HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Canada (Part II)

Old
05-05-2012, 03:33 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

vCash: 500
http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip672288

Canada - Slovakia, full game

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
therealdeal

Kyle Quincey is joining the team as the final defenseman.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:34 AM
jigglysquishy

vCash: 492
No Spezza call?

jigglysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
Oh god no. He's a turnover machine.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Prepare for a flood of stupid penalties when the game is on the line.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:41 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Prepare for a flood of stupid penalties when the game is on the line.
We are going home without a MEDAL...

The days of winning medals out of putting a team together out of no names is OVER for CANADA... The HOCKEY world has pretty much caught up...

Hockey Canada does not realize this than FIRING needs to be done after this tournament...

I hope WE GET relegated, its the only way we can go forward...

ALSO for all those people who fake injury (STAMKOS im talking to YOU) and say NO when HC comes calling should repay the MONEY hockey Canada invested in them....

Its the only way...Im freak en pissed

MyNameIsNobody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Valois

I still can't believe they had a top 5 center asking to go and they turned him down. Canada could use the speed and experience. I was gonna say "Canada is built too much like an NHL team and not like a world championship team" except I'm pretty sure most NHL teams would make room for Spezza.

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:01 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
I still can't believe they had a top 5 center asking to go and they turned him down. Canada could use the speed and experience. I was gonna say "Canada is built too much like an NHL team and not like a world championship team" except I'm pretty sure most NHL teams would make room for Spezza.

The problem is Lowe...The day the oilers fire this cocky ***** they will turn around...what a laugh if they hire sutter...he couldn't win in Calgary, he wont win in this tournament and he wont win in Edmonton (if he goes to Edmonton...lolol)

Loooooosers all around....

Old
05-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
We are going home without a MEDAL...

The days of winning medals out of putting a team together out of no names is OVER for CANADA... The HOCKEY world has pretty much caught up...

Hockey Canada does not realize this than FIRING needs to be done after this tournament...

I hope WE GET relegated, its the only way we can go forward...

ALSO for all those people who fake injury (STAMKOS im talking to YOU) and say NO when HC comes calling should repay the MONEY hockey Canada invested in them....

Its the only way...Im freak en pissed
Classic over-reaction post. It brings back memories of past WHC.

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:15 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Classic over-reaction post. It brings back memories of past WHC.
Classic over reaction ???

Do you NOT see it ????

They ALWAYS cut the BEST players, either its in the WJC or in the WHC (they never invite the BEST!!!)

Really< WTF is RNH 18 year old doing on this when last year he was CUT from WJC team canada!!! Really ....

Your telling me that RNH is better than Spezza ????

mod edit

Old
05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
therealdeal

I think the biggest problem with people in this thread is that they don't understand how insignificant the roster is. Our team is totally capable of winning this tournament. The only thing that matters is how well they play, and how bad they want it.

Canada didn't want it today against the US, therefore we didn't win. Does anyone really think one player would make our whole team skate harder and actually hit their passes? No. We just have to execute a good game plan.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
I think the biggest problem with people in this thread is that they don't understand how insignificant the roster is. Our team is totally capable of winning this tournament. The only thing that matters is how well they play, and how bad they want it.

Canada didn't want it today against the US, therefore we didn't win. Does anyone really think one player would make our whole team skate harder and actually hit their passes? No. We just have to execute a good game plan.
Spezza contiously leads his team to the first round of the playoffs, this equates to speeza would singlehandedly win this tourny for canada

Rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:52 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:

Remove RNH and replace him by Spezza - take the worse player out and replace him by a better player...makes the team 2 x better.

RNH is NOT ready ....He is ready for the OILERS (that is why they have first pick again this year) BUT he is NOT ready for TEMA canada...AND AND AND he will NOT NOT NOT be ready for 2014...

I will repeat: he will NOT NOT NOT be ready for 2014...there are better players

Old
05-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Justinov

Quote:

Agreed. In the end it's not about big names but about attitude and willing to work for each other. Stars matters offcourse, but they can have the effect that everyone expects others to do the work. No stars and everyone knows you must work 100% all the match to have a chance. What is needed is leadership that can make people work as a team.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Agreed. In the end it's not about big names but about attitude and willing to work for each other. Stars matters offcourse, but they can have the effect that everyone expects others to do the work. No stars and everyone knows you must work 100% all the match to have a chance. What is needed is leadership that can make people work as a team.
So for you RNH > Spezza....please...tell me what you would do.....you have 1 change possible, what would you do for this team? You leave it alone or you make a change?

Old
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
So for you RNH > Spezza....please...tell me what you would do.....you have 1 change possible, what would you do for this team? You leave it alone or you make a change?
Wow you need to grab a clue. RNH isn't the reason this team lost 1 game. Its posts like yours that make it abundantly clear when a poster is new to hockey, and if not new, completely clueless.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Well RNH seemed very nervous or sick?. Maybe he should sit out a game, or be used against lesser teams where he might shine more. But saying no to Spezza was plain weird. But i figure they want to use the WC for testing young players.

But he is not the real problem.
It's the whole attitude (Tavares/Skinner excepted). On big ice you need to have speed, speed and speed. You need to avoid stupid penalties. Power play is really dangerous on big ice. (Remember 1995 with Kuivo, Lehtonen, Peltonen og the 1980's with famous russian green line). You have to bring the physical play forward towards the goal (smashing against the side of the rink is really irrelevant on big ice). I mean rushes like you saw USA doing most of the match this game. It seems that short rink play makes many north americans think hits is an essential part of hockey it's not on big ice. A real leadership figure will give all the players a real whipping of their pride. "Next time you scate until you faint" as a figure of speech...that's why USA won. Intensity of play, not big hits. Over 40 shoots on Canada. It's numbers you are expecting to see France or Italy receiving.
So what would I chance. A leader that can talk charge. Even without Spezza their must be one of the Canadian teams that have pride on their country and their hockey. Would Sundin have been happy if Sweden had played like that? I can almost imagine him in the lockerroom!

Old
05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Wow you need to grab a clue. RNH isn't the reason this team lost 1 game. Its posts like yours that make it abundantly clear when a poster is new to hockey, and if not new, completely clueless.
woooooooooooooooooooo

RNH is good enough to play on the OILERS not here....Get a clue...

He COST us a GOAL

He should have been and SHOULD be replace by Spezza...its NOT 1 GAME

if they DONT make any changes they will not medal...THEY WILL NOT MEDAL

Its NOT 1 GAME.....its the WAY they LOST also (40 shots on nets)

its the way WJC hockey teams are also picked, they (HC) NEVER pick the BEST players....

And than they go an call KYLE QUINCEY !!!!!!!!

ITS NOT 1 GAME....

HC Canada does not GET it, You dont get it!!!....They will get it when they go without a GOLD medal (WJC, WHC, Olympics...) for the next 4 years...

WAKE UP

Old
05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Qrispy

USA dominated Canada all game. 1 player doesn't change a thing. The team as a whole needs to be better.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Baba Booey
Rookie User

I say we add a heart and soul guy with our last spot. Not sure who but I feel like this team needs energy more than anything else.

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:23 PM
the doctor

Lowe should really not be involved with Hockey Canada, he's a very poor manager.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
RNH was bad in the 1st game, and awful in the second game. Does not mean he should get cut, but it's obvious he has played poorly

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Justinov

The miracle on iced (olympics 1980) showed that it's not about stars but about attitude. USA worked and worked and won over the Sovjets that believed in their own invincibility (and then didn't work as hard as the US - they lost even though not a single american player could have made the Sovjet team. In 100 games USA would be lucky to win one against the Sovjets - and they did! It's not like an NHL best of 7 playoff...it's one game and anything is possible. USA beat England (1-0) in WC 1950 (football/soccer) - the first time England participated because they felt they players were so superior to others they didn't want to lower themselves to play in the prewar WC. Italy lost in WC 1966 to North Korea 3-2 and was met with rotten tomatos back in Italy. Attitude (teamWORK) makes the difference. Big names-on-paper is just exploits of the past.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
Lowe should really not be involved with Hockey Canada, he's a very poor manager.
Yet he was a key component of the Hockey Canada management teams for 2002 and 2010 gold medals. I am not saying that he is perfect or should be the top person, but please learn some history.

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
I hate Lowe as much as next guy but how is it his fault NHL superstars don't show up to play?