HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm-Fla

Old
04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Its strange to see Oiler fans almost desperate to trade Yakupov. I don't understand why really - if Yak is this potential 50 goal scorer then certainly Oiler fans should keep quiet on these boards and resist the urge to post any proposals to trade him. One would think...
it's the obsession some fans have with wanting a #1 defenceman at all costs, thinking the Oilers would become instant playoff contenders with one. i for one believe that no team is going to offer a #1 d-man for the #1 pick (Yakupov). i personally don't think that Gudbranson is in the same ilk as Pietrangelo or Weber, so i wouldn't trade Yakupov for him and Howden or whatever.

Last edited by ManByng: 04-29-2012 at 04:08 PM.
ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
No, I believe Yakupov is better right now, and will be in the future.

Those differences are from other teams fans. Oilers fans value him like Hall,Rnh, and Eberle.
That says more about Edmonton fans than it does about Yakupov, I think.

If there is a difference between Huberdeau and Yakupov, it is a small one, and probably cancelled by Huberdeau's positional advantage.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
No, I believe Yakupov is better right now, and will be in the future.

Those differences are from other teams fans. Oilers fans value him like Hall,Rnh, and Eberle.
Please say most Oiler fans, because I believe Yakupov is over valued and would prefer the Oilers draft either Galchenyuk, Rielly, or Rienhart. I believe Yakupov value was hurt when he didn't show up for the prospects game. Yes I know he they said he was injured, but the CHL didn't believe it and suspended him for a couple of games.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:10 PM
SaskOil*
u mad

Edmonton runs far far away from this.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Please say most Oiler fans, because I believe Yakupov is over valued and would prefer the Oilers draft either Galchenyuk, Rielly, or Rienhart. I believe Yakupov value was hurt when he didn't show up for the prospects game. Yes I know he they said he was injured, but the CHL didn't believe it and suspended him for a couple of games.
Thanks for your perspective. Please note that last year most Oilers fans (rightly) expressed zero interset in trading the No. 1 because Nuge clearly was the man. As you and others have already noted, Yakupov has not separated himself from the field and carries some red flags.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Thanks for your perspective. Please note that last year most Oilers fans (rightly) expressed zero interset in trading the No. 1 because Nuge clearly was the man. As you and others have already noted, Yakupov has not separated himself from the field and carries some red flags.
Last year it was split with Oiler fans between Couturier, Larrson, and RNH. I also understand that if the right trade came along the Oilers would of traded down.

Old
04-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

Quote:
How did it hurt him, He was recovering from an knee injury, and didn't want to screw it up. I din't hurt his value at all. Because he is still ranked number 1.

If you wan't galy. Join the leafs bandwagon

Johnny McBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:04 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
How did it hurt him, He was recovering from an knee injury, and didn't want to screw it up. I din't hurt his value at all. Because he is still ranked number 1.

If you wan't galy. Join the leafs bandwagon
He had already come back from the knee injury and had play 3 games before the prospect game. It wasn't part of him not playing, but he didn't show up at all. If he had shown up and took part in the media BS, everything would be fine, but he didn't.

The prospect game is a big thing for the CHL and a lot of rankings are based on how well some players play in it. Good example would be last year when RNH's play won him that #1 ranking. This year some players show up injured just to take part in it and even played injured.

Last edited by WeridAl: 04-29-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Huh? Yakupov has CLEARLY separated himself from the rest of the class moreso than recent #1's from the rest of their draft class.
Also, what are these mythical red flags? Possibility of injury due to his playing style and ???? I can't think of one.

I do agree that some Oilers fans overvalue the pick but some non-Oiler fans are just as ridiculous with their undervaluing of the pick and the supposed lack of separation between Yakupov and the rest of the draft. There is a reason that #1 picks don't get traded and that is because the overwhelming evidence supports the fact that you'll like get at least a star and more times than not, a superstar at #1 so there is a reason why the Oilers would want the moon for the pick.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Huh? Yakupov has CLEARLY separated himself from the rest of the class moreso than recent #1's from the rest of their draft class.
Also, what are these mythical red flags? Possibility of injury due to his playing style and ???? I can't think of one.

I do agree that some Oilers fans overvalue the pick but some non-Oiler fans are just as ridiculous with their undervaluing of the pick and the supposed lack of separation between Yakupov and the rest of the draft. There is a reason that #1 picks don't get traded and that is because the overwhelming evidence supports the fact that you'll like get at least a star and more times than not, a superstar at #1 so there is a reason why the Oilers would want the moon for the pick.
How did he separated himself from his competition, when his competition was injured most of the year.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:27 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
How did he separated himself from his competition, when his competition was injured most of the year.
What does that even mean? He was injured too so i don't know what you're insinuating.
Galchenyuk and Rielly were the only ones who missed significant time, Galchenyuk is the only one who might have challenged him anyway then again, Yakupov's numbers would be even better if Galchenyuk was healthy so i'm not so sure that he would have been challenged.
Yakupov maintained his #1 status quite comfortably despite suffering through multiple injuries and despite playing without Galchenyuk most of the season, that says a lot about how good he is.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
What does that even mean? He was injured too so i don't know what you're insinuating.
Galchenyuk and Rielly were the only ones who missed signficant time.
Yakupov maintained his #1 status quite comfortably despite suffering through multiple injuries and despite playing without Galchenyuk most of the season, that says a lot about how good he is.
After watching Rielly and Galchenyuk play in the play-offs, I wouldn't put any money on it.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

Quote:
After watching Rielly and Galchenyuk play in the play-offs, I wouldn't put any money on it.
Along with Yakupov, Galchenyuk, had an underwhelming playoff.

What are you trying to prove. That all of the things you are saying, are lies.

Johnny McBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:

Not true. By a lot of accounts, Galchenyuk was superior to Yakupov in the playoffs, not that it means much in the long run.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
No the Panthers are developing nicely with the players they have (and in the pipe) and wouldn't take a step back to accommodate Yakupov who may (or may not) become a 40 or 50 goal scorer.

Its strange to see Oiler fans almost desperate to trade Yakupov. I don't understand why really - if Yak is this potential 50 goal scorer then certainly Oiler fans should keep quiet on these boards and resist the urge to post any proposals to trade him. One would think...
Yea its oiler fans just desperate to trade him...based on this 1 thread ignoring the other 8 yakupov threads created by fans of other teams

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:45 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Not true. By a lot of accounts, Galchenyuk was superior to Yakupov in the playoffs, not that it means much in the long run.
It may of been in a losing effort, but Galchenyuk show why he's remain around the top of the rankings. If he had played all year, him and Yakupov could of broken some records.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Jamin

Quote:

@ the bolded. You answered that on the first page. Yakupov was an awesome player, would columbus use their pick to take the clear cut number one from every scouting agency even though he was russian?

Then the oilers won the lottery and his value plummeted so that picks 4,5,6 etc are considered equal I guess

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Copperhead

Well that would be a tough trade to make for both teams. Both players obviously have a lot of potential. As I see it:

Huberdeau:
-Better two way player
-Fits the strong big(ish) center role

Yakupov:
-Better potential offensively
-More dynamic

Personally I'd take Yakupov over Huberdeau, but Huberdeau would fill a need better for the Oilers. That said unless the Oilers are getting Huberdeau+ I'd say it's a bad deal and I'm not sure that Florida would be that eager to trade their top prospect. Can't see it happening.

EDIT: I just noticed that Huberdeau is only 4 months older than Yakupov.

Also it appears that Huberdeau is playing for an absolutely stacked Sea-Dogs team in Saint John, where the Sting have been an average or worse team in the two years that Yakupov has been there. That would certainly boost Huberdeau's numbers.

Last edited by Copperhead: 04-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Well that would be a tough trade to make for both teams. Both players obviously have a lot of potential. As I see it:

Huberdeau:
-Better two way player
-Fits the strong big(ish) center role

Yakupov:
-Better potential offensively
-More dynamic

Personally I'd take Yakupov over Huberdeau, but Huberdeau would fill a need better for the Oilers. That said unless the Oilers are getting Huberdeau+ I'd say it's a bad deal and I'm not sure that Florida would be that eager to trade their top prospect. Can't see it happening.
At 6'1" and 175ilbs the last thing that would come to mind when you describe Huberdeau would be strong and biggish. String beanish would be a closer comparison.

Old
04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
At 6'1" and 175ilbs the last thing that would come to mind when you describe Huberdeau would be strong and biggish. String beanish would be a closer comparison.
Well good point, but he has the potential to fill into that frame. If he came to be 6'1 and 200 that would probably fill the strong center role.

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Pretty sure if Huberdeau was in this draft he'd be the seguin of the Hall-Seguin debate. Aka, too close.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Florida would not touch either of those trades

2287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:35 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
no
just simply no
I'll apologize on the OP's behave.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Yea its oiler fans just desperate to trade him...based on this 1 thread ignoring the other 8 yakupov threads created by fans of other teams
4 Oiler created Yakupov threads to 0 on this front page of the Trade Rumors page. Obviously you just pull stuff out of your arse as you failed to even check.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Fourier

Quote:
He was. But I'd still take Yakupov. And until the Oilers won the lottery Galchenyuk was the guy I wanted.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote