HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

ECSF - Game One - Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
  #901
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,289
vCash: 500
I don't think the 4th line played enough in Game-1.
Let em play more PDB

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
  #902
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
He usually doesn't have the stick handling problem. It's only happened a few times this year, but it's happened 3 times in the last month or so. Pittsburgh, once in Florida, and once yesterday. This game was the only one we lost by a goal anyway.

Mike Smith is being heralded as a great puck handler, and even he caused a big gaffe, and a goal against in game 1 of Phoenix series with Nashville.
I know but you had to know I would same something. lol I just don't get why people are up in arms and sayig he completely horrible at it now. As long as it once a series we should all be able to live with it instead of getting up in arms about it.


Even the great ones make mistake but its alway far in between and never really twice in one game!

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
  #903
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
The other thing about Sal's "move" is that the defense knows it's coming and that it's really all he's got. They give him some space to try and pull that move and then pounce because at that point, he has no other option.

I love Sal, but puck handling ain't his thing. Unfortunately he ends up with it more often than not as everyone else ends up being well covered. That and no one is crashing the net.
Our entire defense is too predictable and easy to defend. I don't know how many times the forwards will have a good cycle going, then pass it back to the point and have it all ****ed up by an easily blocked shot or terrible pass. We just don't have enough guys back there that are comfortable with the puck.

MadDevil is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
  #904
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 38,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Our entire defense is too predictable and easy to defend. I don't know how many times the forwards will have a good cycle going, then pass it back to the point and have it all ****ed up by an easily blocked shot or terrible pass. We just don't have enough guys back there that are comfortable with the puck.
It's been this way for years.

And Lou's big free agent signing on D was Volchenkov...

TheDevilMadeMe is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
  #905
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I know but you had to know I would same something. lol I just don't get why people are up in arms and sayig he completely horrible at it now. As long as it once a series we should all be able to live with it instead of getting up in arms about it.


Even the great ones make mistake but its alway far in between and never really twice in one game!
It's okay bud. Anything around here that's less than a shutout is Marty's fault to many posters. Any goal against needs to be justified. It's even to the point that if Marty does get a shutout it's called ''Easy'' when really the Panthers challenged him plenty during the shutout. I feel it's within our rights to criticize Marty or any player. I am amazed at the disrespect he gets, and people claiming to be Devils fans sounding like Rangers fans. People give Marty a harder time than John Maclean was given when he ruined our entire season, and called the fans effing selfish for booing them. People were unhappy with him, but I didn't see the hate for him that I see after Marty plays a bad game. Marty might have cost us games. Maclean cost us an entire season, and was selfish enough to take a paycheck for it.

My favorite ones. ''Marty sucks, and has been choking in the playoffs since 04!, hasn't won a Cup since Stevens, Neidermayer, and Daneyko left/retired.''

Mario Lemieux is often called the greatest player in the game ever. He won two Stanley Cups, two years in a row earlier in his career. Played 8 years after that never winning a Cup again. Though he did retire for a few years before returning, not to mention didn't play full seasons at the end there. Not my point.

Gretzky another often called the greatest of all time while still producing points though not as much as early in his career never won another Cup after he left Edmonton. He played for 11 seasons after this. Made only one Cup appearance, and played on non playoff teams towards the end of his career in the 90s.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
  #906
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
It's been this way for years.

And Lou's big free agent signing on D was Volchenkov...
Why can't Larsson and Merrill be 3 years older?

MadDevil is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
  #907
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
i want larsson to get playtime as much as everyone else, but even harrold on a bad night is still better than adams possible trepidation. of course, he could surprise us all with his nordic ice blood, be cool and collected and really thrive with the pressure. who knows. im not sure id take harrold out just yet, but im ok with them rolling 7 dmen if needed. if kovy does in fact miss a game from his not injured injury.
Larsson has had playoff experience from his time in the SEL with Skelleftea. It's obviously not quite the same, but it's experience in pressure situations nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
Seriously. Around here it seems if you don't produce immediately you're a bust. Screw development, be ready now!
I think everyone has had their expectations for reasonable development time ruined by guys like Crosby and Ovechkin, who entered the league as instant superstars. Patience is no longer something we have when it comes to prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I don't think the 4th line played enough in Game-1.
Let em play more PDB
They won't have as easy a time against the Flyers' fourth line, because they have some quality depth that Florida simply didn't have. But I agree, they should play more.

Saugus is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
  #908
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,264
vCash: 500
I just realized I forgot to post Come One Eileen in the GDT like for Games 6+7. That loss was clearly my fault.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:18 PM
  #909
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,470
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
It's been this way for years.

And Lou's big free agent signing on D was Volchenkov...
Volchenkov was an excellent defensive defensemen until about 3 weeks ago.

He's been BRUTAL lately on defense but it's a little unfair to criticize him for lack of offensive production. We knew what we were getting when he signed him, and as mediocre as our defense has been the last two seasons it would have been even worse without him.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
  #910
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's okay bud. Anything around here that's less than a shutout is Marty's fault to many posters. Any goal against needs to be justified. It's even to the point that if Marty does get a shutout it's called ''Easy'' when really the Panthers challenged him plenty during the shutout. I feel it's within our rights to criticize Marty or any player. I am amazed at the disrespect he gets, and people claiming to be Devils fans sounding like Rangers fans. People give Marty a harder time than John Maclean was given when he ruined our entire season, and called the fans effing selfish for booing them. People were unhappy with him, but I didn't see the hate for him that I see after Marty plays a bad game. Marty might have cost us games. Maclean cost us an entire season, and was selfish enough to take a paycheck for it.

My favorite ones. ''Marty sucks, and has been choking in the playoffs since 04!, hasn't won a Cup since Stevens, Neidermayer, and Daneyko left/retired.''

Mario Lemieux is often called the greatest player in the game ever. He won two Stanley Cups, two years in a row earlier in his career. Played 8 years after that never winning a Cup again. Though he did retire for a few years before returning, not to mention didn't play full seasons at the end there. Not my point.

Gretzky another often called the greatest of all time while still producing points though not as much as early in his career never won another Cup after he left Edmonton. He played for 11 seasons after this. Made only one Cup appearance, and played on non playoff teams towards the end of his career in the 90s.
Agreed................Its that disrespect Marty gets around here that drives me to defend Marty so hard that people call me bias.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
  #911
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I know but you had to know I would same something. lol I just don't get why people are up in arms and sayig he completely horrible at it now. As long as it once a series we should all be able to live with it instead of getting up in arms about it.


Even the great ones make mistake but its alway far in between and never really twice in one game!
I've been easy on Brodeur since the late stages of the regular season because his play has been much improved. I haven't had a huge problem with him playing the puck because he's still great at it and it breaks up a lot of dump and chases.

That being said, he's given up two goals because of pure stupidity. The Versteeg one was the single dumbest play he's made since he dropped his stick in 2003 vs. the Ducks, and while I see what he wanted to do yesterday, it's a high risk, low reward situation. He needs to pick his spots better. Just because the puck is going around the boards doesn't mean he has to leave the net. There are so many times where he misses it, and I'm thinking... if he gained control of that puck, nothing that great could have happened anyway. He'll rebound though, I'm sure. I can see him pitching a shutout tomorrow, really shutting Philly up.

This series is definitely winnable.

apice3* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
  #912
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Agreed................Its that disrespect Marty gets around here that drives me to defend Marty so hard that people call me bias.
I don't see it as much here as I do the TG blog where anyone can post if they can figure out the captcha.

This isn't some younger overpaid POS like Cam Ward who gives up more softies than an ice cream machine, or some rookie like Braden Holtby.

It's a 40 year old man who played more games by the time he was 28 than a 36 year old career long starter played in a career. There are a good amount of posters here that come out of the woodwork. Marty gets a shutout nowhere to be found. We lose they're in full force. Sometimes they even come on here if we win a game 5-1. Marty gave up a goal? Not good enough should have been a shutout.

I do remember Marty giving the puck away in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2000 against the Flyers. Forgot who he gave it to, but they put it right into the empty net. It was game 4, and we went down 3 games to 1. This was the game Larry Robinson went ballistic after the game, and the team came back, and won 3 in a row advancing to, and winning the Cup Finals.

Marty's rebound control isn't what it used to be. We're supposed to have a defenseman who can help with that, but they clearly can't when it matters the most. Remember no goaltender has played more games than Martin Brodeur. None in history, and none that are playing right now. So if he gives up a bad goal or has a bad game here, and there you have to remember. This is a 40 year old man that probably played the average games a full time starting goaltender with a decent career played in by the time he was 30 years old.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
  #913
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,470
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't see it as much here as I do the TG blog where anyone can post if they can figure out the captcha.

This isn't some younger overpaid POS like Cam Ward who gives up more softies than an ice cream machine, or some rookie like Braden Holtby.

It's a 40 year old man who played more games by the time he was 28 than a 36 year old career long starter played in a career. There are a good amount of posters here that come out of the woodwork. Marty gets a shutout nowhere to be found. We lose they're in full force. Sometimes they even come on here if we win a game 5-1. Marty gave up a goal? Not good enough should have been a shutout.

I do remember Marty giving the puck away in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2000 against the Flyers. Forgot who he gave it to, but they put it right into the empty net. It was game 4, and we went down 3 games to 1. This was the game Larry Robinson went ballistic after the game, and the team came back, and won 3 in a row advancing to, and winning the Cup Finals.

Marty's rebound control isn't what it used to be. We're supposed to have a defenseman who can help with that, but they clearly can't when it matters the most. Remember no goaltender has played more games than Martin Brodeur. None in history, and none that are playing right now. So if he gives up a bad goal or has a bad game here, and there you have to remember. This is a 40 year old man that probably played the average games a full time starting goaltender with a decent career played in by the time he was 30 years old.
That POS has a Conn Smythe, something Marty doesn't have and never will have.

And LOL at criticizing anyone for softies. I love Marty to death but he's lead the league in that department for 10 years.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 06:55 PM
  #914
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
That POS has a Conn Smythe, something Marty doesn't have and never will have.

And LOL at criticizing anyone for softies. I love Marty to death but he's lead the league in that department for 10 years.
Cam Ward has sucked since that season. Some games he's good. He outplayed Marty in the 06 playoffs, and even more during the 09 playoffs. Where has he been since? On the golf course early every Spring? How many playoff appearances in his career? 2?

The game this year in November he, and Marty had a contest to see who could give up the most softies. That was back when Marty just got back from injury, and was sucky for that stretch, and giving up lots of weak goals. Cam Ward won with 2 softies to 1.

Watch the video of the game highlights.

In my opinion Marty is the 03 Conn Smythe winner. Cam Ward is Sean Burke only with a Cup ring, and a Conn Smythe. You really like Cam Ward? LOL!!!!

I'm not bitter at Ward, but he's very overrated. He's not as bad as the Canes are or his record is, but he's not worthy of a Vezina either. Two good years in like 7?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:02 PM
  #915
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Cam Ward has sucked since that season. Some games he's good. He outplayed Marty in the 06 playoffs, and even more during the 09 playoffs. Where has he been since? On the golf course early every Spring? How many playoff appearances in his career? 2?

The game this year in November he, and Marty had a contest to see who could give up the most softies. That was back when Marty just got back from injury, and was sucky for that stretch, and giving up lots of weak goals. Cam Ward won with 2 softies to 1.

Watch the video of the game highlights.

In my opinion Marty is the 03 Conn Smythe winner. Cam Ward is Sean Burke only with a Cup ring, and a Conn Smythe. You really like Cam Ward? LOL!!!!

I'm not bitter at Ward, but he's very overrated. He's not as bad as the Canes are or his record is, but he's not worthy of a Vezina either. Two good years in like 7?
You have this ridiculous hatred for the Hurricanes that I don't understand. Cam Ward is one of the 5 best goalies in the league. For someone who defends Marty left and right and blames his defense for a lot of his blunders, you should understand where Cam Ward comes from. Even look at the D he had when he won the Cup. He's never once had a good defense. I honestly can't guess who their best D-man has been since the lockout, because no one stands out.

apice3* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
  #916
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You have this ridiculous hatred for the Hurricanes that I don't understand. Cam Ward is one of the 5 best goalies in the league. For someone who defends Marty left and right and blames his defense for a lot of his blunders, you should understand where Cam Ward comes from. Even look at the D he had when he won the Cup. He's never once had a good defense. I honestly can't guess who their best D-man has been since the lockout, because no one stands out.
Like I said. Cam Ward isn't as bad as the Canes. I can't say top 5 that's absurd. Very absurd.

He reminds me of Sean Burke. Great goaltender for the Devils in 1988 predicted to break Terry Sawchuk's record of most wins. That's who held it at the time. He was a bust after that, and spent the next few years fighting with Terreri for the starting job. Had later success elsewhere with the Whalers, and Coyotes. Never won a Cup.

Cam Ward can't say is top 5 in the league. Marty gives up softies. He's 40, and has played in 1300+ counting playoff games. Cam has his good games here, and there. I think Ryan Miller is better than Cam Ward. When he actually is awake that is.

Cam Ward choked last time he played at Prudential Center. I realize not all of his games are this bad though. Do I need to post the video?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
  #917
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Volchenkov was an excellent defensive defensemen until about 3 weeks ago.

He's been BRUTAL lately on defense but it's a little unfair to criticize him for lack of offensive production. We knew what we were getting when he signed him, and as mediocre as our defense has been the last two seasons it would have been even worse without him.
TheDevilMadeMe wanted Tallinder waived and now he has been harping on Volchenkov for the past two weeks. He was no where to be seen when Volchenkov was our best defenseman down the stretch.

The guy is a soldier and is clearly hurt. I've seen his playoff work in Ottawa and there aren't many defensive defenseman I'd want to go to war with then Volchenkov when he's healthy.

He's trying his best out there dealing with whatever injury he has. I'd guess a concussion but he's hiding it because that is the type of soldier he is.

And on top of it he has not been used correctly ever since he signed here. We had the best PK post expansion era and he was the main reason for that defenseman wise . He gets hurt and look how bad our PK is even with a healthy Salvador.

He's slowly getting better but is still only at half speed. Cut him some damn slack.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
  #918
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Like I said. Cam Ward isn't as bad as the Canes. I can't say top 5 that's absurd. Very absurd.

He reminds me of Sean Burke. Great goaltender for the Devils in 1988 predicted to break Terry Sawchuk's record of most wins. That's who held it at the time. He was a bust after that, and spent the next few years fighting with Terreri for the starting job. Had later success elsewhere with the Whalers, and Coyotes. Never won a Cup.

Cam Ward didn't become top 5 in the league. Marty gives up softies. He's 40, and has played in 1300+ counting playoff games.

Cam Ward choked last time he played at Prudential Center. I realize not all of his games are this bad though. Do I need to post the video?
Comparing Ward to Burke is among the worst comparisons I've seen on this site.

apice3* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
  #919
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
I'm being ganged up on by Devils fans that Cam Ward is a better goaltender than Marty cause he had a Conn Smythe.

Is Cam Ward better than Marty now? Won't even debate it, because he may very well be.

Understandable Wayne Gretzky was not the greatest player in the league anymore by 1998. Mario Lemeiux hadn't lost a step when he returned in 2000/2001 after being retired for 3 years, and still produced over a point per game pace. He wasn't the greatest anymore by 2004.

Is Marty the greatest goaltender in the league right now? I can't say so. Is he good enough to be reliable MOST of the time? He's been fairly consistent since post ASB. Had a rough game last series.

Will Cam Ward be as good as Marty was? NO. Will Cam Ward be better than Marty at 40? If he's is, and if he's still playing I hope I'm not alive to see it.

Cam Ward is better than Marty now? I sure hope so. 27 year old goaltender vs a 40 year goaltender with the wear, and tear of a 50+ year old.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
  #920
manisback121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
When our other PMD is benched...

manisback121 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:18 PM
  #921
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Comparing Ward to Burke is among the worst comparisons I've seen on this site.
I've heard this before from you when comparing something else.

I never cease to amaze you, or fail to top bad comparisons with others huh?

You laughed at me when I said replace Boulton with Gionta. I actually was half joking when I said that. Looks like it did wonders.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:27 PM
  #922
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I've heard this before from you when comparing something else.

I never cease to amaze you, or fail to top bad comparisons with others huh?

You laughed at me when I said replace Boulton with Gionta. I actually was half joking when I said that. Looks like it did wonders.
I laughed at you given the circumstances. If Josefson didn't get hurt, Gio wouldn't be here. Besides, no one expected Gionta to perform the way he is. No one.

I don't understand how you can compare the two goaltenders. Ward has a Cup and a Conn Smythe. Burke is nearly barely above a .900 goaltender in terms of save percentage and nearly a quarter of a goal more per game. They have very little in common.

apice3* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
  #923
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
That POS has a Conn Smythe, something Marty doesn't have and never will have.

And LOL at criticizing anyone for softies. I love Marty to death but he's lead the league in that department for 10 years.
Something he should have gotten in 2003 your point............So in my head Marty does have a Conn Smythe. 10 years really ? Give me a freaking break Marty would be 29 and ready to get his 3rd cup.

And you probable think every great shot is soft...............

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
  #924
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I laughed at you given the circumstances. If Josefson didn't get hurt, Gio wouldn't be here. Besides, no one expected Gionta to perform the way he is. No one.

I don't understand how you can compare the two goaltenders. Ward has a Cup and a Conn Smythe. Burke is nearly barely above a .900 goaltender in terms of save percentage and nearly a quarter of a goal more per game. They have very little in common.
I see where you're coming from with Gio. Like I said I was being a goof about it. I tried to pick the most ridiculous name I could cause I didn't think anyone can be as bad as Boulton.

Well maybe they are bad comparisons if you're going on the Cup, and Conn Smythe. Remember Cam Ward had a bad season that year too which was understandable he was a rookie, and he was supposed to be a backup. He was heralded as the next big thing after 06, and I was pretty impressed with him. I don't think he's horrible. I just don't think he's the best. I've seen him give up some softies like in the last game we played them at Prudential Center in November.

That was when Marty was at his worst point of the year.

I remember you, and I were his biggest critics at that time ironically.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
  #925
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm being ganged up on by Devils fans that Cam Ward is a better goaltender than Marty cause he had a Conn Smythe.

Is Cam Ward better than Marty now? Won't even debate it, because he may very well be.

Understandable Wayne Gretzky was not the greatest player in the league anymore by 1998. Mario Lemeiux hadn't lost a step when he returned in 2000/2001 after being retired for 3 years, and still produced over a point per game pace. He wasn't the greatest anymore by 2004.

Is Marty the greatest goaltender in the league right now? I can't say so. Is he good enough to be reliable MOST of the time? He's been fairly consistent since post ASB. Had a rough game last series.

Will Cam Ward be as good as Marty was? NO. Will Cam Ward be better than Marty at 40? If he's is, and if he's still playing I hope I'm not alive to see it.

Cam Ward is better than Marty now? I sure hope so. 27 year old goaltender vs a 40 year goaltender with the wear, and tear of a 50+ year old.

I got your back now way can Ward be compared to Marty even if he has Conn Sythme.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.