HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

HFNHL Kings eliminate Blue Jackets in 6

Old
04-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 500
HFNHL Kings eliminate Blue Jackets in 6

In a hard-fought series, the LA Kings won their first post-lockout playoff series, 4 games to 2, against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

"That was a tough series, the Blue Jackets are a top team in the HFNHL" commented GM Mike McEwan.

Columbus had jumped out to a 2-1 series lead on the strength of a couple of blow out wins that saw backup goaltender Braden Holtby come in to relieve starter Cam Ward.

"That's when we decided to make some changes" said McEwan. Head coach Dale Hunter wasn't getting the matchups he wanted as the first line was a combined -19 after three games! Some big changes were made and from that point on the Kings won three straight to take the series.

In game six, former Blue Jacket defenseman Marek Zidlicky, who was acquired by the Kings at the mid-way point of the season for a pair of draft picks, continued his heroics against his former team. He scored the overtime winning goal that sent Columbus home.

"That was the plan all along" McEwan said, grinning. "Of course, with a few bounces the other way the outcome could have been much different. But, it wasn't, and all the guys brought in have performed perfectly in their roles. This team was tweaked to be built for a playoff run and we're happy to be providing that for our fans that have stuck by us in the rebuilding years."

Center Jamie Benn was injured in the win, which will prompt Max Pacioretty to be called up from Manchester. Benn will miss most or all of the round 2 series.

It appears from the standings that the Kings will now face off against the Canucks, in which LA will have home ice advantage.

Dempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

Grumble grumble.

Congratulations, mike - I know it's been a long time coming. Doesn't make me any happier at not being able to solve Ward.

But I'm in Vegas (for another hour or so), so things aren't all THAT bad. I'll get one more kick at that can next season before I have to blow things up.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:02 AM
islanders

Send a message via ICQ to islanders
This was one of the interesting series. I had Columbus going all the way.

islanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
It appears from the standings that the Kings will now face off against the Canucks, in which LA will have home ice advantage.
I'm assuming this is a typo right?

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
I'm assuming this is a typo right?
Yup Round 2 wasn't posted at the time.

Dempsey is online now   Reply With Quote