HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nail Yakupov general discussion thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 09:19 PM
oilfaninvan

vCash: 500
Healy is an idiot.

Plus, when the cap goes up to 90mil I'm sure we'll be able to afford everyone.

If Toronto had the first pick they'd be putting up Yakupov billboards.

Side note- why has no one photoshopped yak in an oilers jersey yet?

Old
JSC
Registered Sniper

Lol healy is a crackhead, theres a reason he doesnt have a job in the nhl

Old
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDarsh View Post
Its already been reported that the Leafs have made an offer for Yakupov. The Toronto media is trying to convince oiler nation that they would be stupid not to trade them the 1st pick overall.

Healy said that Oilers Have to trade down for murray"

It would be like any draft where teams would be looking at Stamkos, Crosby and Ovechkin like players at the draft and thinking.....man oh man they are okay but we won't be able to afford them when they score to many goals so lets get Jay Bouwmeester 2.0 instead!!!
Anyone suprised that the Eastern dominated HNIC would be behind the TML getting Yakupov?

Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Ugh, I've had it with this nonsense.

Healy just went on a rant on Hockey Night in Canada about how the Oilers absolutely have to move the number one pick. "They won't be able to afford (what?) Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins -- move the pick and draft a defencemen."

What really disgusted me was that nobody argued or objected. Elliotte Friedman went on to say, "The thing is Glen, I think they really like Murray but if they trade down then what happens if some other team takes him before they get the chance?"

What???? You're all ****ing insane. Draft Yakupov Tambellini! I'm sick of this envious, "Wa wa wa! The Oilers are drafting first overall three years running. Too much talent! Move the pick!" nonsense. All of this junk comes from opposition fans (on this very board) and the eastern media. I'm sure that Burke would really love the chance to draft Yakupov, eh Glen? Well, too bad.
Where was this envy when Tampa Bay, NY Islanders, Florida were drafting high. Why is this envy here now because it's the Oilers drafting #1 instead of some team in the east. Getting fed up with the eastern media's hatred of the Oilers.

06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
oilfaninvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Lol healy is a crackhead, theres a reason he doesnt have a job in the nhl
This. If he was such a genius, he would be an NHL GM.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

In any which case, the so-called concern over the Oilers being able to fit Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Hall and Yakupov under the cap is moot at best. If the Oilers are lucky enough that they all become 6 million per players then good. That means they've all panned out. If one of them stumbles or doesn't completely fit in then we've got some trade options and can move one of them down the round.

Rolling the dice doesn't make any sense at this juncture.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
My advice is learn to like Murray or Reinhart because that's who the Oilers are drafting. Between Hot Stove tonight and Matty's article, word is starting to filter out that the Oilers are strongly leaning that way.
Where the **** is the proof? Matheson is a jerk and has a love affair with Murray.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Anyone suprised that the Eastern dominated HNIC would be behind the TML getting Yakupov?
Where is Eric Francis when we need him. Why is all the NNIC Hot Stove from the east that hate the Oilers and are jealous of the Oilers. None of this was said with the Pens had all those high draft picks 3 years in a row. Why now? More proof of the Oilers hatred.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:30 PM
oilersfan11

I'm keeping the faith that the Oilers management will do the right thing.

Yakupov will be a Oiler on June 22nd.!

Old
06-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Where is Eric Francis when we need him. Why is all the NNIC Hot Stove from the east that hate the Oilers and are jealous of the Oilers. None of this was said with the Pens had all those high draft picks 3 years in a row. Why now? More proof of the Oilers hatred.
They're only repeating what they hear. Will you still call it Oilers hatred when they actually do draft Murray/Reinhart?

Old
06-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Who cares? I'll have a good laugh when we draft Nail. Then we can hear about how he's not leaving Russia all summer, and finally Nail will shut the haters up once the season starts. I hope he gets a hattrick in his first game against Toronto.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:32 PM
oilers92

thank god these morons on hnic have no say how does pits afford crosby, neal, malkin, fluery, martin, staal its not impossible to sign 4 guys

Old
06-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
My advice is learn to like Murray or Reinhart because that's who the Oilers are drafting. Between Hot Stove tonight and Matty's article, word is starting to filter out that the Oilers are strongly leaning that way.
Matheson has been out of the loop for a while, most notably during the Hall/Seguin debate when he firmly believed right until the end that the Oilers were taking Seguin.

HINC guys operate primarily in eastern canada. TO media guys like Healy have gone out of their way to dump on the organization in the past and are unlikely to have any sort confidential information out of the organization.

But as people have pointed out, they are campaigning for the Oilers to take Murray based on their simplistic analyst of the Oilers depth chart. None of them are suggesting the Oilers are leaning that way or looking to move in that direction, and is in fact contrary to a lot of what the Oilers have been saying(assessing the best player, unlikely to trade, position will only matter if players are equal and a choice needs to be made, etc)

Old
06-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
They're only repeating what they hear. Will you still call it Oilers hatred when they actually do draft Murray/Reinhart?
Got a link to back up your statements?

Old
06-02-2012, 09:34 PM
oilers92

Quote:
the media last yr said the pick could be larsson the yr before it could be seguin there just trying to stir it up see taveres and hedmen for a similar yr to this one a clear number 1 pick and then a d-men with some upside but not as much

Old
06-02-2012, 09:36 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:

The Oilers will lose so many fans if they do this.

A huge mistake in the making.

Parise/Pouliot 2003

Doan/Kelly 1996

tkachuk/Allison 1990

Murray/Yakupov 2012

Old
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Oilerfan93

I think the oilers scouts are just feeding us a bunch of bs. Saying their Is no clear number 1 is rediculous. Nail came over, not playing any north American hockey, not knowing any English and beat stamkos rookie record. How can you not say he isn't the clear number one?

Old
06-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers will lose so many fans if they do this.

A huge mistake in the making.

Parise/Pouliot 2003

Doan/Kelly 1996

tkachuk/Allison 1990

Murray/Yakupov 2012
Agreed.

I also find it amusing that the architect of Parise/Pouliot is quoted in Matty's article.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
the media last yr said the pick could be larsson the yr before it could be seguin there just trying to stir it up see taveres and hedmen for a similar yr to this one a clear number 1 pick and then a d-men with some upside but not as much
Exactly. This is nothing new and it's not unique to the Oilers either. The media will always debate the #1 overall. The only year I can recall where there was no real debate was when Crosby was drafted. Although some people were trying to pump Gilbert freaking Brule's tires.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:06 PM
vanoil81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Because they want to give the kid a bit of a break??

Why you always trying to stir **** up anyways?

I'm not trying to stir **** up, I'm just relaying articles/facts that help to understand who the Oilers are going to draft.
I'm the biggest Yakupov fan, have been following him since last year.
So, of course I was ecstatic when the Oilers won the draft lottery.

But, all the comments and behaviour of the Oilers Brass, has given me and I'm sure other Oilers fans the feeling that they will draft Ryan Murray (either 1st overall or trade down).

Right after the draft lottery, (in the media scrum), Tambellini basically said that there was no clear #1 (even though TSN had a video montage on Yakupov).
When Tambellini was asked about Yakupov, there was an awkward pause as if he just swallowed a lemon and he was fighting for words to describe Yakupov.

Then, Murray gets invited to the WHC. Of course, the Edmonton media goes into overdrive about that event. I like Murray as a defenseman but he is not first pick material. Living in Vancouver, and working with a colleague that has a son in the WHL. I can say that I have seen Murray play first hand, and he does not seem like a guy that will project into a Niedermeyer/Doughty.

Some fans say that the Oilers Brass (OB) are just trying to keep people guessing who they are going to pick like previous years. I don't buy that at all. In 2010, Hall and Seguin were showered with praise by the OB. In 2011, RNH, Landeskog and Larsson same thing. This year, it's all about Murray, and the compliments about Yakupov have been very few and far between. It's as if Tambellini wishes he never won the Lottery. The Edmonton Media (not just Matheson) have been slowly getting behind the Murray bandwagon ever since the WHC.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/06/0...ian-to-the-nhl

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/05/0...th-team-canada

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...019/story.html

Even Stauffer, who basically is the Oilers spokesperson, was trumpeting Yakupov right after the lottery win, stating that the Oilers need to draft him because you can never have too much offense. But, a couple of weeks ago he began trumpeting Murray.

Now I read that Galchenyuk and Yakupov have a meeting with Burke in Toronto on Sunday, before Yakupov arrives in Edmonton. Is Burke planning to replicate his Sedins acquisition?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Brian...p-Up/153/44743

All the other GM's that have a top 5 pick met with Yakupov before the Draft Lottery, while Tambellini met with yakupov for the first time at the Combine.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...626/story.html

I just hope, really hope that when Tambellini gets up to the podium, he says
"The Edmonton Oilers are so proud to select from the Sarnia Sting... Nail Yakupov."
But I have a gut feeling that this will only be a dream.

I apologize for the long rant, but I had to get this off my chest.

Last edited by vanoil81: 06-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
oilfaninvan

Quote:
Matheson quoted the scout who made the oilers a terrible hockey team,

And Healy was just loving the sound of his own voice.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfaninvan View Post
Matheson quoted the scout who made the oilers a terrible hockey team,

And Healy was just loving the sound of his own voice.
Wasn't it also KP who didn't pick RNH for the world junior team in 2010/11.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoil81 View Post
I'm not trying to stir **** up, I'm just relaying articles/facts that help to understand who the Oilers are going to draft.
I'm the biggest Yakupov fan, have been following him since last year.
So, of course I was ecstatic when the Oilers won the draft lottery.

But, all the comments and behaviour of the Oilers Brass, has given me and I'm sure other Oilers fans the feeling that they will draft Ryan Murray (either 1st overall or trade down).

Right after the draft lottery, (in the media scrum), Tambellini basically said that there was no clear #1 (even though TSN had a video montage on Yakupov).
When Tambellini was asked about Yakupov, there was an awkward pause as if he just swallowed a lemon and he was fighting for words to describe Yakupov.

Then, Murray gets invited to the WHC. Of course, the Edmonton media goes into overdrive about that event. I like Murray as a defenseman but he is not first pick material. Living in Vancouver, and working with a colleague that has a son in the WHL. I can say that I have seen Murray play first hand, and he does not seem like a guy that will project into a Niedermeyer/Doughty.

Some fans say that the Oilers Brass (OB) are just trying to keep people guessing who they are going to pick like previous years. I don't buy that at all. In 2010, Hall and Seguin were showered with praise by the OB. In 2011, RNH, Landeskog and Larsson same thing. This year, it's all about Murray, and the compliments about Yakupov have been very few and far between. It's as if Tambellini wishes he never won the Lottery. The Edmonton Media (not just Matheson) have been slowly getting behind the Murray bandwagon ever since the WHC.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/06/0...ian-to-the-nhl

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/05/0...th-team-canada

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...019/story.html

Even Stauffer, who basically is the Oilers spokesperson, was trumpeting Yakupov right after the lottery win, stating that the Oilers need to draft him because you can never have too much offense. But, a couple of weeks ago he began trumpeting Murray.

Now I read that Galchenyuk and Yakupov have a meeting with Burke in Toronto on Sunday, before Yakupov arrives in Edmonton. Is Burke planning to replicate his Sedins acquisition?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Brian...p-Up/153/44743

All the other GM's that have a top 5 pick met with Yakupov before the Draft Lottery, while Tambellini met with yakupov for the first time at the Combine.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...626/story.html

I just hope, really hope that when Tambellini gets up to the podium, he says
"The Edmonton Oilers are so proud to select from the Sarnia Sting... Nail Yakupov."
But I have a gut feeling that this will only be a dream.

I apologize for the long rant, but I had to get this off my chest.
So you're basically going on a hunch...or could easily summerize by just saying IMO.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
When the Oilers drafted Hall almost everyone in the Edmonton media was saying they should draft Seguin. What the media is saying doesn't matter at all.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
If it's come to us looking to Eric Francis for perspective we are all in trouble. The world must be ending in 2012 after all.

Closed Thread