HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Clowe

Old
05-01-2012, 01:32 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Sorry. I had no idea Brad Malone existed, and Downie used to be on the Lighting with Ryan Malone... It's late, sue me.

As for Brad Malone, he seems more like a 4th liner to me. Pass.
How about Downie + Sgrabossa for Clowe? haha You should know all about Sgrabossa.

So basically it's like Downie + Galiardi + Winnik for Clowe + McGinn + Connolly..

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:33 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
The complaint with the Sedins is that they are all offense. This season, when they were shut down for a little while, they couldn't contribute as well as other players that are expected to score. Iginla, Nash, Kopitar, Thornton, Richards, Hossa, Heatley, Perry, Getzlaf, Malkin, Ovechkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk...all of them have another dimension to their game. I still wouldn't trade the two of them for the world, but I think thats why they aren't as appreciated in their back yard as they are abroad.

And until Joe shows up raising money with a calender...baboon-ass joke? The parts are there, make your own joke. It's a work night .
Please don't ask me why I have this at the ready:

And yeah, I get your problems with the Sedins, but they are as dynamic offensively as anyone can be and they're contracts are extremely reasonable, so I wouldn't be complaining if I had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
How about Downie + Sgrabossa for Clowe? haha You should know all about Sgrabossa.

So basically it's like Galiardi + Winnik + Downie for Clowe + McGinn + Connolly..
Deal.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:

And yeah, I get your problems with the Sedins, but they are as dynamic offensively as anyone can be and they're contracts are extremely reasonable, so I wouldn't be complaining if I had them.

Deal.
Ok, I laughed pretty good at that. But seriously, why did you have that at the ready?

We have two superstars at reasonable rates, long term, and we're still complaining!
#canucksproblems

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:

Made my night.

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:41 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Deal.

What I would really end up doing is putting Clowe with Ryan O'Reilly and moving Landeskog to the right side. (He was able to play both sides seamlessly when Olver was on the left side.)

Clowe - O'Reilly - Landeskog

But I didn't want to scare you off from making the trade.. Dang playing against that line would suck ass.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Ok, I laughed pretty good at that. But seriously, why did you have that at the ready?

We have two superstars at reasonable rates, long term, and we're still complaining!
#canucksproblems
Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and the kiing ain't satisfied 'til he rule everything, right?

Old
05-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and the kiing ain't satisfied 'til he rule everything, right?
Sounds like us. We win another presidents trophy, and all we (or anyone else) remembers is a first round exit like we're the first team to do that.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:49 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
What I would really end up doing is putting Clowe with Ryan O'Reilly and moving Landeskog to the right side. (He was able to play both sides seamlessly when Olver was on the left side.)

But I didn't want to scare you off from making the trade.. Dang playing against that line would suck ass.
That would be a ***** to play against. But I think Clowe would be awesome with Duchene.

Quote:
Sounds like us. We win another presidents trophy, and all we (or anyone else) remembers is a first round exit like we're the first team to do that.
Against a 8th seed that's also beating up on the 2nd seed. No shame from my perspective.

I'm really hoping you got those lyrics in that last post, or I will be severely disappointed in the Canadian music industry.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:56 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
That would be a ***** to play against. But I think Clowe would be awesome with Duchene.

Against a 8th seed that's also beating up on the 2nd seed. No shame from my perspective.

I'm really hoping you got those lyrics in that last post, or I will be severely disappointed in the Canadian music industry.
Yeah that's the nice thing about Clowe, he's versatile and will be effective well into his 30s as a checking forward. All in all it's hard to imagine you guys trading him as much as I would love that.

Do you still think Winnik + Galiardi are worth what you paid? Winnik it sounds like was as advertised but Galiardi from what I seen didn't show much.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Cogburn

Quote:

Anyone with Landeskog is tough to play against, as a divisional rival I have seen him slam our players and keep going, and Clowe just compounds that.

If you guys nailed St Louis to the wall, I'm sure you'd keep that sentiment too

Ok, you got me, didn't read the white text...Springsteen...I thought he was from New Jersey though.

Last edited by Cogburn: 05-01-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Just caught the miscoloured text.
Old
05-01-2012, 02:04 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Yeah that's the nice thing about Clowe, he's versatile and will be effective well into his 30s as a checking forward. All in all it's hard to imagine you guys trading him as much as I would love that.

Do you still think Winnik + Galiardi are worth what you paid? Winnik it sounds like was as advertised but Galiardi from what I seen didn't show much.
Winnik has been ****ing amazing and fantastic and more than I hoped for but Gali... he just hasn't shown any sign of anything offensively and he gets tossed around like a rag doll. It's brutal if we don't sign Winnik, but even if we do, I think you guys win if either of the Pirate or Connolly are legit NHLers.

Quote:
Anyone with Landeskog is tough to play against, as a divisional rival I have seen him slam our players and keep going, and Clowe just compounds that.

If you guys nailed St Louis to the wall, I'm sure you'd keep that sentiment too

Ok, you got me, didn't read the white text...Springsteen...I thought he was from New Jersey though.
Oh Bruce is, but I was going to be disappointed if anyone period didn't know that.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Oh Bruce is, but I was going to be disappointed if anyone period didn't know that.
Sir Bryan Adams and Sir Corey Hart are the only musicians we need.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:08 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Sir Bryan Adams and Sir Corey Hart are the only musicians we need.
And Anne Murray, right?

Old
05-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
And Anne Murray, right?
Let's not say anything we can't take back now.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:13 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Let's not say anything we can't take back now.
Alright, time for me to try and get some sleep.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:24 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Winnik has been ****ing amazing and fantastic and more than I hoped for but Gali... he just hasn't shown any sign of anything offensively and he gets tossed around like a rag doll. It's brutal if we don't sign Winnik, but even if we do, I think you guys win if either of the Pirate or Connolly are legit NHLers.

Yeah Galiardi is frustrating and Winnik is always a fan favorite. If Winnik could hit the net he would be a solid second line power forward.

McGinn is nuts on his own.. I honestly would do the trade again just for him. Given a chance in the top 6 he really showed what he is capable of.

Since about the second or third game he played for us he has been playing like a top 6 power forward. Good hands in traffic.. Good in front of the net and a pretty accurate wrister. All while being fast and physical.

8G 5A 17GP - That's 39G 24A over 82 games. You can't ask for better than that.. (Even if he just comes close say 30/20) He created a lot of space and utilized Stastny's passing ability.

We'll see if he keeps it up.. Stastny set fire to the kid.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 05-01-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 02:29 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
The complaint with the Sedins is that they are all offense. This season, when they were shut down for a little while, they couldn't contribute as well as other players that are expected to score. Iginla, Nash, Kopitar, Thornton, Richards, Hossa, Heatley, Perry, Getzlaf, Malkin, Ovechkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk...all of them have another dimension to their game. I still wouldn't trade the two of them for the world, but I think thats why they aren't as appreciated in their back yard as they are abroad.

And until Joe shows up raising money with a calender...baboon-ass joke? The parts are there, make your own joke. It's a work night .
Sorry but without offense the bolded offer little to nothing.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:42 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Yeah Galiardi is frustrating and Winnik is always a fan favorite. If Winnik could hit the net he would be a solid second line power forward.

McGinn is nuts on his own.. I honestly would do the trade again just for him. Given a chance in the top 6 he really showed what he is capable of.

Since about the second or third game he played for us he has been playing like a top 6 power forward. Good hands in traffic.. Good in front of the net and a pretty accurate wrister. All while being fast and physical.

8G 5A 17GP - That's 39G 24A over 82 games. You can't ask for better than that.. (Even if he just comes close say 30/20) He created a lot of space and utilized Stastny's passing ability.

We'll see if he keeps it up.. Stastny set fire to the kid.
Yeah, I don't know what happened to Ginner. He's a classic case of "needed a change of scenery", I guess. He had absolutely not chemistry with anyone on the Sharks except, ironically, Michal Handzus. He got chances to play with Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau, and he couldn't form chemistry with any of them. Did you know that the year before this one it took him bloody 49 games to score a goal? And in that time, he was given every linemate he could ask for, PP time, everything. I guess Stastny's just the perfect fit for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Heater's good defensively. And most of the rest of them are physical. I do get Malkin, Getzlaf, and Kovalchuk though.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Is there any chance Taylor Doherty could get moved in a package with Clowe? I've had my eye on that kid for awhile.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:46 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Clowe for Raymond and VAN 1st 2012?
To VAN: Clowe + SJS 2nd
To SJS: Raymond + VAN 1st

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:53 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what happened to Ginner. He's a classic case of "needed a change of scenery", I guess. He had absolutely not chemistry with anyone on the Sharks except, ironically, Michal Handzus. He got chances to play with Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau, and he couldn't form chemistry with any of them. Did you know that the year before this one it took him bloody 49 games to score a goal? And in that time, he was given every linemate he could ask for, PP time, everything. I guess Stastny's just the perfect fit for him.

Heater's good defensively. And most of the rest of them are physical. I do get Malkin, Getzlaf, and Kovalchuk though.
It's interesting that he was looked at as needing a change of scenery. I thought he was already on what was considered a breakout year (on pace for 20) when he was traded? I don't think I expect him to keep that pace (62pts) up but after he started scoring he just got better and better. So I am hoping he got a taste of what he is capable of.

He seemed to have a lot of confidence and was scoring on the power play with other players. Mueller and McGinn connected a few times off of Muell's slap shots. Somehow him and Landeskog ended up out there together as well.

I think he even had a couple goals that Stastny had nothing to do with 5v5, but I definitely think Stastny lit the fire. He was blowing shots by goalies one on one as well.

It's funny in his interviews he was really excited about getting more ice time and mentioned scoring goals a lot and that is exactly what he did.

He went from 11 minutes to 16-17 a night pretty quick. (He also had 55 shots in 17GP vs 104 in 61GP. That projects as 265 shots.. Someone must have told him to shoot the puck and keep shooting.) That makes me wonder if our front office looked at his shooting percentages before going after him, and just told him to shoot more. He has had two years and the 17 games with us @ over a 13% shooting percentage. 14.8% - 08-09 / 13.2% 09-10 / 1.6% - 10-11 / 11.5% @ 61GP 105 Sh & 14.5% 17GP 55 Sh 11-12. So he's definitely had consistent stretches like that with a pretty rough blemish in 10-11.

--

I have seen Malkin play with a physical edge when hes angry. I also thought Getzlaf was considered pretty physical every year except this year for whatever reason. I think him and Perry just got a little to cute this year after all the attention.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 05-01-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
I disagree, as I think several of them bring a physical game...but I should have been more clear. The Sedins generate the one kind of offense, where many of the bolded can set up plays, finish plays, cycle, rag it, and even break in individually, undress the whole defensive team and still score. The cycle is the Sedins bread and butter, which isn't a bad thing, but it leaves us with limited options if one Sedin is injured or if a team clamps down. That was more my argument, that it was a one dimensional offense.

And for the record, it's not my belief that the Sedins aren't doing well, just my thoughts on why many of our fellow fans don't respect them as much as I feel they have earned.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
To VAN: Clowe + SJS 2nd
To SJS: Raymond + VAN 1st
Nope.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:

hmm the COL line in COL

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
From Vancouver? Probably something like Raymond + 2nd.
You forgot Ballard.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote