HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Other Games Around The League: Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Phoenix is spending more this season than Nashville is.
My god you're right...wow. Did not expect that.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

I want the Kings and Coyotes to advance, just so the Pacific Division can stick it to the rest of the West. Everyone giving the Pacific crap this year for being a weak division.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
I keep saying it, I think the Phoenix Coyotes are this years:

2002 Hurricanes
2003 Ducks
2004 Flames
2006 Oilers

Random underdog team that gets picked to lose every round but keeps on going. And like all those other teams they will eventually lose to a more skilled team in the finals; who I think will be the Flyers in the Stanley Cup.
Let's see:

1st round, beat a world class offense lead by Jesustoews

2nd round, beating a top3 goalie in the league and one of the best defensive teams in the league

3rd round, Kings or Blues- we shall see what happens

Finals, if they end up playing Flyers- worst goalie and defense they have played to this point

As much as I would want Kimmo to win the cup, there's just no way they're gonna beat whoever comes out of the West with that goaltending.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:30 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Can the blues at least try and even the series up?

Not sure if I can handle all my so cal fans jumping on the Kings bandwagon and seeing the posts over and over again in the FB world. And some don't even watch Hockey! UGH!

Old
04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Can the blues at least try and even the series up?

Not sure if I can handle all my so cal fans jumping on the Kings bandwagon and seeing the posts over and over again in the FB world. And some don't even watch Hockey! UGH!
im torn right now. it would probably be worse for us as an organization is the kings get to a cup final somehow, but man the blues fans on here....i guess thats a really small sample of them. maybe ill start cheering for the blues.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
hockeyball

I hope LA sweeps them. We don't need the Blues (or Phoenix) getting anywhere near the cup or we'll be watching a lot of terrible trapping hockey next season.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:38 AM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I hope LA sweeps them. We don't need the Blues (or Phoenix) getting anywhere near the cup or we'll be watching a lot of terrible trapping hockey next season.
LA plays a similar system do they not?

Old
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think we're all but guaranteed a defense first hockey system getting to the finals. Unless the Caps beat the Rangers, that way Flyers can get to the finals.

If the rangers win the results of the Flyers series don't matter because the Rangers will beat the Flyers.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I think we're all but guaranteed a defense first hockey system getting to the finals. Unless the Caps beat the Rangers, that way Flyers can get to the finals.

If the rangers win the results of the Flyers series don't matter because the Rangers will beat the Flyers.
Defense first is ok, defense only is not. Pheonix and STL are both 'trapping' teams and LA is not.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Eighth Fret

i don't care what it means for hockey next year, i want the kings gone.

and except for the fact that raffi torres' name would be on the cup *vomit*, i wouldn't mind the yotes winning it all.

there is just no way i want the sharks to be the only california team without a cup.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Fret View Post

and except for the fact that raffi torres' name would be on the cup *vomit*, i wouldn't mind the yotes winning it all.

there is just no way i want the sharks to be the only california team without a cup.
That's silly... You would rather have Anaheim be the only California team with a cup? I find that a LOT more irritating.

I like the Kings, and Kings fans, and I would totally cheer for them if they won. They deserve it a LOT more than the stupid Ducks do.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:

that's what I keep telling my fiancee. She hates the Blues cause they took us out. Then she says go Kings and I said no you don't want that cause of the above mentioned. It's hard enough trying to convert her from a Dodger fan to Giants fan. but at least i got her on the right Hockey team!

Old
04-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
That's silly... You would rather have Anaheim be the only California team with a cup? I find that a LOT more irritating.

I like the Kings, and Kings fans, and I would totally cheer for them if they won. They deserve it a LOT more than the stupid Ducks do.
it doesn't irritate me much that the ducks are the only CA team with a cup right now. it gives us sort of a bond with the kings (that and our mutual hatred of the ducks). that bond will break once one of us wins, and it's going to suck for the one that doesn't.

i like the kings too (except for richards) but i do not want them winning the cup.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
it doesn't irritate me much that the ducks are the only CA team with a cup right now. it gives us sort of a bond with the kings (that and our mutual hatred of the ducks). that bond will break once one of us wins, and it's going to suck for the one that doesn't.

i like the kings too (except for richards) but i do not want them winning the cup.
Same. While I think our rivalry with the Kings is fairly civil (unlike the Ducks), that would change if they won a cup. Its bad enough travelling to so cal wearing Sharks gear and having Ducks fans chirp the only thing they known how to chirp "Hey, hows your Stanley Cup doing? Oh wait..."

Old
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Same. While I think our rivalry with the Kings is fairly civil (unlike the Ducks), that would change if they won a cup. Its bad enough travelling to so cal wearing Sharks gear and having Ducks fans chirp the only thing they known how to chirp "Hey, hows your Stanley Cup doing? Oh wait..."
Actually it's more like this, "But we have a Cup!" is their answer to any arguement or discussion you try having with a Ducks Fan.

Example:

SJ Fan - You guys aren't doing to well this season are you?
ANA Fan - But we have a cup!
SJ Fan - Ok yes we know but why are you guys doing so badly this season?
ANA Fan - But we have a Cup! (sometimes they will even point to their banner).
SJ Fan - What will you guys do when Teemu retires?
ANA Fan - But we have a Cup!

And back and forth this conversation goes every year! Mindnumbing I tell ya!

Old
04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Actually it's more like this, "But we have a Cup!" is their answer to any arguement or discussion you try having with a Ducks Fan.

Example:

SJ Fan - You guys aren't doing to well this season are you?
ANA Fan - But we have a cup!
SJ Fan - Ok yes we know but why are you guys doing so badly this season?
ANA Fan - But we have a Cup! (sometimes they will even point to their banner).
SJ Fan - What will you guys do when Teemu retires?
ANA Fan - But we have a Cup!

And back and forth this conversation goes every year! Mindnumbing I tell ya!
HAHA. Yes sounds about right. Detroit fans aren't too much better with that, but Ducks fans are the absolutely worst. After the last Sharks Infestation Trip, I got chirped by so many Ducks fans (completely unprovoked), with so many of those types of comments. When I finally yelled back "Enjoy the playoffs this year...oh wait." They of course come back with "Who needs playoffs when you have a Cup." That's when I say "Well actually Boston has the Cup right now, unless you're talking about a jock strap."

Old
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

Kings win a cup and they'll become like Ducks fans. Except there will be more of them.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Nah, no way Kings fans will always hate the Ducks. After we win it two or three times, we'll be rooting for you.

Many of us will never forget the send off Shark fans gave Luc in his last game. That was all class.

BTW, I now want to thank Clowe for "stickgate". It allowed the Kings to avenge a playoff loss to the Canucks and that was a lot of fun. Plus this avatar has kind of been a good luck charm so far.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
murdock1116

Sad to say it, but "We have a cup" IS the ULTIMATE comeback. Duck fans get to make fun of us for another 15 years .

I live in LA and the Kings aren't so bad, neither are their fans.

The things most unlikeable about them is their announcers (who make Drew Remenda seem partial to other teams) being SUCH homers.

And generally the Kings are kinda dirty. Just overall dirty, maybe is a Daryl Sutter thing. I'm sure people felt the Sharks were dirty when he was our coach. Bryan Marchment and all.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:44 PM
do0glas

why does that one kings announce always over emphasise then immediately trail off?

kopitar takes the puck along the boards! drags into the slot and shoots! ....and skates for change.

hard to put into text lol.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Sad to say it, but "We have a cup" IS the ULTIMATE comeback. Duck fans get to make fun of us for another 15 years .

The things most unlikeable about them is their announcers
My latest comeback to "We have a Cup" is "Oh yeah? The Islanders have 4. Definitely great role models for you."

I'd say Kings fans are in the middle of the pack in terms of likeability. I know some really great ones. I judge fan bases on what its like to watch your team in their city. Vancouver, surprisingly, has been my favorite city to watch a Sharks game in. Boston is pretty close to Vancouver. Lots of class every where. Anaheim is always going to be the worst, because the same stuff happens EVERY time.

I will say that in addition to their announcers, I can't stand the Kings in-game experience. The goal horn, Cartman, and the organ player drive me nuts.

Last edited by Iron Chef: 04-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
why does that one kings announce always over emphasise then immediately trail off?

kopitar takes the puck along the boards! drags into the slot and shoots! ....and skates for change.

because he is Canadian and Jim Fox drives me nuts when he does that!

At least they arent like Ahlers and Hewouldja (you get the point) where everytime a Duck player gets a love tap from the opposing team from the stickt they think it should be a penalty everyt time and can't fathom why the ref didn't call it!

Old
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInFullerton View Post
I want the Kings and Coyotes to advance, just so the Pacific Division can stick it to the rest of the West. Everyone giving the Pacific crap this year for being a weak division.
I want the same thing for the same reason. Lets go Kings and Coyotes.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:

I live in LA and the Kings aren't so bad, neither are their fans.

The things most unlikeable about them is their announcers (who make Drew Remenda seem partial to other teams) being SUCH homers.

And generally the Kings are kinda dirty. Just overall dirty, maybe is a Daryl Sutter thing. I'm sure people felt the Sharks were dirty when he was our coach. Bryan Marchment and all.
I live in OC and have to watch the LA and Ducks feeds when the Sharks are playing them. I wouldn't say I like the LA announcers but the are leagues better that the Ducks. A lot of times when I watch them play the Ducks I have to mute the TV and turn on Sharks Radio, it just sucks that they are out of sync by 5 or so seconds.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post

Listening to Jim Fox for so long. This seriously made me LOL.

Kopitar make a great play along the boards, big bodies down low (sounds as if it is a question)...........that's what the Kings need.

Closed Thread