HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 10 OHL Wingers

Old
04-30-2012, 07:15 PM
HF Article

vCash: 500
Top 10 OHL Wingers

The list of Top 10 OHL wingers features a few players who were taken in the first-round of the NHL Draft, but there are also several players who went in later rounds yet have exceeded expectations and become quality NHL prospects.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The list of Top 10 OHL wingers features a few players who were taken in the first-round of the NHL Draft, but there are also several players who went in later rounds yet have exceeded expectations and become quality NHL prospects.

More...
interesting but check back in three years and it will be laugh out loud a joke

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Just fyi, Prince didn't play with Toffoli this year besides the PP. Played on his own line with Cazzola, McFarland (for a short time) and others. He answered a lot of questions as to whether he could produce without his stacked line. Did it. It'd be something to include in an article such as this.

I think it'd be pretty easy to put him ahead of Puempel at this point. Its not close.

I love that Noesen is getting some love. He'll be a top 20 NHL prospect by this time next year.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
GroceryStick
FURDA

3 Sens prospects in the Top 10. I Like.

I have to admit that Puempel maybe shouldn't have made the cut because of the amount of games he missed this season. He will have to prove himself alot next year and hopefully make the WJC squad.

Noesen and Prince both had fantastic years and I still can't believe they didnt make the cut for the US WJC squad. Almost positive they will next year.

What can you say about Saad?!?!?
The kid is a real gamer and definitely the steal of last years draft. How did this kid slide to the 2nd round?

GroceryStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:50 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators4life View Post
3 Sens prospects in the Top 10. I Like.

I have to admit that Puempel maybe shouldn't have made the cut because of the amount of games he missed this season. He will have to prove himself alot next year and hopefully make the WJC squad.

Noesen and Prince both had fantastic years and I still can't believe they didnt make the cut for the US WJC squad. Almost positive they will next year.

What can you say about Saad?!?!?
The kid is a real gamer and definitely the steal of last years draft. How did this kid slide to the 2nd round?
Err, that's the knock on him. Dunno if I'd describe him as so but he is a fantastic talent.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Err, that's the knock on him. Dunno if I'd describe him as so but he is a fantastic talent.
He had 17 points in 12 playoff games. He dominated Sarnia before bowing out against the best team in the OHL. It's only a knock to people who haven't been paying attention.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Glad Freddie is getting some recognition for his great two-way play. Proud that he is an Ice Dog, even prouder that my Sharks stole him in the 5th round.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
interesting but check back in three years and it will be laugh out loud a joke
Why is that? I could be wrong, but isn't this simply a list of the best OHL wingers this past season? I don't think it has anything to do with their NHL potential (could be completely wrong, though).

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Daneurism

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He had 17 points in 12 playoff games. He dominated Sarnia before bowing out against the best team in the OHL. It's only a knock to people who haven't been paying attention.
What's so special about 17 points in 12 playoff games? Look at his season stats, those playoff numbers should be expected.

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:59 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
What's so special about 17 points in 12 playoff games? Look at his season stats, those playoff numbers should be expected.
Considering alot of people had Saginaw losing to Sarnia in the 1st round, and Saad went out and posted 12 points in 6 games to knock out Sarnia, I'd say those numbers are quite impressive. They lost to a better team in London, but Saad was the reason they got to the 2nd round. He shows up, that's the point.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote