential to improve whatever goalie is behind them. I just wanted Tick to get the chance with a much improved D as opposed to what was thrown in front of him last season.

I, and others I've read, feel like someone is the odd man out. Who is it? How does it shakedown? Am I the only one irritated at the Lindback aquisitation and would have rather seen Tokarski and Garon duo?
Lindback is better (if not much better) than Tokarski right now, can't see how his acquisition makes us not a better team

Old
07-07-2012, 05:53 AM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

When Helenius is having his second year of contract as one-way, how you see his chance to be a no.2 or even compete to no.1 spot in 2013-14 season? He surely has potential and talent.

Old
07-07-2012, 07:50 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

NHL
-Lindback
-Garon

AHL
-Tokarski
-Janus

AHL/Europe
-Helenius

You need to give Lindback some slack as the kid hasn't even played a game for us and your already hating on him. It's part of the bussiness where you go out and acquire players and hope they improve your team, some players will be upset they brought someone else in but if they were a true professional they'd step up their own game instead of complaining. I like Tik myself and was hoping we'd give him another chance and I'm sure he'll get some call ups if someone's hurt but he didn't do enough to say he's a 1B or legit back up yet. As for your goalie breakdown thiers no way Helenius is back in Europe next year, we didn't sign him this off season to send him back.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

The way you get somebody like Bobby Ryan on the Lightning via trade (without giving up too much) is you make it so Anaheim doesn't have any trading partners, either through attrition, or attention.

The window of opportunity may have actually passed as soon as Ottawa said they're out of the Nash race.

Once the teams in on him start getting whittled down, they'll turn their attention to Bobby Ryan, and that means more competition for him.

There should be another window, (if he's not traded in the meantime) closer to the start of the season when everybody else is feeling set on their rosters (and closer to the cap) but the Ducks feel heat to move the guy.

There is some benefit in having the league focus in on Shea Weber and Luongo, but they don't play forward, and that's inherently limiting compared to a comparable player in the same position.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-07-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

NHL
-Lindback
-Garon

AHL
-Tokarski
-Janus

AHL/Europe
-Helenius

Old
07-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Rschmitz

I can't see how acquiring Ryan would be worth it for us. Like Vasilevski said, what they would want would make us a worse team. And as MAB4Norris said, we make bad trading partners.

Closed Thread