Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
I'm pretty sure I was pissed at the pick. Then SouthSwe came and I was a little happier. Then i saw him at the WJC and I was sold.
I wasn't so much pissed that we took Jonas. I was steamed that Boston took Dougie Hamilton. Glad we drafted well this past few years with our top 10 picks, cuz I don't anticipate seeing those for quite a long time.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I accept PayPal, se7en. PM me and I'll give you my account info.
Where was that in the thread, and who said it?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:48 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
See OP.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:55 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Near the top of page two in the original Brodin draft thread. Se7en and Paicjz (sp?) were the main culprits, but there were others.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:05 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
I was literally just looking at that, so funny to see people's reactions. Especially se7en who bet $50 that Brodin wouldn't play in the NHL except as a call up.

Edit: Link to draft day thread on page 1
A good ex. on why we should trust GMCF with friends..

Wait for DumbaTrain... (Tune: RockNRoll Train by AC/DC)

"Du-umbaTrain, Hit you right thru the glass.. Du-uuumbaTrayiiin Gonna smash you very fast"

Old
01-31-2013, 03:02 AM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
I wonder what Lemaireisgod is thinking about Brodin now a days. wow

Old
01-31-2013, 03:07 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
i like this pick - a lot.

I know he wasn't the sexy pick because we need offense but brodin, to me, is one of those quiet defensemen that when you look at the stat sheet you don't see anything remarkable but when you realize it, he's crunched 22 minutes and is a +2.

If one thing is true, sweden knows how to produce top defensemen. The top prospect for hf was rundblad a swedish defenseman. I know klefbom was there but brodin is exceptionally young and has a lot of room for growth.

I wouldn't be surprise if he added another inch or two on his skinny body and at 6'2"-6'3" he would be good size.

The fact he was rated highly, and the fact he is playing against men at the age of 17 is not only astonishing it's remarkable. How many prospects can say that?

This was a smart pick because i really think that in a few years, people will wonder why he wasn't taken higher.
bam!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:17 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
I wonder what Lemaireisgod is thinking about Brodin now a days. wow
Notice how he doesn't come over here unless his negative rantings come true...

Old
01-31-2013, 03:18 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Notice how he doesn't come over here unless his negative rantings come true...
Never understood the concept I don't know the player = bad.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
The first thread is hilarious. Most of the people obviously never saw Brodin play and they put him down like he was some kind of scrub.

He's looking REALLY good with Suter guys, really good.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Never understood the concept I don't know the player = bad.
I've come to believe Lemaireisgod thinks he knows all there is to know about hockey players. If a player flies under his radar, he must not be worth knowing. Hubris?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:56 AM
forthewild

my reaction to Brodin pick was just surprise due to not knowing him at all. I had not followed euro prospects back then aside from Larsson everyone else was unknown to me. However it took all of 3hrs (rest of draft plus drive home) before i fell in love with the pick, this was reinforced every moment since that pick and is showing up now. everyone here knows how much i've been pushing brodin, i've even said he'd be better then Granny.

Anyone who hated the pick was just an ignorant fool, what people did was look up his stats and were not impressed, never mind that you could count on one had with fingers to spare the amount of 17 year old dman who've excelled in SEL... that fact was lost to them because at 17 years old in North America dman regularly play with men in a top world league and light it up sideways........

people are seeing what our scouts saw two years ago, a smart poised hockey player who glides all over the ice and sees the game so well that he makes plays beyond his years.

BTW did i mention HE IS ONLY 19, its not even sheltered minutes also he just missed 11 weeks due to injury and he plays the game as tho he's a 26 years old and a 7 year NHL VET.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:25 AM
SureBabyYes

Hey, to be fair not even Yeo had any idea who Brodin was. Didn't he ask the scouts how he should describe this Brodin guy to the press?!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:14 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
Hey, to be fair not even Yeo had any idea who Brodin was. Didn't he ask the scouts how he should describe this Brodin guy to the press?!
yes, difference is: he didn't think it was a terrible pick for that reason.

Let alone after he got rave reviews from people who actually watched him play..

Old
01-31-2013, 05:15 AM
FVM
Screaming seagulls

vCash: 1301
What an NHL debut by this guy. Incredible poise and smarts. When he's stripping the puck from the opposition or moving the puck up the ice it looks like he has ice in his veins. Not to mention his skating which is just beautiful to behold. Love it.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:46 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
yeo was coaching AHL at the time and just recently took the job as head coach to expect him to be up to date on prospects which isn't his job to begin with is a bit much.

now if Yeo flipped his lid after seeing the stat line...

Old
01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Eple

Count me in as another admirer of Brodin. He shows great composure and excluding one or two rookie mistakes he's been really solid for us. And he's only gonna get better!

Old
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
helicecopter

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=657
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
its only been one game, man...a little early to shove crow down someone's throat.
so, are 4 NHL games enough instead?

Old
01-31-2013, 07:47 AM
LaGu

For a long time I have thought that Brodin could very well turn out to be a steal at 10th overall. It took me some time to get to know this kid but a couple of months prior to the draft I started paying attention.

The thing that struck me with Brodin was that he is so consistent and it has never even occured to me that he would not become a NHL regular. When he plays he looks the same night in and night out, clam, confident and secure. It doesn't matter if he's playing with the juniors or in the SEL, AHL and now NHL and it doesn't matter if he's up against Detroits 1st line or Timra's 4th in the SEL, he just keeps on playing his game.

Furthermore I think that he has an offensive upside which has been over-shadowed the last couple of seasons since he's been focusing on his defensive game but in the juniors he was basically a 0.5-1 ppg player and with time I expect to see his numbers climb.

Too bad he's playing for the wrong team though .

Old
01-31-2013, 07:56 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

It's kind of strange that he is only 4 games into his NHL career, but when he has the puck on his stick I don't find myself holding my breath like I do when someone like Scandella, Stoner or Falk has the puck on their sticks in the defensive zone. He is already showing alot of confidence and poise with the biscuit and he is only 19...that is crazy...

And it's hilarious reading the draft day thread on Brodin...but it's the same thing every year. Granlund, Brodin, and Dumba...everyone freaks out, yet no one knows anything more about these players other than what they read in a mock draft or some rankings list. Guaranteed that whom ever gets selected this June will illicit the same reaction among many of the Wild faithful. I go into a draft knowing that I know nothing and am willing to let it play out before I declare a player a "bust".

Old
01-31-2013, 08:57 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

hey... didn't i get infracted for flaming LiG on the Brodin pick rant he went on? elle. oh. elle.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
It's kind of strange that he is only 4 games into his NHL career, but when he has the puck on his stick I don't find myself holding my breath like I do when someone like Scandella, Stoner or Falk has the puck on their sticks in the defensive zone. He is already showing alot of confidence and poise with the biscuit and he is only 19...that is crazy...

And it's hilarious reading the draft day thread on Brodin...but it's the same thing every year. Granlund, Brodin, and Dumba...everyone freaks out, yet no one knows anything more about these players other than what they read in a mock draft or some rankings list. Guaranteed that whom ever gets selected this June will illicit the same reaction among many of the Wild faithful. I go into a draft knowing that I know nothing and am willing to let it play out before I declare a player a "bust".
Haha. Yeah, it's kind of par for the course. Years of getting our hopes up and having them crushed by Risenbough's terrible, terrible drafting.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
nickschultzfan

So, yeah, Brodin has ramped up to being "NHL-ready" in 3 games. That's kind of freaking amazing.

He was fantastic last night. Is it too early to just write him in as our #2 Dman for....well....a really long freaking time?

I am feeling really good about our defense right now.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Ladde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladde View Post
What I managed to see from Brodin yesterday was really impressive. He is really a master of using his stick defensively stopping forwards right on their tracks. He made some nice pokechecks and took out the oponentīs stick preventing the cross creasers a couple of times. With the current D the wild have I am really hoping that he can play on the Wild line up next season. I would consider him a huge upgrade for the Wild. And regarding the Brodin vs Klefbom thatīs really come up lately here I see no reason to consider Klefbom the superior player expect for his size. Klefbom didnīt even make this EHT team which says a lot. I didnt get to see todays game of Finland vs Sweden and I really hoped I would have just so I could see more from Brodin.
Post 12 in this thread.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Yeah, I was at the draft and was just surprised by the pick. I tried to do research beforehand so when they said Brodin, I just couldn't remember reading about him.

I really wanted Dougie Hamilton or Sean Couturier. So I was pretty pissed off at the draft when they went right before our pick. But after reading about Brodin after the draft, reading about his development, and watching him in the AHL and NHL, I'd be lying if I didn't say it worked out for the best.

"That's why you don't trade up!" Anytime I look back on the draft experience, I remember that quote from Becoming Wild.

Closed Thread