HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 pm announcement (mod edit: Flyers switching radio stations next season to 97.5 FM)

View Poll Results: Which is it?
Pronger = retiring 8 27.59%
Pronger had good news 4 13.79%
Giroux will be new captain 9 31.03%
Mez is healthy 4 13.79%
They're obviously switching radio stations 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 04:45 PM
  #126
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
are you telling me I will be able to listen to the flyers games on my iphone?
Not sure how that will work. But I hope so.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
  #127
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
are you telling me I will be able to listen to the flyers games on my iphone?
No. They restrict game broadcast with the iphone apps.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
  #128
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
this is the first time in my life I have listened to a philly sports radio station other than WIP. I feel dirty inside


these two are already starting with the they are the number one station now because of the flyers and sixers. I am a hockey guy first and foremost but in philly its eagles>phills>flyers>sixers. WIP still has the top two teams
Phillies are ahead of the Flyers for now. If the losing trend continues the Flyers will gain some ground. Idk if they will ever be #2 but the Phils were not this fan generating juggernaut when they lost all the time. The Eagles will always be #1 for whatever reason, but Im more then happy to listen to Flyers talk over why do the Phillies suck why do the Eagles suck why do the sixers suck

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
  #129
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
No. They restrict game broadcast with the iphone apps.
Not sure what 97.5 will do, but I'm able to get the Flyers on my iPhone with the CBS Philly app. (only when it's broadcast on FM though)

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
  #130
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 14,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can only assume they've extended Leighton for 9 years.
why oh why do you tease me so Beef..


hahaah

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:14 PM
  #131
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
I am not defending WIP but correcting. they are on FM, 94.1 is WIP
610 am is also wip

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
  #132
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
610 am is also wip
But the point you made in your post was the quality sucks and the "good shiz" is on FM. Which would indicate you were saying that WIP is not on FM which it is and has been

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
  #133
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,203
vCash: 500
As long as they keep Saunders and Bundy.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
  #134
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,744
vCash: 625
Each of the options listed in the poll literally had zero chance of happening right in the middle of the playoffs. They wouldn't have an announced announcement that Andrej Meszaros is returning to the lineup.

I prefer WIP to 97.5, and that's only because there's only 2 or 3 shows I bother with. I don't like either morning show. I don't like Mike Missannelli. Jason Retitis, for being one of their hockey guys, is a complete fool (doesn't know how +/- works). But the Flyers made the right move. I actually mentioned in the Sixers thread last week that the Flyers were going to be right behind them in making the move. With Ed Snider clearly pissed off at WIP, be interesting to see if Reuben Frank and Ray Didinger begin to be distanced.

Boils down to this: WIP sold the Flyers and Sixers down the river by putting the Phillies on every day on FM. Sixers ended up having some games on WOGL, if the Flyers ended up on 610 AM. There wasn't a chance in hell that Ed Snider was going to let the Johnny-Come-Latelys walk all over them. It was a complete slap in the face to both the Flyers and Sixers that they got bumped for spring training and April baseball, not only with JIP's, but when the Phillies were out west, the Flyers would start on 94.1, and then be cut off when the Phillies game started - that is a complete disgrace. Yesterday I flipped on WIP to hear some Flyers talk, but we needed a Phillies post-game show almost 5 hours after the Phillies game ended on the heels of a Flyers playoff OT win...uh...what do you think people wanted to talk about last night at 7:00? Danny Briere, or yet another discourse of "When Utley and Howard come back..." They'll figure out the mistake, and they'll get bored of the nightly John Mayberry discussions.

On Comcast, it was the other way around - the important games came first on CSN, Phillies had to wait, of course, for a while no one noticed, because no one watched the Phillies. Ed Snider knows that the Flyers at worst have the second most loyal fan base in the city, it's been that way for at least 25 years now, and feels that we deserve better than second-rate treatment. The Sixers in trying to rebuild their brand feel the same way.


Oh, and the 4-sport monopoly WIP was so proud about lasted 1 month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
As long as they keep Saunders and Bundy.
They're on the Flyers payroll, not WIP

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
  #135
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Each of the options listed in the poll literally had zero chance of happening right in the middle of the playoffs. They wouldn't have an announced announcement that Andrej Meszaros is returning to the lineup.

I prefer WIP to 97.5, and that's only because there's only 2 or 3 shows I bother with. I don't like either morning show. I don't like Mike Missannelli. Jason Retitis, for being one of their hockey guys, is a complete fool (doesn't know how +/- works). But the Flyers made the right move. I actually mentioned in the Sixers thread last week that the Flyers were going to be right behind them in making the move. With Ed Snider clearly pissed off at WIP, be interesting to see if Reuben Frank and Ray Didinger begin to be distanced.

Boils down to this: WIP sold the Flyers and Sixers down the river by putting the Phillies on every day on FM. Sixers ended up having some games on WOGL, if the Flyers ended up on 610 AM. There wasn't a chance in hell that Ed Snider was going to let the Johnny-Come-Latelys walk all over them. It was a complete slap in the face to both the Flyers and Sixers that they got bumped for spring training and April baseball, not only with JIP's, but when the Phillies were out west, the Flyers would start on 94.1, and then be cut off when the Phillies game started - that is a complete disgrace. Yesterday I flipped on WIP to hear some Flyers talk, but we needed a Phillies post-game show almost 5 hours after the Phillies game ended on the heels of a Flyers playoff OT win...uh...what do you think people wanted to talk about last night at 7:00? Danny Briere, or yet another discourse of "When Utley and Howard come back..." They'll figure out the mistake, and they'll get bored of the nightly John Mayberry discussions.

On Comcast, it was the other way around - the important games came first on CSN, Phillies had to wait, of course, for a while no one noticed, because no one watched the Phillies. Ed Snider knows that the Flyers at worst have the second most loyal fan base in the city, it's been that way for at least 25 years now, and feels that we deserve better than second-rate treatment. The Sixers in trying to rebuild their brand feel the same way.


Oh, and the 4-sport monopoly WIP was so proud about lasted 1 month.



They're on the Flyers payroll, not WIP
QFT I drive home every night from work and I realize it is later then most people do were talking 1230 1AM, and it is non stop baseball. The other night the question to fans was what would you rather talk about, Flyers going into the next series against the Devils or the Phillies Lineup. Really?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM
  #136
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 13,334
vCash: 500
I'm fine with this, but 97.5 has some brutal hosts.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM
  #137
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
QFT I drive home every night from work and I realize it is later then most people do were talking 1230 1AM, and it is non stop baseball. The other night the question to fans was what would you rather talk about, Flyers going into the next series against the Devils or the Phillies Lineup. Really?
The only guys I like on WIP are Glen and Anthony in the late afternoon, they have some cool segments (Friday 5 and who's that guy are both awesome).

Good for the Flyers bailing on them though, this is pretty big for the fanatic I'd have to think.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
  #138
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Phillies are ahead of the Flyers for now. If the losing trend continues the Flyers will gain some ground. Idk if they will ever be #2 but the Phils were not this fan generating juggernaut when they lost all the time. The Eagles will always be #1 for whatever reason, but Im more then happy to listen to Flyers talk over why do the Phillies suck why do the Eagles suck why do the sixers suck
The new stadium and giant payroll they have now pretty much guarantees they will never fall out of popularity again. I think you could even make an argument that they are as popular or more popular than the Eagles.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
  #139
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
The only guys I like on WIP are Glen and Anthony in the late afternoon, they have some cool segments (Friday 5 and who's that guy are both awesome).

Good for the Flyers bailing on them though, this is pretty big for the fanatic I'd have to think.
Agreed I get Glen and ant on the way to work I dont mind them at all, I like Jolly at nights as well but thats about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
The new stadium and giant payroll they have now pretty much guarantees they will never fall out of popularity again. I think you could even make an argument that they are as popular or more popular than the Eagles.
We'll see if you think that the team will continue to rake in people at the stadiums with the team playing the way it is now your kidding yourself. All it would take is a year or 2 of not making the playoffs to see a mass exodus off the bandwagon

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
  #140
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Agreed I get Glen and ant on the way to work I dont mind them at all, I like Jolly at nights as well but thats about it.



We'll see if you think that the team will continue to rake in people at the stadiums with the team playing the way it is now your kidding yourself. All it would take is a year or 2 of not making the playoffs to see a mass exodus off the bandwagon
I agree with that but the Phillies have the money now to bring in new players like the Yankees and Redsox always do. I can't seem them being bad for very long and if Howard and Utley get back soon they should still make a run at it this year.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
  #141
Andre Poodle Lussier
Registered User
 
Andre Poodle Lussier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Semi seclusion
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
I agree with that but the Phillies have the money now to bring in new players like the Yankees and Redsox always do. I can't seem them being bad for very long and if Howard and Utley get back soon they should still make a run at it this year.
Howard's contract is already killing this team...and it will for the next four years.

Going to be tough to keep Cole around here next year knowing you're shelling out $25 million to a guy who struggles to hit his weight lately.

Andre Poodle Lussier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
  #142
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Unconfirmed source txting me saying that: "Fans will now be able to bet money on the midget hockey games between periods."
A little insider tip: Always bet on the one with Briere on their team.

I was hoping the big announcement would be that Bryzgalov is ready to show how much he enjoys playing in months starting with M.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
  #143
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,829
vCash: 500
Talk radio in philly is awful in general, but I've found WIP to be getting worse and worse

This was the right move for the Flyers. When the bandwagoners get preseason precedence over regular season hockey games, thats not OK

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:27 PM
  #144
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,744
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
The only guys I like on WIP are Glen and Anthony in the late afternoon, they have some cool segments (Friday 5 and who's that guy are both awesome).
Glen and Anthony are good. Rob Ellis is listenable. Paul Jolovitz and Reuben Frank are also good, but they're part-time. Best show is Saturday mornings when it's either Glen or Rob with Ray Didinger. Some of the at-night people are fine too. Marc Farzetta got Franco Harris on one night when the whole Penn State thing was happening and took him out behind the woodshed.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
  #145
JVR21
Sexy Hexy
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 8,111
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Glen and Anthony are good. Rob Ellis is listenable. Paul Jolovitz and Reuben Frank are also good, but they're part-time. Best show is Saturday mornings when it's either Glen or Rob with Ray Didinger. Some of the at-night people are fine too. Marc Farzetta got Franco Harris on one night when the whole Penn State thing was happening and took him out behind the woodshed.
Your avatar....wtf?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:34 PM
  #146
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Your avatar....wtf?
I didn't even notice that at first. Lose a bet already, GKJ?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:36 PM
  #147
Coppy
Registered User
 
Coppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
I guess I'm one of the few not happy about this.

97.5 hosts/producers have pretty much 0 interest/knowledge in hockey. Jon Marks is probably the only one that likes hockey and even that is probably lukewarm. The rest of them don't care at all about the Flyers.

I interned at the station the summer the Flyers made their cup run. I remember producers saying they hated having to plan the shows around hockey and book hockey related guests. One producer said he hoped the Flyers would lose game 7 against the Bruins so "they could go back to talking about real sports."

I'm not saying they are bad people, but they don't care about hockey at all. WIP actually has hosts and producers that enjoy hockey and the Flyers.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
  #148
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
I guess I'm one of the few not happy about this.

97.5 hosts/producers have pretty much 0 interest/knowledge in hockey. Jon Marks is probably the only one that likes hockey and even that is probably lukewarm. The rest of them don't care at all about the Flyers.

I interned at the station the summer the Flyers made their cup run. I remember producers saying they hated having to plan the shows around hockey and book hockey related guests. One producer said he hoped the Flyers would lose game 7 against the Bruins so "they could go back to talking about real sports."

I'm not saying they are bad people, but they don't care about hockey at all. WIP actually has hosts and producers that enjoy hockey and the Flyers.
WIP can still talk about the Flyers. On this arrangement the Flyers actual games will get the treatment they deserve

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
  #149
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,744
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Your avatar....wtf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I didn't even notice that at first. Lose a bet already, GKJ?
I do this every year. I switch back and forth when the Kings and Flyers are going on the other's off-day

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
  #150
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I'm fine with this, but 97.5 has some brutal hosts.
Fanatic has Missanelli and complete trash. WIP has Glen/Anthony and Rob Ellis - then trash. If they joined forces they might have a complete lineup of decent talkers.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.