Old
09-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

vCash: 1124
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=20
Quote:
Both are awesome prospects, cant make a call because I havent seen to much of them besides WJC.

Brodin and Klefbom pairing would be lethal if the oilers could swing a deal.

Musil+ 2nd

Old
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
There should just be a Brodin vs Klefbom sticky in the polls/prospects sub-forums. Oh, and a Bozak/Franson, etc. to Colorado for Statsny sticky in the trade forum.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

I'm so tired of Brodin vs. Klefbom threads. Oilers fans keep misconstruing a quote from a Swedish article (where team Sweden's coach and fans are both quoted).

Old
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I have seen Snake Oiler fans quote SouthSwe a handful of times. But like you pointed out, progression =/= better.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

I'm loving the comments from Swedish posters in the Brodin vs. Klefbom thread. First-hand accounts are really painting a good picture of Brodin.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Voted for Klefbom.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:04 AM
helicecopter

I knew going back to this thread after Brodin first game in N.A. was going to be worthy.

As expected it only took a little bit over a year.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...77&postcount=7
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=14
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3&postcount=18

these two guys were particularly knowledgeable and convincing:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=229
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD
he tallied 4 points playing on the BEST team in Sweden's top league. It shouldn't take power play time to register more than 4 freakin' points. I know lots of 17 year olds who have filled out, I work with kids that age each and everyday. The weight room isn't exactly an American secret. If anything, these young athletes are far more aware of fitness and weight training than players were 20-30 years ago. There is no excuse for being weak if you know you're a top level prospect IMO.

Sorry, the fact people have to stand up and defend this pick speaks volumes about how lousy it is.

Brodin wasn't the next best defenseman available; to say nothing of the fact the team should've drafted a goal scoring forward; of which there were more than a few to choose from at #10
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3&postcount=80
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en
1) I'm 6'2 and im not big.. tall doesnt mean sturdy. He's a pole.

2) Smartest how so? I havent heard this anywhere else... And obvisouly no other team was worried about not getting him "no phone calls at Wild table"

3) 90% of the NHL hate the Sedins... Why would he hate them anyways? Also, what does that have to do with anything.. I'm sure there's not many players on the Wild that like them. Hell, I dont really like them, should I be drafted?

4) He wants to be a Wild? every kid in the draft said they just want to be picked. any pick would say they "want" to play for the team they get picked by..

This is a BUST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en
I still stand by my statement that this kid will be a bust but I guess we wont know for years..
well maybe not yearS eh.. still disappointed he never took this bet http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=92

the question now is, are Pajicz, Dampland, Up7Yours, LemaireisGOD, se7en, etc still very disappointed by the Wild picking Brodin or do they get it now?

Interesting to see whether detractors' perception has changed by now, or not (yet).

Old
10-14-2012, 10:59 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

its only been one game, man...a little early to shove crow down someone's throat. On the flipside i'm sure some of the people mentioned have already eased up on their dislike for the pick based on Brodin's year and WCs and all the praise he's garnered from media and players. Its one thing to rail on a prospect not many people were familiar with but another to continue to do so when you are contradicting the opinions of professional analysts and peers and find none of them share your pessimism.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:39 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
its only been one game, man...a little early to shove crow down someone's throat. On the flipside i'm sure some of the people mentioned have already eased up on their dislike for the pick based on Brodin's year and WCs and all the praise he's garnered from media and players. Its one thing to rail on a prospect not many people were familiar with but another to continue to do so when you are contradicting the opinions of professional analysts and peers and find none of them share your pessimism.
yeah, it's been a year of hockey (and one senior WC), not only one game in AHL..

however, usually most N.A. fans don't change their minds until the player proves it before their eyes in the NHL, so that's why i was wondering if those people now are still hating the pick, or at least skeptic about it.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:24 AM
forthewild

i'm really concerned with Brodin's offensive game, he really has never put up good numbers, i mean his draft year he only had like 4 assists. we totally missed on that pick, he'll only be a 2nd pairing at best dman.

in other news Brodin is doing great, love him, and he's showing there is some offense to go with that amazing toolset he has,

Jonas lidstrom Brodin baby

Old
10-27-2012, 06:29 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Problem is people never want to trust scouts who do their work, rather they search for stats and apply them with out context, on one had his 4A his draft year is not very impressive, on the other hand playing a key shutdown role at age 17 in playoffs vs men and doing a stellar job is.

but its the stats that matter, in Brodin's case its been the stathounds who have no context for the number but just a number, kid has been a stud for a long time, i'm so glad we have him

Old
10-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Just saying, 2+2 in 6 games already. I think he'll be just fine. No need to worry about the points. They will come.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

From what I've seen of him in Houston, he's been shooting the puck a lot and doing a hell of a job offensively.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Sounded like he had a couple defensive slip-ups last night, though.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota View Post
sounded like he had a couple defensive slip-ups last night, though.
Bust!

Old
10-27-2012, 01:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Sounded like he had a couple defensive slip-ups last night, though.

Did he? What happened?

Old
10-27-2012, 02:55 PM
forthewild

one of his goals against he was facing a 2-1 and his partner blew coverage, the other i don't know

Old
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Quote:
Did he? What happened?
I listened on the radio, so I didn't actually see him make any major mistakes. I do know OKC's first line was overwhelming Brodin-Scandella until RNH got injured. After the first period, they seemed to turn things around, though.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Haite
x

Sources: Jonas Brodin on his way to Minnesota to join Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo
After only one game back in Houston's lineup, defenseman Jonas Brodin is on his way to Minnesota, multiple sources tell me this morning. The 2011 first-round pick who helped lead Sweden to last year's gold at the world junior championships should be here in time for this morning's practice.
Woohoo

Old
01-24-2013, 08:48 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

****ing doubters. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA I WIN I WIN.

seriously, though...he's probably going to be an immediate upgrade and certainly within a couple games.
He might have the same problem our other guys share though in unfamiliarity with the system and partners.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:54 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
****ing doubters. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA I WIN I WIN.

seriously, though...he's probably going to be an immediate upgrade and certainly within a couple games.
He might have the same problem our other guys share though in unfamiliarity with the system and partners.

I'm not sure if he'll have any troubles with the system, as they are running the same one in Houston. I think rust and the unfamiliarity with his partners with be his biggest hurdles.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I guess I'm just a little scared about Brodin getting injured again. It looked like he wasn't quite ready for the physical side of NA hockey so I hope I'm wrong. Granlund seems to have adjusted well, maybe Brodin will too. Will he replace Falk or Prosser? Probably Prosser I'd imagine.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Ok Prosser okthxbye.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I guess I'm just a little scared about Brodin getting injured again. It looked like he wasn't quite ready for the physical side of NA hockey so I hope I'm wrong. Granlund seems to have adjusted well, maybe Brodin will too. Will he replace Falk or Prosser? Probably Prosser I'd imagine.
It's gotta be Prosser.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

He deserves his own thread.

Very excited to see him. I think he'll step into Prosser's spot and work his way up the ranks pretty quickly. He should be a top four defenseman pretty much right away IMO.

Just curious to see how he handles a more physical style of play but Gilbert hasn't been soft this year, so a pairing with him...nice.

Just imagine only having to see Stoner/Falk on the ice for ~ 10 minutes a game...

Closed Thread