HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto - making it a 6 on 4 since 2010.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
He's a offensive d-man that acts way too jumpy with the puck. Like he's not comfortable handling it.
It's the equivalent of a point guard being uncomfortable with the basketball.

Doesn't make sense...

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
So just because Del Zotto is on the ice when a goal is scored against, that makes it his fault? I could have sworn there are 4 other guys on the ice when it happens plus a goalie.....
Thank you.

The only goal that Del Zotto can get any real blame for in this game was the 1st one...and the fault on that one should mostly fall on Rupp.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
doesn't say much since our Top 3 D are all D-minded First

I think we want DelZaster to become a Niedermayer eventually

Doubt that will ever happen.....even with the talent he's supposed to possess

McDonagh has as good a chance to become more complete 2-way D-man once he adds a little more O in his game
Neidermayer is too high expectations. Neids was elite at defense first and foremost and was efficient at rushing the puck up the ice. I'm just hoping he keeps refining the defensive side to his game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
his biggest weakness is intelligence. he is not a smart player at all.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:42 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He's a offensive d-man that acts way too jumpy with the puck. Like he's not comfortable handling it.
It's the equivalent of a point guard being uncomfortable with the basketball.

Doesn't make sense...
this is why you can't PAIR him with TOOL BICKEL.

EVERY F'ing time I see that pairing......I know something BAD......REAL BAD is about to happen

Hence....it did tonight

I even said it to my son.......Oh No...is Delzaster really with STU out there???@!!!! WTF??!!! BOOM!!! DEVILS GOAL@@!!! GIONTA???@@!!!

that's pretty much how it was all night

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Thank you.

The only goal that Del Zotto can get any real blame for in this game was the 1st one...and the fault on that one should mostly fall on Rupp.
no.....the fault on the first goal is clearly between DelZaster and Bickel. WATCH THE PLAY

MDZ leaves his area for a TRIPLE TEAM on a Devil player along the boards. TRIPLE TEAM??!!! R u F'ing KIDDING ME??@!!!

there is DoucheZaster's intelligence and defensive awareness in prime example there....

Then...TOOL BICKEL leaves Lundqvist ALL ALONE because he decides to chase a player in the high slot, leaving F'ing Gionta WIDE OPEN!!! Stephen GIONTA for Christ's Sakes@!!! It's not even Brian Gionta!!!

On the Game Winner...he was being pressured but had an opportunity to make a better play. He didn't....got squashed....and Voila. Game, Set, Match

Old
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
no.....the fault on the first goal is clearly between DelZaster and Bickel. WATCH THE PLAY

MDZ leaves his area for a TRIPLE TEAM on a Devil player along the boards. TRIPLE TEAM??!!! R u F'ing KIDDING ME??@!!!

there is DoucheZaster's intelligence and defensive awareness in prime example there....

Then...TOOL BICKEL leaves Lundqvist ALL ALONE because he decides to chase a player in the high slot, leaving F'ing Gionta WIDE OPEN!!! Stephen GIONTA for Christ's Sakes@!!! It's not even Brian Gionta!!!

On the Game Winner...he was being pressured but had an opportunity to make a better play. He didn't....got squashed....and Voila. Game, Set, Match

So i guess it's Del Zottos fault that we lost? The entire game is Del Zottos fault, if we get rid of him we will sweep every series right? No goals against?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
dynamoovechkin

Last game he was the worst player on the ice. Tonight he is -3. The two most important games of the year and he was just a disaster.

Talk about letting your teammates down. At times, he just gets blown by or cleanly outmuscled in the corners. His footspeed is subpar. Looks like an overmatched AHL Dman at times.

You're killing us kid!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
NikC

Delzotto will look real good in a trade package for Nash.

this kid stinks. he's a train wreck in his end and he very likely cost us this series with his mistakes.

NikC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He simply has no poise with the puck.

I'm not sure how good he's going to be, but there are definitely facets of his game that need lots of work.

He can start with, not treating the puck like it's on fire.

Old
corduroyg

del zotto is reverting back to last year's form in this series. and last year del zotto was god awful, and thats putting it kindly. hank and mdz have not been a good combo these last 2 games.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
So i guess it's Del Zottos fault that we lost? The entire game is Del Zottos fault, if we get rid of him we will sweep every series right? No goals against?
Henrik had an Off Game

But yea....you could say DelZaster has a TON of blame to shoulder for this loss. Not 100%.....but a pretty big part. He's KILLING US if you can't even acknowledge that much

Old
05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:

You know what? You're right. Rupp committing himself to checking Bernier on the boards when his assignment is to cover the point man is actually not a problem at all.

It's not like the Rangers made a huge deal out of blocking point shots after game 2's mistakes or anything.

Oh and thanks for not being obnoxious.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:03 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Delzotto will look real good in a trade package for Nash.

this kid stinks. he's a train wreck in his end and he very likely cost us this series with his mistakes.
I like this idea. I know ALOT of peeps scoffed at the idea of giving up Del Zaster when it was rumored that Howson asked for him. I wasn't one of those.

Keep our 3 core....MacTruck, Girardi, Staalsie

Erixon, Stralman, McIlrath? next year

****** Zotto in a package + for Nash

Garborik for either an Offensive D-men who can QB the PP

or trade him for a bucket of Pucks...

Sign Parise....trade Dubi (not because I want to but because you need to clear $$$)

Pipe Dream Huh???

Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
You know what? You're right. Rupp committing himself to checking Bernier on the boards when his assignment is to cover the point man is actually not a problem at all.

It's not like the Rangers made a huge deal out of blocking point shots after game 2's mistakes or anything.

Oh and thanks for not being obnoxious.
so if Rupp is running out there to check Bernier.....WTF is DelZaster doing? He's running out there because Rupp isn't big enough to handle Bernier? LOL.....he left his zone because he's DEFENSIVELY IRRESPONSIBLE! Bam Bam.....down in a hole

Old
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
NikC

Quote:
I like this idea. I know ALOT of peeps scoffed at the idea of giving up Del Zaster when it was rumored that Howson asked for him. I wasn't one of those.

Keep our 3 core....MacTruck, Girardi, Staalsie

Erixon, Stralman, McIlrath? next year

****** Zotto in a package + for Nash

Garborik for either an Offensive D-men who can QB the PP

or trade him for a bucket of Pucks...

Sign Parise....trade Dubi (not because I want to but because you need to clear $$$)

Pipe Dream Huh???
they'll be making some moves in July no doubt. The fact they were pursing Nash as hard as they were, is proof of that. Sadly there was no plan B.

I have no problem moving DelZotto, or even Gaborik for the right players. I think they need another vet defensive precense.
maybe they get Sauer back? Erixon looks good for next year, IDK about McIrath yet, but we sure do need him.

Not sold on Stralman. he's ok, but not that great in his own end either.

NikC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
they'll be making some moves in July no doubt. The fact they were pursing Nash as hard as they were, is proof of that. Sadly there was no plan B.

I have no problem moving DelZotto, or even Gaborik for the right players. I think they need another vet defensive precense.
maybe they get Sauer back? Erixon looks good for next year, IDK about McIrath yet, but we sure do need him.

That's the problem I had with the trade deadline. All the eggs where in Nash basket.

Don't mind moving Del Zotto if they can sign Shultz.

This isn't because he sucked tonight either. I just think out of the top 4, he's most expendable.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:16 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:

Forgot about Sauer.....he's a perfect 4rth. Defensively responsible.....SOLID

We need a QB for the PP in the WORST WAY.

We also need some Power Play Genius to be brought in and instill/teach a system for that. Throwing the puck around aimlessly can't fly for another season

for the right players.....MDZ and Gabby gone. This i want very very much

Old
05-23-2012, 11:18 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
That's the problem I had with the trade deadline. All the eggs where in Nash basket.

Don't mind moving Del Zotto if they can sign Shultz.

This isn't because he sucked tonight either. I just think out of the top 4, he's most expendable.

he might be that PP QB we are sorely lacking. if anything.....he's got a great point shot...accurate...on net...and the right shot too

F DelZaster......so pissed with this kid

Old
05-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

EE really hates this kid~! LOL.

How could this possibly be called a reactive thread? He missed all last year because he was god awful defending. It only takes one del zottoism to spoil a dozen great plays by Hank Danny and McD.

I think his presence in the league has shown that he just doesn't get the D - it wasn't trained in him enough. Its like a piano player who can only play fast - its not real.

And we have idiot Torts putting him on with AHL Stu fickle.

He is a failed expirement - on a team that doesn't score goals in a league that doesn't score goals you cant have this guy on your team end of story.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:31 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
EE really hates this kid~! LOL.

How could this possibly be called a reactive thread? He missed all last year because he was god awful defending. It only takes one del zottoism to spoil a dozen great plays by Hank Danny and McD.

I think his presence in the league has shown that he just doesn't get the D - it wasn't trained in him enough. Its like a piano player who can only play fast - its not real.

And we have idiot Torts putting him on with AHL Stu fickle.

He is a failed expirement - on a team that doesn't score goals in a league that doesn't score goals you cant have this guy on your team end of story.
LOL....i don't know who my favorite Ranger is at this point.

It's a tight close race between MaryAnne Charmin' Gaborik and Michelle Del Zaster

Old
05-23-2012, 11:37 PM
irishlaxburger2

I'm in favor of moving him the second we're comfortable another offensive-minded guy can completely take over his role.

It's a fluid situation though, and the above scenario could take quite a while. Perhaps in that time period, Del Zotto proves he shouldn't be moved.

irishlaxburger2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:42 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
I'm in favor of moving him the second we're comfortable another offensive-minded guy can completely take over his role.

It's a fluid situation though, and the above scenario could take quite a while. Perhaps in that time period, Del Zotto proves he shouldn't be moved.
you have too irrational and too cool of a head......it's hard to argue with that

Signing Schultz or acquiring someone via Trade is something we should be focusing on

trying to see what we can get in terms of upgrading our scoring for a piece like MDZ should be top priority as well

we finally have depth in our D-core.....time to move an asset or two to improve our Skillset in our Top 6 and preferably Top 3

we can't take the step to the "next level" without these moves imho

Old
05-23-2012, 11:43 PM
SauceCheese91

You guys doubting DZ right now need to give your ****ing heads a shake and find a new whipping boy. Its hilarious how throughout the season and towards the 1st round of the playoffs people were saying how he had made massive amounts of strides in the defensive end (which he clearly has). Now because he has had a few average-bad games in a row people are writing him off and throwing him in trade packages.

Make up your ****ing mind what you think about him, and don't base your thoughts on him around a few games. This sickens me how some of you can turn your back on a player like this.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
You guys doubting DZ right now need to give your ****ing heads a shake and find a new whipping boy. Its hilarious how throughout the season and towards the 1st round of the playoffs people were saying how he had made massive amounts of strides in the defensive end (which he clearly has). Now because he has had a few average-bad games in a row people are writing him off and throwing him in trade packages.

Make up your ****ing mind what you think about him, and don't base your thoughts on him around a few games. This sickens me how some of you can turn your back on a player like this.
um....i've been skeptical of DelZaster all year long....just like Gabby. No change of Tune here. Check my posts