HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bar to catch flyers / devils in NYC?

Old
04-28-2012, 09:57 PM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Bar to catch flyers / devils in NYC?

Or even a bar where I just won't be heckled for cheering for the flyers, and perhaps will be in the company of a few other fans. I'm specifically looking for a place with the lowest amount of devils fans possible.

I ask because I'll be in NYC tomorrow to run a race in the morning, and won't be able to make it home in time to catch the game.*

HartsyMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:40 PM
hof2120

Good luck with that. It's April, the only time of the year when Devils fans come out.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:40 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1213
A quick search...

http://www.shortysnyc.com/browsers/shortys/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/shortys-new-...20sports%20bar

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Beardacus
Ice 1 - Brodeur 0

There's a few Redsox bars in the East village where you might have some luck. They hate NYC teams so you might get away hassle free.

Professor Thom's is one. Phebe's is another.

Beardacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Top Cheese Danish

Wogies in the West Village. Philly bar, shows every Flyers game, everyone shows up dressed in the orange and black.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:42 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyEye View Post
Or even a bar where I just won't be heckled for cheering for the flyers, and perhaps will be in the company of a few other fans. I'm specifically looking for a place with the lowest amount of devils fans possible.

I ask because I'll be in NYC tomorrow to run a race in the morning, and won't be able to make it home in time to catch the game.*
While I cant quote you a Flyers to Devils fan ratio, most Rangers fans hate the Devils more than the Flyers, so most will likely be not so much rooting for the Flyers as against the Devils.

Anyway.....

The Flying Puck - Right near MSG/NY Penn Station, hockey bar, probablyl will have the sound on. Decent food.

Blondies - W.79th/Broadway, 7 minutes from NY Penn Station on the subway (1-train stop at W.79th street, which is exactly 6 stops from Penn Station 42nd,50th,59th,66th,72nd,79th). Best Buffalo Wings in the city. Doubtful to have the game sound on.

Blondies is better, unless game sound is important to you. Either of them are simple to get to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Good luck with that. It's April, the only time of the year when Devils fans come out.
Yuckity... yuck... yuck!!!!

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
While I cant quote you a Flyers to Devils fan ratio, most Rangers fans hate the Devils more than the Flyers, so most will likely be not so much rooting for the Flyers as against the Devils.

Anyway.....

The Flying Puck - Right near MSG/NY Penn Station, hockey bar, probablyl will have the sound on. Decent food.

Blondies - W.79th/Broadway, 7 minutes from NY Penn Station on the subway (1-train stop at W.79th street, which is exactly 6 stops from Penn Station 42nd,50th,59th,66th,72nd,79th). Best Buffalo Wings in the city. Doubtful to have the game sound on.

Blondies is better, unless game sound is important to you. Either of them are simple to get to.

Yuckity... yuck... yuck!!!!

The clown is staring into my soul. I don't like it.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote