HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 2: Caps at Rangers 730 PM at MSG

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Re: Carlson, I only saw the one in-game replay, yeah looked like something we'd definitely call a dive if a guy on the other team did. If so, wouldn't want Carlson to make a habit of it or anything like that. But as far as the game, that penalty just cancels out the lame call on Green, so we should be still even as far as karma is concerned

And btw, Alzner-Carlson continue to be awesome. Rock solid. How the hell did the Caps get away before with Green-Schultz on the top pairing.. it just seems inconceivable now, lol.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Re: Carlson, I only saw the one in-game replay, yeah looked like something we'd definitely call a dive if a guy on the other team did. If so, wouldn't want Carlson to make a habit of it or anything like that. But as far as the game, that penalty just cancels out the lame call on Green, so we should be still even as far as karma is concerned

And btw, Alzner-Carlson continue to be awesome. Rock solid. How the hell did the Caps get away before with Green-Schultz on the top pairing.. it just seems inconceivable now, lol.
If it was a dive I won't have any problem saying so, but I need to see it.

And yes Alzner-Carlson has been fabulous all playoffs. Really hope they get locked up long term.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
ForzaItalia

So do we dress Orlov?

Old
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

What does Torts do... bench his best players too?

This series looks like a 7 gamer, too. We split in our barn. And then who knows. Game 7 OT again?

It looks like the Caps will score 3 or 4 most games. Can our D keep their heads together in our D zone? They've played it loose in games 1 and 2. Mike "heads up" Green, Roman "I Don't Take Hits" Hamrlik, Dennis "Tennis Ball" Wideman, Jeff "Ankles" Schultz. These guys are licking their wounds tonight. The B's would've scored 8. And Holtby was good.

We'll see.

Last edited by Atlas: 04-30-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Capitlols

Corey Masisak ‏ @cmasisak22
#Caps Ovechkin has played 17:01 or less in 4 of the past 6 games. His team is 4-0 when he doesn't reach 17:02 and 0-2 when he does.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:41 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

I am not as hung up on the ice time for 8. It's putting him with 21 which i dont understand.

May not show up on stat sheet, but i thought 26 had a very good game too. At both ends of the ice.

Loved, loved, loved the Alzner puck possession with time running out. Holtby had a monster game, including the breakaway save after 74's brainfart at rags' blueline, and also the very patient save against rupp coming in alone and crossing to the backhand.

Poor green. Doesnt look like the same player now. I dont know how much of it is the injury, how much of it is losing confidence, or just not being a good fit in DH's system. We still need him, but he is nowhere near his level of 2 years ago.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
So do we dress Orlov?
Unless Green is seriously injured, not a chance. Which is a shame since I'd kill to watch Callahan gleefully forecheck who he thinks is Mike Green only to get barrel rolled at the last second.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Corey Masisak ‏ @cmasisak22
#Caps Ovechkin has played 17:01 or less in 4 of the past 6 games. His team is 4-0 when he doesn't reach 17:02 and 0-2 when he does.
Well to be fair the games he plays more would generally mean the Caps are trailing or tied more.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Atlas

All praise to Matt Hendricks for the sweet between the legs backwards wrister that Chim swats and banks in to the Rag net.

Hendricks has played excellent hockey lately. I didn't think he had this in him.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:47 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Here's two things i will say for DH. This team is much, much more resilient and mentally strong. Yes, we win by razor's edge, but even in losses, we remain in contention much longer. Fewer of the blowout 5-1 or 7-1 losses.

The other thing is, when players do come back from a scratch or from drastically reduced ice time, they seem to come back focused and more effective. It wasnt long ago that Knuble couldnt crack the line-up. Lately he has been a very key contributor. Would love to see our postseason extend long enough that halpy, MP, and orlov get similar chances to come back and shine.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Halpysback

Hendricks is a rare quality. A prototypical 4th liner with a 2nd liner's hands. A Hendricks-Perreault-Knuble line would be godly next year.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
butters8814

Its funny hunter doesnt play ovi, because he doesnt believe in his defense. But he plays wideman and sarge that are the worse Dmen in caps history. Makes sense hunter. Ovi is the capt, you play your capt.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
tycoonheart

Wideman and Schultz both get the least amount of TOI among d-men.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters8814 View Post
Its funny hunter doesnt play ovi, because he doesnt believe in his defense. But he plays wideman and sarge that are the worse Dmen in caps history. Makes sense hunter. Ovi is the capt, you play your capt.
You're showing the age of your fandom on that one.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:52 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
Well to be fair the games he plays more would generally mean the Caps are trailing or tied more.
Yep. Ovie's ice time is very much determined by the game situation.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

By the way, who screwed up the line change on their first goal? Looked similar to last game - someone drifting over to the boards for the change, and then reversing course and trying to hurry back to prevent disaster.

Kreider and Richards were both good for Rags. And gaborik, damn him, made sweet pass on their first goal.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
By the way, who screwed up the line change on their first goal? Looked similar to last game - someone drifting over to the boards for the change, and then reversing course and trying to hurry back to prevent disaster.

Kreider and Richards were both good for Rags. And gaborik, damn him, made sweet pass on their first goal.
Laich. That was way worse than last game.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:55 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post

Laich.

Old
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

It's nice to have some depth this year. Having orlov, erskine, halpern, and perreault waiting in the wings feels good.

That was a very nice goal tonite by ward-coiner-knuble.

I still cant get over knuble beating del zotto to the puck. Self-deprecating about it afterwards too - saying he must have started out two steps ahead, since del zotto 'is a very good skater.' Probably more like four steps ahead, though.

With the teams left in the playoffs this year, i hope the caps are starting to think, 'hey, why NOT us? We have as good a chance as most of the others. Especially w/ our goalie playing like this.'

Old
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Maruk moustache

Quote:
I will vote for Bill Mikkelson for worst Caps defenseman, just because he got a -82 in 1974-75, good enough for worst on the team, but he did it in only 59 games. He had gotten the worst +/- figure on the Islanders the year before.

He played in one more NHL game, two years later.

There is a fair chance he was actually the worst, but I know, I know, stats aren't everything.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Said 8 afterward: “If you gonna talk about my game time and all that kind of stuff, it’s not a season – it’s the playoffs. How I said before, you have to suck it up and play for team.”

Old
04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
butters8814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruk moustache View Post
I will vote for Bill Mikkelson for worst Caps defenseman, just because he got a -82 in 1974-75, good enough for worst on the team, but he did it in only 59 games. He had gotten the worst +/- figure on the Islanders the year before.

He played in one more NHL game, two years later.

There is a fair chance he was actually the worst, but I know, I know, stats aren't everything.
LOL, you got me on that one, but wasnt that team the worse team in nhl history?

Old
04-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
How are you not familiar with the word "worst"?

Old
04-30-2012, 11:11 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

From the main boards. Made me smile.
>>
>>
Pruch025
As much as I am a diehard NYR fan, I was not upset that Ovechkin scored. I am sick and tired of this fanbase being more concerned with taunting, than winning. That lame, Ovie sucks chant is not even original. When they did it in Game 1, I turn to my friends and say "watch, this will ignite him". I'm glad he scored like 30 seconds after they did it. Serves them right.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Maruk moustache

Quote:
Very possibly one of the very worst teams. There is a lot of history to go through though, and I bet there was one somewhere that was even worse.

Closed Thread