HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Playoff Games Intro Video

Old
04-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Playoff Games Intro Video

Ok I've been to all the playoff games this season and that intro video just keeps killing me. The players come out onto the ice, everyone screaming their heads off, the place has a huge buzz going and then the lights go out (more screaming) and the intro video starts and proceeds to suck the life out of the crowd. I really wish they'd consider doing something other than just some highlights with little to no music in the background, it's such a buzzkill. When you've got a crowd just looking for an excuse to go nuts it shouldn't be that hard to deliver!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:07 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Ok I've been to all the playoff games this season and that intro video just keeps killing me. The players come out onto the ice, everyone screaming their heads off, the place has a huge buzz going and then the lights go out (more screaming) and the intro video starts and proceeds to suck the life out of the crowd. I really wish they'd consider doing something other than just some highlights with little to no music in the background, it's such a buzzkill. When you've got a crowd just looking for an excuse to go nuts it shouldn't be that hard to deliver!
They have pretty much always had this issue at Glendale. It was especially bad during the two Red Wings series when the crowd was absolutely insane yet they would start pumping in music killing it.

Specifically on the intro video, I think it's because that intro sucks more than anything.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:12 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
couldn't agree more. That thing is a total bummer. It needs to stop.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

I hate when the crowd is chanting, and cheering and going crazy and they play music at all. Especially in the Blackhawks series, when the Yotes fans and the Hawk fans were like, dueling in the cheers and they would start blasting music. Total kill.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
I hate when the crowd is chanting, and cheering and going crazy and they play music at all. Especially in the Blackhawks series, when the Yotes fans and the Hawk fans were like, dueling in the cheers and they would start blasting music. Total kill.
I'm not talking in general, I'm talking specifically about the Intro video before the game starts. It's the one where all the lights go out and the lightening strike sounds kick in. At that point the crowd is going nuts in anticipation but then...nothing, just some highlights. The crowd calms way down and becomes mostly silent. It's a total buzzkill.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
doaner

I miss the moon dropping, the puck traveling through the state and into AWA. As a kid, I was totally pumped up. I never wanted to be late so I could see it. Times have changed for sure

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:12 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I miss the moon dropping, the puck traveling through the state and into AWA. As a kid, I was totally pumped up. I never wanted to be late so I could see it. Times have changed for sure
I always really liked that intro too!