HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Playoff Warriors : Add Colin Fraser to that list

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
  #26
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,064
vCash: 500
It would be sweet if the Kings were able to win the Cup after dropping the greedy, lying has-been.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:42 AM
  #27
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
I would give Fraser $100k to go to Manch tops and teach the young guys about how to be a pro. As good as his line has been this playoffs, I'd really rather try out Cliche or a free agent next year.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:47 AM
  #28
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I would give Fraser $100k to go to Manch tops and teach the young guys about how to be a pro. As good as his line has been this playoffs, I'd really rather try out Cliche or a free agent next year.
Seriously? The guy who has basically been the driving force and key to the Kings 4th line waking the hell up and playing like a 4th line should is worth 100k? You're out of touch and just wow...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:51 AM
  #29
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I would give Fraser $100k to go to Manch tops and teach the young guys about how to be a pro. As good as his line has been this playoffs, I'd really rather try out Cliche or a free agent next year.
Cliche is pretty much responsible for the Monarchs crumbling in the postseason.

They were up in two games if I am correct. Cliche took some selfish penalty's in both games, that led to scores/comebacks. Cliche is suppose to be the Captain; you cannot take dumb penalty's like that as a pro.

Not sold on Cliche being an NHL player.

Fraser did the same thing against Van. But lucky for him the team won game Five. Since then,Fraser has kept his game team first.


Last edited by damacles1156: 05-12-2012 at 03:22 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:11 AM
  #30
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I would give Fraser $100k to go to Manch tops and teach the young guys about how to be a pro. As good as his line has been this playoffs, I'd really rather try out Cliche or a free agent next year.
good lord cns, you love contraversay. you choose the rusty knife when everone else swallows the pill

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:22 AM
  #31
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Seriously? The guy who has basically been the driving force and key to the Kings 4th line waking the hell up and playing like a 4th line should is worth 100k? You're out of touch and just wow...
I find it ****ing HYSTERICAL how basically everyone agreed he was just an average player with tons of guys like him out there and now...? He's had a good playoffs yes. But guess what? Clifford had a great playoffs vs the Sharks last year and this season he was crap all year. Sorry I'd rather try and upgrade over it and get a guy who's at least proficient in something as compared to Fras who is just average in everything. And driving force? I think Richie and Nolan have both been much better than him. Richie's speed and tenacity are great for that 4th line playoff role on the forecheck and Nolan's size and physicality have been exactly what I knew he could bring when he was called up. Fras is so meh. I won't be really pissed if he comes back but moreso disappointed in not trying to find a better option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
good lord cns, you love contraversay. you choose the rusty knife when everone else swallows the pill
Why? Because I stick to what I believe. A lot of you guys base **** on what a player has done just recently. I base it on their whole work. Wanna know why I changed my tune on Brown? Because it wasn't JUST the playoffs. It wasn't JUST scoring points. He completely changed his game. He got rid of the razzle dazzle ******** that I absolutely hated and just played hard nose hockey and look what happened? Point is I'm not going to follow the crowd just because it's whats popular and I'm certainly not going to award Fraser some ice cream for 9 damn games.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:27 AM
  #32
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I find it ****ing HYSTERICAL how basically everyone agreed he was just an average player with tons of guys like him out there and now...? He's had a good playoffs yes. But guess what? Clifford had a great playoffs vs the Sharks last year and this season he was crap all year. Sorry I'd rather try and upgrade over it and get a guy who's at least proficient in something as compared to Fras who is just average in everything. And driving force? I think Richie and Nolan have both been much better than him. Richie's speed and tenacity are great for that 4th line playoff role on the forecheck and Nolan's size and physicality have been exactly what I knew he could bring when he was called up. Fras is so meh. I won't be really pissed if he comes back but moreso disappointed in not trying to find a better option.




Why? Because I stick to what I believe. A lot of you guys base **** on what a player has done just recently. I base it on their whole work. Wanna know why I changed my tune on Brown? Because it wasn't JUST the playoffs. It wasn't JUST scoring points. He completely changed his game. He got rid of the razzle dazzle ******** that I absolutely hated and just played hard nose hockey and look what happened? Point is I'm not going to follow the crowd just because it's whats popular and I'm certainly not going to award Fraser some ice cream for 9 damn games.
Fraser has been pretty solid all season, Don't know what nine games you are talking about.

Fraser has been pretty lack luster(in the playoffs) if ask me. But I would still trust him over Cliche any day.

There is a reason Cliche is still in the AHL(guys like Lewis on the pro roster). Like I posted above, Cliche to me is just not going to be an NHL player.

I think people forget how hard it is to plug roster spots. It's not easy to replace people (even in bottom pairings). Look how lots of teams in these playoff's have non existent fourth lines.

Colin is not the best fourth liner, but he is doing something right.


Last edited by damacles1156: 05-12-2012 at 03:34 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:35 AM
  #33
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Fraser has been pretty solid all season, Don't know what nine games you are talking about.

Fraser has been pretty lack luster(in the playoffs) if ask me. But I would still trust him over Cliche any day.

There is a reason Cliche is still in the AHL. Like I posted above, Cliche to me is just not going to be an NHL player.
I've actually felt this too. I see more of his play being elevated because it is playoff time but a lot of it to me has to do with his wingers. And I'm talking about the 9 playoff games where he's been such a star for us or something

As for Cliche, you don't know until you try it. Some people are slower to develop. Or hell, Cliche could suck ass. We don't know yet. But his offense has come around a bit over the last 3 years so why not give him a shot? He's not my first choice at all but I really would prefer at least giving him a shot over just being content with a completely average in every aspect player like Fraser.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:38 AM
  #34
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I've actually felt this too. I see more of his play being elevated because it is playoff time but a lot of it to me has to do with his wingers. And I'm talking about the 9 playoff games where he's been such a star for us or something

As for Cliche, you don't know until you try it. Some people are slower to develop. Or hell, Cliche could suck ass. We don't know yet. But his offense has come around a bit over the last 3 years so why not give him a shot? He's not my first choice at all but I really would prefer at least giving him a shot over just being content with a completely average in every aspect player like Fraser.
To me Average is fine(for fourth line), Fraser is not going to cost much, doesn't hurt your team (Cliche has proven so far he will,That is why he is not on an NHL roster). Lewis, Drafted after Cliche, Lewis is an everyday NHL player. One big reason is cause, Lewis doesn't really ever cost his team with bad play.

The Line does exactly what it's suppose to do.

Cliche is 25 going on 26 this coming off season, he doesn't have even 10 NHL games under his belt(Never scored over 45 points in the AHL).. He will be a UFA, I would be shocked if the Kings signed him again. Manchester is Vey's/Hickey's team now if you ask me.

Colin Fraser is going to be 28, has almost 300 NHL games under his belt and a Cup Ring...... No contest man, No contest.


Last edited by damacles1156: 05-12-2012 at 04:04 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:45 AM
  #35
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Why? Because I stick to what I believe. A lot of you guys base **** on what a player has done just recently. I base it on their whole work. Wanna know why I changed my tune on Brown? Because it wasn't JUST the playoffs. It wasn't JUST scoring points. He completely changed his game. He got rid of the razzle dazzle ******** that I absolutely hated and just played hard nose hockey and look what happened? Point is I'm not going to follow the crowd just because it's whats popular and I'm certainly not going to award Fraser some ice cream for 9 damn games.
Fraser has been dominant for three months now. you must still want lombardi and sutter sacked since you stick to your pistols so sternly. afterall, nine games dont mean ****, lol

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:18 AM
  #36
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
To me Average is fine(for fourth line), Fraser is not going to cost much, doesn't hurt your team (Cliche has proven so far he will,That is why he is not on an NHL roster). Lewis, Drafted after Cliche, Lewis is an everyday NHL player. One big reason is cause, Lewis doesn't really ever cost his team with bad play.

The Line does exactly what it's suppose to do.

Cliche is 25 going on 26 this coming off season, he doesn't have even 10 NHL games under his belt(Never scored over 45 points in the AHL).. He will be a UFA, I would be shocked if the Kings signed him again. Manchester is Vey's/Hickey's team now if you ask me.

Colin Fraser is going to be 28, has almost 300 NHL games under his belt and a Cup Ring...... No contest man, No contest.
Lewis was drafted in the 1st round in 2006, Cliche 2nd round in 2005. Cliche also turned 25 at the end of March, so he won't be 26 this coming off-season.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:35 AM
  #37
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Colin Fraser is going to be 28, has almost 300 NHL games under his belt and a Cup Ring...... No contest man, No contest.
Man, I always forget Fraser has a ring already... Add that to the already impressive list of Williams, Penner, Scuderi, who have rings and Stoll, Carter, Richards, Greene, who played in the finals and that's a crazy amount of playoff experience sprinkled throughout a fairly young roster...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
  #38
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Remember when everyone was up in arms about this trade?
I don't recall anyone being up in arms about that trade. Everyone was happy to get Smyth's salary off of the cap so they could make the Richards trade and sign Gagne.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
  #39
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Again this ring BS. Why do I even try, people are like flock of sheep.

Cnshockey, I don't necessarily agree with all of your arguments regarding Fraser, but kudos to you for being one of the 7 forum members who actually think about Fraser with their own head instead of following the "playoff tested warrior" and "he has a ring" BS that Hammond has come up with.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:00 PM
  #40
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I don't recall anyone being up in arms about that trade. Everyone was happy to get Smyth's salary off of the cap so they could make the Richards trade and sign Gagne.
Not entirely true, there was a lot around here that were pissed at the return and that they got an injured player back in Fraser. So yeah while people may have been happy to be rid of Smyth, they weren't pleased at the return or the circumstances surrounding it.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:18 AM
  #41
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Again this ring BS. Why do I even try, people are like flock of sheep.

Cnshockey, I don't necessarily agree with all of your arguments regarding Fraser, but kudos to you for being one of the 7 forum members who actually think about Fraser with their own head instead of following the "playoff tested warrior" and "he has a ring" BS that Hammond has come up with.
Agreed. Dude plays decent hockey and suddenly people want to pay him about 50% above his pay scale. Do a little research and look at comparible players. There's not many forwards who have 13 points in the past 135 games (playoffs included), playing well under 10 minutes a game, making $1 million a year or more.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.