HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF Game 2: Caps at Rangers 730 PM at MSG

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Langway
Floatvechkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Then ask!
They did. Hunter said something about PK time and shutdown capability. Laughable given how little 4/55 have PKed thus far.

The simple explanation: it's easier to play not to lose with 4/55. Or something.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:15 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Agreed the difference between halpern and aucoin is way larger than orlov schultz ersk. I'm not big on the fancy stats crap but can anyone tell how bad widemans stats are this playoff?
when you consider that hunter's game is pure defense with the only offense a direct result of the defense plus power play, dressing a smaller ahl veteran offensive center over a veteran nhl defensive center with elite level faceoff skills just doesnt add up.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
They did. Hunter said something about PK time and shutdown capability. Laughable given how little 4/55 have PKed thus far.

The simple explanation: it's easier to play not to lose with 4/55. Or something.
i think ive posted this already, but its worth a repeat. i said that orlov's two prime high end skills are his offensive ability and his open ice hitting. hunter shows no sign what so ever of wanting his defensemen doing anything offensively in his or the neutral zone only the bare basics in the offensive zone. so, dale doesnt want orlov's offense.

he also does not want his d to step up and hit either. i missed game one but erskine's play in series one showed his only hits were against the boards in the defense zone and didnt take him out of position like an open ice hit would. so, dale doesnt want orlov's hitting either.

dale does not want orlov's game right now. if injuries pushed him into the game, you would see that his didnt do any of the things we like about him and likely wouldnt get much toi at all.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Capitlols
Blow it up

So Semin on the 4th line...DH's level of accountability is ridiculous. Really wonder what Wideman or Aucoin has to do to get scratched.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Stewie G
Erskine for Norris

I don't know if the filter and sort will be retained, but advanced stats dislike Aucoin as much as we all do.

Caps' Corsi Rel QoC at 5 on 5

Edit: Looks like the filter and sort were indeed retained.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
SA Koken on Orlov on local radio just now: the problem was his closing game with 3 turnovers against NY. Once they beat Boston without him, they kept him sidelined to start NY. He thinks if we lose tonight we will see him.

I beg to differ.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
So Semin on the 4th line...DH's level of accountability is ridiculous. Really wonder what Wideman or Aucoin has to do to get scratched.
dale wants to try and win these games 1-0. had holtby been on his game, game 1 was 1-0. the only really hard to stop goal was chimera's.

sitting semin only means cutting back on offense that he doesnt really want to use unless he has to anyway.

semin skates 4th line unless and until the caps fall behind.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
SA Koken on Orlov on local radio just now: the problem was his closing game with 3 turnovers against NY. Once they beat Boston without him, they kept him sidelined to start NY. He thinks if we lose tonight we will see him.

I beg to differ.
Orlov was bad against the Rangers.

Wideman/Schultz have been bad against everyone for the past two months. I just don't get it.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
um

Dale Hunter

Old
04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

the saddest part of all of this is that, this roster has, totally unexpectedly, shown so much discipline and determination in the postseason that if we had a coach with some savvy and strategy, I think they could go all the way. But with Dale's at once both oversimplified and totally random system, it just seems like the bubble will burst. It feels unsustainable as the competition gets fiercer. Philly will pick Wideman-Schultz apart and each our centers alive in the face-off dot.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:58 PM
tycoonheart

Semin is not going to play on the 4th line. Geez. You guys are insufferable sometimes. Dale's done this before, where he put Semin on the 4th and played him on the 2nd during the game.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Kegger

Replace Aucoin with Matty P on the 4th line between Ward and Knuble. Add Orlov. We just need a little more speed all around...

Old
04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
Dale Hunter

I don't remember this from Caps Redline with professor Bradley.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Whyno with a great intro to his blog post...

He may have outdone Katie with that one.
WTF? I knew he was bad, but jesus christ.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Orlov was bad against the Rangers.

Wideman/Schultz have been bad against everyone for the past two months. I just don't get it.
I watched that Wideman Sarge pairing closely in game 7. It was quick a remarkable performance. In futility.

I am still stunned we won the game right after yet another horrible shift from them. Ironically, that horrid shift suckered their RD into thinking it was safe to pinch. Chimera chipped it past him and out, Knuble blocked the panic "help the D is caught" dump attempt, and the rest is history. They really got bailed out in game 7 by sheer luck. An icing long TV timeout, penalty etc.

Wides Erskine in game 1 was much better. No minus.

I will again be watching that pairing tonight under a microscope. Someone should document all their shifts tonight. Hello, media!

Old
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Kegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
I have more of an issue with Halpern not playing over Aucion than I do with Orlov not playing over Erskine or Schultz.

Agree...if nothing more than for faceoffs.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:24 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
Dale Hunter

You should become a coach. You are clearly better

Old
04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
@SWhyno: Jeff Schultz bacK in #Caps lineup, John Erskine out, for Game 2 at #NYR: http://t.co/TCOHzpZv

Old
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Just like the looks of these lines:

8 - 15 - 20 The bruiser line, will pound and hit the opposition. Halpern's not a bruiser per se, but he's good in the dot and strong defensively

28 - 19 - 90 The finesse line, the high skill set

26 - 83 -25 You're grinders, good at cylcling the puck and Beagle has been very good in the dot

42 - 21 - 22 Blue collar line, good at cycling the puck and very good at going to and crashing the net. They'll not only be able to tell you if Henrik used mouthwash but they'll be able to tell you the flavor of the mouthwash. Also very good along the boards

Old
04-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Stewie G
Erskine for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post

8 - 15 - 20 The bruiser line, will pound and hit the opposition. Halpern's not a bruiser per se, but he's good in the dot and strong defensively

26 - 83 -25 You're grinders, good at cylcling the puck and Beagle has been very good in the dot

42 - 21 - 22 Blue collar line, good at cycling the puck and very good at going to and crashing the net. They'll not only be able to tell you if Henrik used mouthwash but they'll be able to tell you the flavor of the mouthwash. Also very good along the boards
I like Halpern well enough, but to put him on the first line after a 2+ month break doesn't make much sense. There's no way I want to see him getting 1st line minutes. That's not even considering his limited offensive capabilities. If they want to put a hard worker with strong faceoffs on line 1... I offer up Jay Beagle instead.

I know I've been a Laich critic this year, but he's been playing some pretty good hockey. The reason Ovie really hasn't gotten humming can be attributed in large part to.... Ovie. Stickhandling instead of shooting. Flubbed one-timers. Poor passing.

Swap 15 and 21 and I'm good with those lines.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post

I really have no idea who or what would logically fit together in regards to lines, but I would like to see this line together once:

90-83-25

Old
04-30-2012, 02:50 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
the saddest part of all of this is that, this roster has, totally unexpectedly, shown so much discipline and determination in the postseason that if we had a coach with some savvy and strategy, I think they could go all the way. But with Dale's at once both oversimplified and totally random system, it just seems like the bubble will burst. It feels unsustainable as the competition gets fiercer. Philly will pick Wideman-Schultz apart and each our centers alive in the face-off dot.
i thought the problem with bruce was that he had no savvy or strategy in the playoffs?

Old
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Guys OMG! Apparently one of Ovechkin's goals against the Rangers this season doesn't count since Lundqvist had a bad game!!!!!!!

I also find it funny that 3 things happen when a Caps fan mentions the Rags on the main board.

1. He says both teams are good. Rags fan calls blasphemy and explains why the Rangers are 90-0 so far this season. They also explain how they dominated game 1. He also fails to explain why the Rags can play better, but the Caps can not improve...

2. There is no mention of the Caps, just the Rags. Rags fans say how they think it will be a very close series and how game 1 was very close and could've gone either way (complete change from scenario 1^)

3. Sens fan worships Rangers since his 8th place team took them to 7 games. Consensus is reached that the Sens and Rags are the 2 best teams in the history of teams. A circle jerk insues.

I've learned Rags fans just can not see a comment with the Caps in it and not critique everything about them. I've also learned they really like (love) when Sens fans compliment the Rags.

**** them though. This game is all about what the Caps do, and what Schultz doesn't do. If the Caps play good they will win, no doubt in my mind. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 5!

Old
04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Stewie G
Erskine for Norris

Geez. Some people need to stop taking themselves and these boards so seriously.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
G3 LesPaul

We will win?

Closed Thread