HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Barrie Colts involved in a 3-Way Deal!!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2004, 02:22 AM
Fleuryfan29

vCash: 500
Barrie Colts involved in a 3-Way Deal!!!

The good news just keeps rolling in for the Colts fans of HFboards. A couple of weeks ago we aquired Rob Hisey (OHL's 8th leading scorer) from Erie, than Lukas Bolf was named to the Czech Republic's WJC team, And now we aquired Goaltender Dan LaCosta from Owen Sound!!
WoW...If this dosen't say Playoff Push, I don't know what does.

http://www.barriecolts.com/press_rel...sp?article=169

Old
12-12-2004, 09:34 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryfan29
The good news just keeps rolling in for the Colts fans of HFboards. A couple of weeks ago we aquired Rob Hisey (OHL's 8th leading scorer) from Erie, than Lukas Bolf was named to the Czech Republic's WJC team, And now we aquired Goaltender Dan LaCosta from Owen Sound!!
WoW...If this dosen't say Playoff Push, I don't know what does.

http://www.barriecolts.com/press_rel...sp?article=169
LaCosta is horrible, you got owned. Trust me I know. Owen Sound robbed everyone in that deal.

Old
12-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Getting Hisey = good, they needed the supporting offense behind Little.

Getting Lacosta = . I have been thoroughly unimpressed with him so far this season, but I guess the NHL scouts must see something in him, so maybe he'll come around in a new environment.

Old
12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Brock

Acquiring Hisey was huge for the Colts as he now takes pressure off Little as another serious offensive weapon (hell now that hes been a Colt, Hisey's moved to the top 5 in scoring). That was a huge deal for them. Lacosta, well that's a different matter. I'm not sure it helps much this year, unless going to a different team seriously motivates him, because hes stunk this year. He is however a project who still does have potential to be an excellent goaltender. Maybe next year, he can put things back together for himself.

Old
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Acquiring Hisey was huge for the Colts as he now takes pressure off Little as another serious offensive weapon (hell now that hes been a Colt, Hisey's moved to the top 5 in scoring). That was a huge deal for them. Lacosta, well that's a different matter. I'm not sure it helps much this year, unless going to a different team seriously motivates him, because hes stunk this year. He is however a project who still does have potential to be an excellent goaltender. Maybe next year, he can put things back together for himself.
An update on LaCosta........

LaCosta's GAA has gone down considerably since joining the Colts, he was at a 2.95 GAA when he left Owen Sound and is now sitting at a 2.25 GAA since joining the colts.
The Defence here is still working hard to bail him on occasion but he will come around. As last I heard he was Day-to-Day with the Flu, so Francois Thuot has taken over the duties.

Old
01-03-2005, 02:48 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryfan29
An update on LaCosta........

LaCosta's GAA has gone down considerably since joining the Colts, he was at a 2.95 GAA when he left Owen Sound and is now sitting at a 2.25 GAA since joining the colts.
The Defence here is still working hard to bail him on occasion but he will come around. As last I heard he was Day-to-Day with the Flu, so Francois Thuot has taken over the duties.

It was rough for Dan in Owen Sound, I hear he has been demoted to back-up although that flu you mentioned might have something to fo with it.

Old
01-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Fleuryfan29

Nope, the Barrie Colts are showing that they have alot of faith in his play and I believe he is starting on Saturday V.S. Sudbury.

Closed Thread