HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF - Game One - Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
  #876
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
hes channeling his inner dipietro most nights. he needs to seriously smarten up.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
  #877
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
I understand Kovy is everyone's favorite punching bag, and he should have hit the net. But, why is Harrold getting excused for his bad pinch? Because it's Peter Harrold? Still doesn't excuse the fact he was practically blanketing Kovy in the exact same spot.

Either way, what can you do.
Harrold did not have a very good game. I wouldn't wanna sit him after a bad one when Volchenkov has an awful series vs Florida, and was never benched. It's common sense to see why he would be benched before Volch though I guess.

No one wants to admit it now, but when the Flyers were cleaning the Penguins clock a lot of people wished we had a Giroux like player. I wish we did too. Not the Giroux, but a Giroux.

We could have had Giroux in the 06 draft! Instead we got Corrente who was supposed to be Carolina's pick, and they won the Cup. I don't remember what we traded to end up with their pick. We also traded our pick to St Louis in that draft, and they got Patrick Berglund! He's wound up having a pretty good career, and Corrente needed injuries on the blue line to even get called up after playing in Albany or Lowell I guess for a couple years.

We pick some real winners. Tedenby yuck, Bergfors. Hope Larsson bounces back. Our best draft picks that are helping us the most now, and have helped us the most have been Adam Henrique, and Mark Fayne. Late round picks.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
  #878
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
i want larsson to get playtime as much as everyone else, but even harrold on a bad night is still better than adams possible trepidation. of course, he could surprise us all with his nordic ice blood, be cool and collected and really thrive with the pressure. who knows. im not sure id take harrold out just yet, but im ok with them rolling 7 dmen if needed. if kovy does in fact miss a game from his not injured injury.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
  #879
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,523
vCash: 500
How long is Sal going to hold the puck in the offensive zone at the blue line when somebody passes it to him?

Every time he gets it he waits, brings it back as if he is going to shoot it, then waits some more and by that time there is no way to get a shot off without shooting it into an opposing player

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
  #880
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
How long is Sal going to hold the puck in the offensive zone at the blue line when somebody passes it to him?

Every time he gets it he waits, brings it back as if he is going to shoot it, then waits some more and by that time there is no way to get a shot off without shooting it into an opposing player
ive been *****ing about this forever too. he also never looks at his partner for help, or even as an option.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #881
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
ive been *****ing about this forever too. he also never looks at his partner for help, or even as an option.
We don't get enough shots through to the net from our defense men or any player really to begin with so I haven't been able to figure out all season why he's been waiting and waiting

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
  #882
Devils Nick30
Registered User
 
Devils Nick30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
i want larsson to get playtime as much as everyone else, but even harrold on a bad night is still better than adams possible trepidation. of course, he could surprise us all with his nordic ice blood, be cool and collected and really thrive with the pressure. who knows. im not sure id take harrold out just yet, but im ok with them rolling 7 dmen if needed. if kovy does in fact miss a game from his not injured injury.

Devils Nick30 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
  #883
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
The other thing about Sal's "move" is that the defense knows it's coming and that it's really all he's got. They give him some space to try and pull that move and then pounce because at that point, he has no other option.

I love Sal, but puck handling ain't his thing. Unfortunately he ends up with it more often than not as everyone else ends up being well covered. That and no one is crashing the net.

MadDog172430 is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
  #884
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
I have a friend who just started watching hockey. He watches the Devils, and he also watches other games like these playoff games around the league. On the phone last week he says to me ''How come all these other teams have someone at the net right outside the crease on their PP, but the Devils don't? I noticed that. That's one thing I notice.'' I says to him good question. Right after that game Kovy scored that PP garbage goal in game 6. I told him that's what he was looking for!

We usually don't have an organized PP like that. We also don't screen the goaltender enough, and when we do it's usually an accident, and not even intentional. I think we screen our own goaltenders more than we screen the other teams.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:24 PM
  #885
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
so marty has a few assists. ok. im talking about when he needs to clear the zone with pressure on. when nobody is in the zone, yea hes got a great outlet pass. but in the zone, hilarity ensues.
marty got a few assists…then the panthers learned…then they capitalized.

the flyers learned…and now they’ll capitalize. they WANT marty playing the puck. I love marty, but let just stop the puck behind the net and let the D take it. at the very least, it’ll confuse the flyer forecheckers.

in any case, I always hear the benny hill theme when he comes out of the net now.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
  #886
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,660
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
We could have had Giroux in the 06 draft! Instead we got Corrente who was supposed to be Carolina's pick, and they won the Cup. I don't remember what we traded to end up with their pick. We also traded our pick to St Louis in that draft, and they got Patrick Berglund! He's wound up having a pretty good career, and Corrente needed injuries on the blue line to even get called up after playing in Albany or Lowell I guess for a couple years.

We pick some real winners. Tedenby yuck, Bergfors. Hope Larsson bounces back. Our best draft picks that are helping us the most now, and have helped us the most have been Adam Henrique, and Mark Fayne. Late round picks.
This is just really wrong. We had the 25th overall pick in 2006 going into the draft, Giroux was off the board at 22. We traded with St. Louis to get the CAR's 1st (30th) overall that St. Louis had from the Tkachuk deal at the deadline. When we traded down, we also got the 77th overall which ended up being Zharkov.

And we're going to call Tedenby a bust already? He's 22 years old. He shouldn't even have been in the NHL, he clearly was rushed because we had a severe lack of talent on our team and a sit load of injuries. Players contributing at the NHL level are becoming increasingly common, but are no way the norm. Look at a guy like Boedker, who was drafted in the same year as Teddy in the top-10, it took him until literally two weeks ago to start playing like the player he was drafted to be. Before then his stats were eerily similar to Teddy's.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
  #887
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
in any case, I always hear the benny hill theme when he comes out of the net now.
LOL. I had to look up the theme cause it's been so long since I heard it!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
  #888
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This is just really wrong. We had the 25th overall pick in 2006 going into the draft, Giroux was off the board at 22. We traded with St. Louis to get the CAR's 1st (30th) overall that St. Louis had from the Tkachuk deal at the deadline. When we traded down, we also got the 77th overall which ended up being Zharkov.

And we're going to call Tedenby a bust already? He's 22 years old. He shouldn't even have been in the NHL, he clearly was rushed because we had a severe lack of talent on our team and a sit load of injuries. Players contributing at the NHL level are becoming increasingly common, but are no way the norm. Look at a guy like Boedker, who was drafted in the same year as Teddy in the top-10, it took him until literally two weeks ago to start playing like the player he was drafted to be. Before then his stats were eerily similar to Teddy's.
I know we didn't miss out on having Giroux in the draft. We were a few off.

Tedenby I can't stand the way he played this year. I can't believe he might be a top 6 player one day. Not on our team. I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for a good package though I'm glad we got rid of Palmieri first.

Nothing anyone says to me about Tedenby is going to change my mind, and make me like him. I know there's a big obsession with him, but not by me. You can call me stupid or say I don't know what I'm talking about. If he's in our top 6 next year we're in real trouble especially if Parise is gone, and there is no replacement for him. I mean real trouble. I'm talking apocalypse.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I can't believe he's a 2nd liner.

I'm a MUCH bigger fan of Josefson's. If he can stay uninjured for long enough. I like what I see out of him as far as a future goes. Oddly enough Tedenby was our best player when John Maclean was coach.

I do realize he might not be as bad as he was this year. Okay DEFINITELY won't be as bad as he was this year. I can't see him racking up points at all, but really I don't know what his MO or specialty is supposed to be. I know a lot of people wanted him in 08 though before we did draft him.


Last edited by Bleedred: 04-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
  #889
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This is just really wrong. We had the 25th overall pick in 2006 going into the draft, Giroux was off the board at 22. We traded with St. Louis to get the CAR's 1st (30th) overall that St. Louis had from the Tkachuk deal at the deadline. When we traded down, we also got the 77th overall which ended up being Zharkov.

And we're going to call Tedenby a bust already? He's 22 years old. He shouldn't even have been in the NHL, he clearly was rushed because we had a severe lack of talent on our team and a sit load of injuries. Players contributing at the NHL level are becoming increasingly common, but are no way the norm. Look at a guy like Boedker, who was drafted in the same year as Teddy in the top-10, it took him until literally two weeks ago to start playing like the player he was drafted to be. Before then his stats were eerily similar to Teddy's.
Seriously. Around here it seems if you don't produce immediately you're a bust. Screw development, be ready now!

MadDog172430 is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  #890
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Series over people why we still talking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I have a friend who just started watching hockey. He watches the Devils, and he also watches other games like these playoff games around the league. On the phone last week he says to me ''How come all these other teams have someone at the net right outside the crease on their PP, but the Devils don't? I noticed that. That's one thing I notice.'' I says to him good question. Right after that game Kovy scored that PP garbage goal in game 6. I told him that's what he was looking for!

We usually don't have an organized PP like that. We also don't screen the goaltender enough, and when we do it's usually an accident, and not even intentional. I think we screen our own goaltenders more than we screen the other teams.
Ya but they have that nice little triangle going on below the circle that looks very promising.


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
  #891
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
Seriously. Around here it seems if you don't produce immediately you're a bust. Screw development, be ready now!
Like I said don't care for him. I think he will be a bust. Dinner's on me if I'm wrong.

Then again bust could mean different things. Bust as in no NHL future? Or bust as in no top 6 future? I think he has an NHL future.

Josefson don't produce much or at least hasn't yet. I like him. Bernier didn't produce much before these playoffs I like him. I just don't like Tedenby much. Is he supposed to be a Zubrus type physical player? I mean when he was playing overseas? Can't say I followed him over there.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
  #892
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Marty is fine stickhandling anyone who thinks he can't do it anymore is silly. And with the NHL moving the lines behind the net it will be even better for Marty. The flyers adjusted to Marty handling the puck is all but yes that wasn't his best game stickhandling after the first period (so I am not bias but to say he can't do it anymore is just stupid)

Edit: However, its not going to be 25 year old stickhandling now people geez but he is still great at it. People really need to stop expecting 25 year old Broduer. He still has it but its not going to be the same!

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:13 PM
  #893
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Marty is fine stickhandling anyone who thinks he can't do it anymore is silly. And with the NHL moving the lines behind the net it will be even better for Marty. The flyers adjusted to Marty handling the puck is all but yes that wasn't his best game stickhandling after the first period (so I am not bias but to say he can't do it anymore is just stupid)

Edit: However, its not going to be 25 year old stickhandling now people geez but he is still great at it. People really need to stop expecting 25 year old Broduer. He still has it but its not going to be the same!
He usually doesn't have the stick handling problem. It's only happened a few times this year, but it's happened 3 times in the last month or so. Pittsburgh, once in Florida, and once yesterday. This game was the only one we lost by a goal anyway.

Mike Smith is being heralded as a great puck handler, and even he caused a big gaffe, and a goal against in game 1 of Phoenix series with Nashville.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:14 PM
  #894
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,191
vCash: 500
Marty is still the best at playing the puck. It really is rare for him to get caught.

I would rather have a goalie who plays the puck and take that risk. Watching goalies who are too scared to play it drives me crazy.

It adds a lot of options to your breakout. Especially on the powerplay.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
  #895
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 19,657
vCash: 500
Tedenby has offensive skills and speed you can't teach. His work ethic and tenacity are also underrated. He was rushed into the NHL and I think that hurt his development somewhat. Yes, he has huge defensive shortcomings, but his upside is too large to give up on just yet.


TheUnseenHand is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
  #896
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
I love his OT goal from last year. Come on Teddy, we miss you, get your **** together!

MadDog172430 is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
  #897
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,191
vCash: 500
I don't think they've given up on him. But even as a big fan of Tedenby, there really is no argument that Gionta wasn't the right choice to call up for the playoffs. He has scored some big goals. And he never really looks lost. At times I want to say he has been our best player during the playoffs.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
  #898
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 19,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I don't think they've given up on him. But even as a big fan of Tedenby, there really is no argument that Gionta wasn't the right choice to call up for the playoffs. He has scored some big goals. And he never really looks lost. At times I want to say he has been our best player during the playoffs.
For sure. No way Tedenby should have been thrown into the playoffs. I just think it's far too early to give up on him as a prospect as some on here seemed to have done.

TheUnseenHand is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 04:25 PM
  #899
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
For sure. No way Tedenby should have been thrown into the playoffs. I just think it's far too early to give up on him as a prospect as some on here seemed to have done.
I agree. I think they may need scoring ability as soon as next season. We could easily lose two of our best wingers in Parise and Sykora. No question Tedenby has scoring ability, he just needs to find a way to apply it at the NHL level.

IMO the people who were discussing trading him this year are short-sighted.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:04 PM
  #900
drew13btv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I agree. I think they may need scoring ability as soon as next season. We could easily lose two of our best wingers in Parise and Sykora. No question Tedenby has scoring ability, he just needs to find a way to apply it at the NHL level.

IMO the people who were discussing trading him this year are short-sighted.
At this point I think Bernier could easily replace Sykora and do a better job than him. Doesn't have snipe shot but the speed and work ethic can make up for that I think.

drew13btv is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.