HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jacob Trouba vs Nick Ebert

Old
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Jacob Trouba vs Nick Ebert

Two years ago they where saying that Nick Ebert would be a top 3 pick for the 2012 Draft. Now he's rated 70th overall!! He had a decent season. 2011-2012-3G-33A-39pts in 66 games

Trouba is rated as being a top 15 pick. Great size, decent mobility,love to throw is body arround. The thing he might turn out to be more a Shut down D in the big league.

Now the question is wich D as the highest upside??

I love both and hopefully both can become stars!!!

Last edited by TheNudge: 04-30-2012 at 12:01 AM.
TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:17 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
I think it's Trouba AINE a little C. Ebert was just lost without Ellis. Trouba probably won't be a star, but I think he's a safe bet to be a #2 or at worst #4 guy in the future.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
I don't think this is even a contest. Trouba without a doubt here.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:21 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Two years ago they where saying that Nick Ebert would be a top 3 pick for the 2012 Draft. Now he's rated 70th overall!! He had a decent season. 2011-2012-3G-33A-39pts in 66 games

Trouba is rated as being a top 15 pick. Great size, decent mobility,love to throw is body arround. The thing he might turn out to be more a Shut down D in the big league.

Now the question is wich D as the highest upside??

I love both and hopefully both can become stars!!!
Its quite simple really. Predicting how good 18yr olds will be is quite tough, just look at draft failures/successes. Now try to put that back onto 16 yr olds. Ebert was a big miss, but I put very little weight into trying to guess on that age group.

As for Ebert, he looked lost most of the year. He had a great finish though, but a lot of questions remain. It is obviously that he is a few years away from reaching his potential, and I expect him to be picked up in the second round, with a team having a 5 yr plan to see where he ends up.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Ebert was one of the worst defensemen defensively I've ever seen in the OHL, I said it last year we would need to see him play without Ellis to judge.

Trouba is better by a fair margine in everything. Its him and its not even close.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:58 AM
WindsorGirl

Ryan Ellis hid all of Ebert's shortcomings. When he was gone, it became obvious that Ebert just simply isn't very good. He has small flashes of what he could be, but for the better part of the season, he was either lazy, or just overwhelmed. He did pick it up in the later part of he season, but even then he was mediocre at best.

I am personally hoping he is trade fodder for this upcoming season, and some GM sees an upside in him. Either that, or the Spits just release him outright.

WindsorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorGirl View Post
Ryan Ellis hid all of Ebert's shortcomings. When he was gone, it became obvious that Ebert just simply isn't very good. He has small flashes of what he could be, but for the better part of the season, he was either lazy, or just overwhelmed. He did pick it up in the later part of he season, but even then he was mediocre at best.

I am personally hoping he is trade fodder for this upcoming season, and some GM sees an upside in him. Either that, or the Spits just release him outright.
Well that's just not going to happen and to be honest is laughable that you would even suggest that. I'm not going to say that Ebert didn't struggle this year because he obviously did, having said that it is not like he was on a top defensive team; Windsor's defense consisted of Savario Posa, Jeff Braithwaite, Adam Bateman, Brandon Devlin, and Derick Holden. Not quite the Spitfires of old. The group as a whole was very soft and porous. When I watch him play, I can see the talent is there, but I think this past year he suffered do to his conditioning and his ego; and when he started to check his ego later in the year his play improved. I think that this year is key for him and I expect him to rebound.

Raisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
AUAIOMRN

I wonder... if Ebert had been injured all year like Galchenyuk, would he still be ranked as a first rounder?

AUAIOMRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAIOMRN View Post
I wonder... if Ebert had been injured all year like Galchenyuk, would he still be ranked as a first rounder?
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't of hurt since he's now ranked 70th overall.
lol!!!

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Trouba it's not even close

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:26 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Ebert was one of the worst defensemen defensively I've ever seen in the OHL, I said it last year we would need to see him play without Ellis to judge.

Trouba is better by a fair margine in everything. Its him and its not even close.
This. I saw windsor play plymouth twice and he had two very similar games during those two.

He plays a lot of minutes, is a PP QB but he doesnt have the best of shots nor is his passing really that jaw dropping. He skates well but he gets out muscled a lot and out worked a lot.

He's, at best IMHO, a 5-6th dman with PP QB potential for a second unit.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

in 3 years it will be Ebert.... and it wont even be close

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote