HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

ECSF - Game One - Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers PART II

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
PhillyU

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
what is that anyway?
It is the Philadelphia Union's goal song and they have a good relationship with the Flyers and they asked if they could use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385luvMXOmU
It's from this song... its annoying but really catchy.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
PhillyU

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Its the song "Maria, I Like it Loud" by Scooter.

The Philadelphia Union soccer team uses it as its goal song, and, to my understanding, Danny Briere requested it to be their playoff goal song last year and (unfortunately) it stuck.

So, basically, you've got a bunch of fat, drunk, scruffy, redfaced Flyers fans screaming DOOP whenever they score. When they won in OT, I made a bee-line for the exit, as I don't think I couldve tolerated that without throwing some punches.
Didn't see your post.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Talk, talk - blah, blah, blah..
who gives a truck?
Your closest Chevy dealer?

Old
04-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Rella17

eh sucks to lose in OT but i think we showed that it wont be the cakewalk everyone else though it would be for philly. we just need to go out and win game 2, simple as that.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Muster up a handful of shots for two periods. Blame Volchenkov.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
lol...i just listened to this song. holy **** i think my ears just bled.

i usually ignore the goal songs...but wow that's bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FTd...eature=related

Senators goal song (starts @ 1:00 mark), not a whole lot better.

How about Chelsea Dagger or The Whip by Locksley (TML goal song)?

This one`s my favorite. Sucks they will never get back into the POs.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The Isles have that song the Wild use too. Or at least this year they did.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:24 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The Isles have that song the Wild use too. Or at least this year they did.
It's called "Crowd Chant" by Joe Satriani. I wish we had it.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

That Scooter song is the only thing I like about the Flyers. Scooter is awesome.

Haters gonna hate.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:31 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Kovalchuk has to be injured cause he's playing like crap but all in all, we played a solid road game and was one shot away from landing home ice advantage and shocking alot of people by winning game #1.

I'd really like to see Larsson over Volchenkov but I doubt I'll get my wish. I hope Lou will try and move him in the offseason in order to clear cap space and possibly land Suter via free agency or even Luongo.

Paying him 4.25M$ for the next multiple years is a absolute joke of a contract. Zidlicky and Greene are playing real well and I'm certain Adam would be as effective since he sees the ice real well and wouldn't fumble the god damn puck 24/7 or **** up when attempting to clear the puck on the PK.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Not pleased with the results but the overall game wasnt too bad from the Devils. The first period they were all over the Flyers for the majority but then they just got overwhelmed and got into penalty trouble. Penalties will kill them if they continue to take completely unneccessary penalties. Marty played outstanding tonight, he stepped up his game to another level and I expected the team to rally around that but I was wrong.

For the most part, the Devils werent expected to put up much of a fight in this series but already from game 1 have taken it to OT and put up a great battle. Brzy was allegedly the biggest mountain to climb for them coming into the series and they solved him early and capitalized on some good chances. It's only game 1 but this makes game 2 a near must win.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Every time they say "we have to stay out of the box" they take a ridiculous amount of penalties. An increasing amount, too.

Perhaps they can reverse jinx themselves and say they want to spend 60 minutes practicing their penalty kill.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
KovalchukFistPump

Sorry, not even the Flyers can make me hate this song. I've loved Scooter for awhile though; they're so stereotypically Eurotrash with the broken English and cracked out techno beats, it's just awesome music to jam to especially in the summer.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Really not surprised at what I saw today. The Devils just finished a tough 7 game series and didn't have much time to rest, turn around, and start this series. The team looked worn out and rightfully so. The Flyers had a week off and were able to rest a bit, so I expected them to out skate us and beat us with speed. The fact that we were so solid the first period was very encouraging.
If anything I think it's the other way around, this game was our best chance to get them early in the series because they'd had a week off, and you could see the difference in their play between the first period and the rest of the game. We couldn't take advantage of our dominance in the first and once they got going, we couldn't stop them 'at all'.

If the last 45 minutes were the best we could play, this is going to be as short a series as pretty much any of the predictors said it would.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:40 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Marty needs to stay in his net a little more but with our offensively challenged blueline, I'm 200% convinced that he feels the need to play the puck when guys like Sal, Volch, Fayne, etc are on the ice.

That 2nd goal they scored was a disaster of a play and shouldn't happen in the post season... especially twice.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:47 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's not even a question at this point, he's clearly playing with some nagging injury.

Not chastising you for this, but I think we need to sticky a thread at the top of the board saying in block letters: "YES KOVY IS PLAYING HURT, STOP ASKING", just so the interlopers don't keep pestering us about it.
I'm surprised there aren't four different threads about Kovy the way there are on NJDevs already. I mean everyone's being a reactionary with the bench him talk. First of all, it's not going to do any good for whatever his injury is, him sitting for six days going into the playoffs didn't help, and he was looking slow even 'then'. Secondly, nobody you put in is going to even match the level of 20-30% of Kovy. You can put in a Zharkov and have him play 8-10 minutes, which is all he'd play anyway, fine...then who takes the other 10-12 Kovy's getting? Everyone else would have to be overplayed, and then someone else would break down without the offensive threat Kovy still provides on the PP or in space.

The only thing you could really do is take him off the PK, he doesn't have the explosiveness to be a weapon on that and it would help reduce his icetime...plus you have other guys that can play on a third PK unit (after Parise-Henrique and Elias-Zubrus) if need be.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Z-Z Pop1915
LGD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
If anything I think it's the other way around, this game was our best chance to get them early in the series because they'd had a week off, and you could see the difference in their play between the first period and the rest of the game. We couldn't take advantage of our dominance in the first and once they got going, we couldn't stop them 'at all'.

If the last 45 minutes were the best we could play, this is going to be as short a series as pretty much any of the predictors said it would.
My sentiments exactly.

I think we are going to have to play some pretty perfect hockey games to win this series. The 2 minute MISTAKES video package NBC had after the game summed up why we are down 1-0 in the series. But I am pretty confident if we do fix that ****, we can play with them.

Would love to steal Game 2.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The penalties being called 6 to 3 today didnt help either.

Again the Devils got screwed.

I'm not saying the refs were terrible, but if you legitimately think the Devils committed TWICE the penalties as the Flyers today, you're cray-cray.
Lose game, complain about the refs...I guess that's par for the course here.

Actually, one of the ones we 'did' get was chintzy, when Henrique was barely touched on the breakaway. But we got dominated for two periods plus and dominated them for one. Having the penalties be at a 2-1 ratio is pretty much fair given that.

And yeah there probably could have been interference on the last goal if it were a different point in the game, not after the Flyers already had a goal disallowed two minutes earlier. It would take Kerry Fraser-type nuts to disallow the second one...but the Flyers were getting one sooner or later in the OT anyway.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 04-29-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Marty needs to stay in his net a little more but with our offensively challenged blueline, I'm 200% convinced that he feels the need to play the puck when guys like Sal, Volch, Fayne, etc are on the ice.

That 2nd goal they scored was a disaster of a play and shouldn't happen in the post season... especially twice.
Yeah, that simply can't happen.

But, like you pointed out, I'm sure he feels he has to do it. I'm also sure he'd rather take the risk playing the puck, than have our cement-for-hands defensemen botch a play and give the opponent a point blank odd-man advantage.

But, with his gaffes so far this postseason, I can't imagine he's still overconfident playing the puck in traffic.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
The 29th Pick
The 30th Pick

Next game is big, we were in this game till the end, and couldve actually won, but same ole story...we have to stay out of the penalty box..blah blah blah

Old
04-29-2012, 09:58 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
Muster up a handful of shots for two periods. Blame Volchenkov.
Volchenkov's complete inability to move the puck in a positive direction is a big reason the ice was tilted so much in the Flyers' favor. He's not the only defensman who sucks at it, but he's the worst.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Volchenkov's complete inability to move the puck in a positive direction is a big reason the ice was tilted so much in the Flyers' favor. He's not the only one who sucks at it, but he's the worst.
Sick double post bruh

But, yeah, I agree with you. Volchenkov is painfully slow when it comes to attacking the puck, and, when he does get to it, his clearing shots are usually weak and bat-down-able. Like you said, he isn't the only one, but he definitely is the worst.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Why was Kovy moved to right wing? Did we ever find an answer to that? Was this part of the attempt in making him a defensive 2 way player or something?

Old
04-29-2012, 10:20 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Why was Kovy moved to right wing? Did we ever find an answer to that? Was this part of the attempt in making him a defensive 2 way player or something?
To keep him on the top line while Parise remained at LW.
Now on the 2nd line, they're keeping Poni comfortable at LW too, I guess.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
To keep him on the top line while Parise remained at LW.
Now on the 2nd line, they're keeping Poni comfortable at LW too, I guess.
Makes sense I guess.

Now we can all agree he was moved down there with Poni, and away from Zach cause of his injury, and not to spark lines right?

Closed Thread