HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2012 Offseason Roster Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 08:08 AM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
I haven't caught a ton of games, but from what I've seen he's been playing well. He was such a late addition to the team though that he probably isn't going to get a ton of ice time. When he's on he usually plays pretty physical and his positioning and skating have been good. Him and Gudas make a good pairing when they are on together. I wish I could add more insight, but I just haven't watched enough games.
I know he only joined the Ads when the lightning season ended, but your saying the player with the most NHL experience is not getting a lot of minutes? That sucks for him and us, of all our D in the minors he's the one we need to see if he's gonna be a full time contributor for us next year. I hope he has a good final and offseason and he wins a spot in camp, we need someone who's physical in the lineup. Since it is the finals are they gonna have it on NHL network or anything?

Old
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I know he only joined the Ads when the lightning season ended, but your saying the player with the most NHL experience is not getting a lot of minutes? That sucks for him and us, of all our D in the minors he's the one we need to see if he's gonna be a full time contributor for us next year. I hope he has a good final and offseason and he wins a spot in camp, we need someone who's physical in the lineup. Since it is the finals are they gonna have it on NHL network or anything?
I think they wanted to keep the pairings they had together for chemistry purposes. Barberio-Oberg, Cote-Kostka, and
Jackson-Gudas. For Aulie this is also his 4th team he's been on this season so he's got to learn a new system, get comfortable with new players, etc and he joined right when the playoffs started. He might have the most NHL experience but he's still a young kid and nowhere near a vet who could of jumped right in on the top. The experience to play in playoff games like these are good for him, but I think a good offseason of training will help him the most for camp.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:43 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

His stat line is good, but hes still getting burnt hard to the outside and getting caught flat footed. Positionally he has cleaned it up a bit, which is refreshing to see. He was trying to hard up here, chasing people around the ice and all that, was silly, but was just trying to make a name and spot for himself.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:38 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012...-jo-ar-410440/

Quote:
Two days after returning from a general manager's meeting in New York, Yzerman said during a roundtable discussion he hopes to trade for a new goalie before the month is out.

"There are two teams left in the Stanley Cup playoffs (Los Angeles and New Jersey) and the others are starting to kick around ideas as far as what they can do to improve their teams,'' Yzerman said.

"We accumulated a lot of (draft picks through late-season trades last year) and so now we're starting to explore things and we're going to try to trade for a goalie. If that doesn't work out, we'll look at free agency.''

Old
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
stammerhammer91

Aulie has been playing a lot more lately because scott jackson got hit in the head with a puck and then crashed into the boards head first on the same play. What i have seen from aulie is that he is pretty good down low, he obviously has a little trouble with top speed but i think he can develop into a really solid 5-6 physical defenseman that plays against the PP. He just needs to keep learning his positioning and to learn how to use his body a little more and he will be pretty good. Gudas should start teaching him the open ice check

Old
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
SFY will get it done. Whether or not that's before July 1st, I don't know. But he makes it sound like free agency is a last resort. He wants to make a trade.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
If he is going to try to get Bernier he will have to wait till the finals are over or the draft won't he? Or can he negotiate while they are going on? I would feel kind of bad for Bernier if he won the cup and almost immediately found out he had been traded. I would get over my feelings though quickly if he did get traded here.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
If he is going to try to get Bernier he will have to wait till the finals are over or the draft won't he? Or can he negotiate while they are going on? I would feel kind of bad for Bernier if he won the cup and almost immediately found out he had been traded. I would get over my feelings though quickly if he did get traded here.
IMO Bernier wouldn't mind too much. That way he gets a ring, then immediately gets a chance to be a number 1 (something that he desires, but has had a very good attitude about, according to everything I've read about him) on a team that isn't far from contending.

Now if he were to get traded to CBJ right after the finals, maybe it's a different story. But I think he's ready and waiting for his chance, and (homerism acknowledged) Tampa seems like one of the best places to land.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
HoseEmDown

Anyone else consider Neuvirth from the Caps? He's around the same age bu has more experience in the regular season and playoffs. He also may be a cheaper option. Not sure if Caps would trade in the division though. With Holtby looking like the future I'd think he could be an option.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:46 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Anyone else consider Neuvirth from the Caps? He's around the same age bu has more experience in the regular season and playoffs. He also may be a cheaper option. Not sure if Caps would trade in the division though. With Holtby looking like the future I'd think he could be an option.
I dont think so.

I think its going to be Schneider, Bernier or UFA stop gap until next offseason.

Im still holding out some kind of crazy slim hope that Price is moved from Montreal.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I dont think so.

I think its going to be Schneider, Bernier or UFA stop gap until next offseason.

Im still holding out some kind of crazy slim hope that Price is moved from Montreal.
Offersheet

Old
06-03-2012, 10:33 PM
HoseEmDown

Price would cost way too much in either salary, assets or draft picks. Schneider is looking like he'll be priced to high for us also. Bernier right now seems like the most logical and available but I'm worried his price will continue to inflate. I wish Tik could've put on a better show in his stint this year so we wouldn't need to get anyone.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Totally Radivojevic

JVR
Bobrovsky
Read
Carle (rights)
Lauridsen

for

Hedman
2nd

I understand Hedman isn't likely to move, especially given Tampa's lack of depth at D, but what do you think about the value here?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Wings fan coming in peace. Has Yzerman discussed Mike Commodore's future with TB? How do you guys think he played? Would you take him back?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:55 AM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Wings fan coming in peace. Has Yzerman discussed Mike Commodore's future with TB? How do you guys think he played? Would you take him back?
He won't be coming back, he didn't really play that much here, i didn't mind him when he was in and he looked like a good teammate like he always is but it was just a situation where we needed some warm bodies on the blue line.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:55 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post
JVR
Bobrovsky
Read
Carle (rights)
Lauridsen

for

Hedman
2nd

I understand Hedman isn't likely to move, especially given Tampa's lack of depth at D, but what do you think about the value here?
I think the value could be there but like you said we aren't moving him. We also don't have a need for JVR or Read, and if we wanted Bob or Carle we can get them cheaper, don't know who Lauridsen is. It's just not a deal that will happen, we need young D like you.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
He won't be coming back...it was just a situation where we needed some warm bodies on the blue line.
Spot on.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
He won't be coming back, he didn't really play that much here, i didn't mind him when he was in and he looked like a good teammate like he always is but it was just a situation where we needed some warm bodies on the blue line.
If he wants to take a one year 700K deal I wouldn't mind having him back. In limited viewing he seemed alright, plus I think he fit into our system better than he did in Detroit.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
If he wants to take a one year 700K deal I wouldn't mind having him back. In limited viewing he seemed alright, plus I think he fit into our system better than he did in Detroit.
I'll pass. I'd rather have Gervais back (seriously) at league minimum for depth purposes.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
I'll pass. I'd rather have Gervais back (seriously) at league minimum for depth purposes.
Agree, we need some D that have offensive upside. Gervais also played a little 4th line last year when we played 7D.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Agree, we need some D that have offensive upside.
Yes, Gervais is more versatile than Commodore. Hence, if Lee and/or Bergeron were injured, I'd feel better about Gervais taking that spot than Commodore.

Definitely not knocking Commodore's efforts here but I'd be SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, if he was re-signed. Don't think he was scratched in the final few games of the season solely so TB wouldn't have to pay up a 7th rounder to Detroit.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:47 AM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Yes, Gervais is more versatile than Commodore. Hence, if Lee and/or Bergeron were injured, I'd feel better about Gervais taking that spot than Commodore.

Definitely not knocking Commodore's efforts here but I'd be SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, if he was re-signed. Don't think he was scratched in the final few games of the season solely so TB wouldn't have to pay up a 7th rounder to Detroit.
That 7th rounder was conditional based on Commie playing 15 games AND the Lightning making the playoffs.

I like Commodore, and wouldn't mind if management decided he is worth keeping around. I don't think he will be re-signed though. Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere that can play him consistently (like as the #6 guy or something).

Old
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
That 7th rounder was conditional based on Commie playing 15 games AND the Lightning making the playoffs.
Forgot about that. Makes his being scratched even more telling then, IMO.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
HoseEmDown

Only reason I'd resign him is if we don't think Aullie can win a spot in camp, we need someone on the back end who can drop the gloves. Hedman is getting more physical but still soft, Brewer was never physical even with his size and the others don't have an edge or mean streak, we can't let teams push us around. I think he'll find a better oppurtunity somewhere else anyway.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Forgot about that. Makes his being scratched even more telling then, IMO.
Commodore got scratched partly because SFY and Boucher wanted to assess the younger guys. Especially Aulie and Lee.

Somebody had to get scratched, and if it wasn't unjustly Gervais, it was Commodore. He was the most known quantity of the depth guys.

Closed Thread