HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 San Antonio Rampage Thread Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Looks like we are staying with the Panthers. Tampa signed with Syracuse and Anaheim signed with Norfolk. Looks like what I wanted to happen, did. I am glad we will be back with all of you next season.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:52 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Agreed. Quite a relief after all that gossip during the season.

Also, probably not too much of a shock, but looks like we lost Wacey. From his twitter feeds looks like some Nordic league (my brain is mush and can't recall which).

Old
06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Glad to be with you guys for another year. Was nice having fans from the minor club that were fun to have on the board.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post

Also, probably not too much of a shock, but looks like we lost Wacey. From his twitter feeds looks like some Nordic league (my brain is mush and can't recall which).
I think it was in Norway.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Quote:

Good for him that he was able to find a team. Hope he is able to do very well with them. He plays hard when on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Glad to be with you guys for another year. Was nice having fans from the minor club that were fun to have on the board.
I keep thinking this coming season will be even better for both teams.

Around 85-90 days to go for Panther training camp to start. 98 days till we have the preseason game here.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:41 AM
SARampage

The Panthers also tendered qualifying offers to six minor leaguers, including goalie Brian Foster, defenseman Mike Caruso and Roman Derlyuk, as well as forwards Michal Repik, Eric Selleck and James Wright.

Offers to Repik and Derlyuk were made so if other teams try to pick them up Florida would at least something in return. Glad to see Wright get an offer. Still on ropes on why they'd want Foster back. Selleck is good gritty guy, why not bring him back for another year on the cheap.
For the rest of the UFA we probably won't hear anything for a while. No need to rush on them. Although would love to get Matsumoto signed sooner then later.

Old
06-26-2012, 06:45 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
The Panthers have no one, literally, that would be a backup to DGM should Markstrom start the year in Florida. Foster is a solid AHL backup and will be cheap.

Personally, I could've done without another year of Selleck. He does nothing for me.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:40 AM
SARampage

Panthers sign Rallo, Dov, and Jon Rheault today to 2 way contracts. Was reported Dov was going to be AHL contract last season. So good for him to get this contract. Trusty veteran Rallo a welcome signing to bring back. Just need to be careful again of or Veteran status players. Rheault played with heat last year. May not be top 6 player but will welcome into fold.
Hope we get to see Parros play in game in Sept.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:23 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

^good story with Rallo welcoming a child too.

Bracken Kearns was signed to SJ to a 2 way deal. Gonna miss that guy and obviously wish him nothing but the best

Old
07-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Quote:
^good story with Rallo welcoming a child too.

Bracken Kearns was signed to SJ to a 2 way deal. Gonna miss that guy and obviously wish him nothing but the best
I too will miss Bracken and his lovely other half. I wish the both of them all the best.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Since he is an ex Rampage player, I think you'd guys would want to see this:

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney has issued the following statement regarding Coyotes forward Brett MacLean - who suffered a cardiac emergency last night in Owen Sound, Ontario.

“Brett was playing hockey last night in Owen Sound, Ontario when he suffered a medical emergency,” said Maloney. “Brett received CPR on site and was taken to a local hospital by ambulance where he was treated. He was then transported via an air ambulance to Knight University Hospital in London, Ontario where he was admitted to the cardiac ICU. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brett and his family. We request that everyone please respect their privacy at this time. We will provide an update on Brett's status when information is available.”

Scary situation and my thoughts are definitely with him & his family right now

Old
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Since he is an ex Rampage player, I think you'd guys would want to see this:

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney has issued the following statement regarding Coyotes forward Brett MacLean - who suffered a cardiac emergency last night in Owen Sound, Ontario.

“Brett was playing hockey last night in Owen Sound, Ontario when he suffered a medical emergency,” said Maloney. “Brett received CPR on site and was taken to a local hospital by ambulance where he was treated. He was then transported via an air ambulance to Knight University Hospital in London, Ontario where he was admitted to the cardiac ICU. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brett and his family. We request that everyone please respect their privacy at this time. We will provide an update on Brett's status when information is available.”

Scary situation and my thoughts are definitely with him & his family right now
23 years old - probably another case of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Hope the kid comes out okay. Thankfully medical personnel was able to provide timely care to avoid another Cherepanov tragedy.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

^That is what I thought as well, but I was reading about Hank Gathers just the other day. Whatever it was, def agree about the medical help he got. Quite lucky it sounds.

A bit of an update from Kypreos:

#Coyotes Brett MacLean is in stable condition and remains in I.C.U. He will undergo further tests to determine cause of his collapse.

Which makes it sound much better, well, his condition at least.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Quote:
^That is what I thought as well, but I was reading about Hank Gathers just the other day. Whatever it was, def agree about the medical help he got. Quite lucky it sounds.

A bit of an update from Kypreos:

#Coyotes Brett MacLean is in stable condition and remains in I.C.U. He will undergo further tests to determine cause of his collapse.

Which makes it sound much better, well, his condition at least.
Atleast we have some what of an update.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
SARampage

Yes, hope Brett is okay from this issue. Still doesn't have a contract for next year yet.
Wild Bill Thomas has signed a contract with Colorado.
Boy Dallas must have a new sponsor this year...AARP. With Whitney and Jagr. Also have a couple veterans coming to Austin to play.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Losing Matsumoto is a big one. Hopefully they can somewhat replace him.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Kate

My prayers are with Maclean and his family. That's sad. At least he's stable. Does anybody know anything about Jean-Francois Jacque that the Panthers just signed?

Old
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Does anybody know anything about Jean-Francois Jacque that the Panthers just signed?
He's a big guy that loves to hit. Can also score at this level when given regular minute. Quite a but NHL experience. Classic finisher that will score the dirty goals and physical in the crease.

We have finishers. We need playmakers in a big way or this is going to be a terrible season.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:20 AM
RampageNate

Roster Questions Answered

Old
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
He's a big guy that loves to hit. Can also score at this level when given regular minute. Quite a but NHL experience. Classic finisher that will score the dirty goals and physical in the
Sounds like my type of player. I'm gonna miss Matsomoto and Kearns the most.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Looks like we are getting Andre Deveaux. FL probably signed him so he wouldn't elbow Fleischmann in the head again...

Old
07-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Just wanted to get the Rampage fans opinions. Was getting guys like JF Jacques & Deveaux a necessity? Was there a toughness issue last season? Or is this more about 'protecting' the younger guys coming in like Howden, Shore, Petro, etc.?

-ghoste

Old
07-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Just wanted to get the Rampage fans opinions. Was getting guys like JF Jacques & Deveaux a necessity? Was there a toughness issue last season? Or is this more about 'protecting' the younger guys coming in like Howden, Shore, Petro, etc.?

-ghoste
I would say a bit of both. We really didn't have any tough guys on the team, although most would probably say Selleck was that. I don't think we had much team toughness either.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:42 AM
SARampage

I think Santos wants to go a different direction this year. See if we add some size with a couple speedy skill players we won't have the scoring droughts we had last year IMO. If Wright and Selleck comes back that will add some size to each line. Still early though so will see what other signings are made.

Old
07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
I just read that Matsumoto signed with the Sharks. Damn.

I liked him when he was called up by FLA and he was a big factor for the Rampage.

Closed Thread