HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings - Edmonton (WE TRADING AGAIN!)

Old
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
From Edmontons standpoint i don't touch it. It's not an ideal return for LA in terms of player type, but in terms of value a player of Sam Gagner's worth is a good return for LA.

Why is he not good enough for top 6 minutes? I'd love to hear this one.
Other than 1/2 of his yearly point production came in a two weeks span and the fact that Kopitar,Brown,Williams,Richards,Carter,Gagne are better hockey players he is simply not a fit for the Kings and I wouldn't want him in the bottom 6 where his lack of physical play wouldn't be doing well in Sutters defensive scheme.
The Kings lack wingers (LW preferable) and Bernier could be a damn fine addition if we have to acquire one. I could see Lombardi keeping Bernier till Quick resigns. No harm in having a really good number two goaltender on the team.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:10 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Oilers already have a Bernier. His name is Devan Dubnyk. What we don't have is a decent player who could replace Sammy on our second line. So no thanks, its trading something we need for what is at best a side step in net.
Same for the Kings, we have players that can fill the roll gagner does, and I wouldn't want him at the expense of Bernier. Nice player but not really what we're looking for. If Hemsky could play 70+ games a year he'd be great, but we have enough fragile wingers in Gagne and Williams.

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFire81 View Post
Oilers don't need Gagner since they acquired Ryan Johansen in my other proposal
Columbus didn't do that trade, remember?

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
but maybe HE would prefer to be a starter somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
than somewhere have to trade for him. Simple and plain.
Just because other teams need a goalie doesn't mean we give him away for free.

We need a scoring winger.... is someone offer us one for Stoll or Martinez ????
wouldn't mind getting Stoll back or having Martinez in a deal with Bernier.....we'll give you RW Hemsky, RW Omark, d-man Colton Tuebert back and our 2nd round pick this year, #32....deal?

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

I like bernier but I think some fans are over valuing him a bit. Unlike schneider he has not proven much and is still an unknown quantity

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
wouldn't mind getting Stoll back or having Martinez in a deal with Bernier.....we'll give you RW Hemsky, RW Omark, d-man Colton Tuebert back and our 2nd round pick this year, #32....deal?
hahaha .......... well played.
replace Hemsky with MPS and we have a deal

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
You'd need a replacement winger, then, because the price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
hahaha .......... well played.
replace Hemsky with MPS and we have a deal
ok then, let's do some paper work!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
rockinghockey

I see Gagner as a 2nd line centreman, LA has Kopitar and Carter, where does Gagner fit, also Bernier's numbers are no better than Dubnyk so doesn't make sense for EDM.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:31 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You'd need a replacement winger, then, because the price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle.
Oh please.

Can you go back to the Columbus thread with that junk? The fact that you're purposely trying to bring up that discussion here makes it seem like you're just trolling for a response.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:47 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I see Gagner as a 2nd line centreman, LA has Kopitar and Carter, where does Gagner fit, also Bernier's numbers are no better than Dubnyk so doesn't make sense for EDM.
richards is the second line center carter plays right wing on that line

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Oh please.

Can you go back to the Columbus thread with that junk? The fact that you're purposely trying to bring up that discussion here makes it seem like you're just trolling for a response.
Not trolling for responses (although those are interesting too); just trying to make sure that the point sinks in with Oil fans.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
MisterT

Quote:
Los Angeles Kings receive
C Sam Gagner

Edmonton Oilers receive
G Jonathan Bernier

Why the Kings do this:
Kings don't need Bernier because they got an elite goalie in Quick and they need offense and they'll get that with Gagner

Why the Oilers do this:
In my other proposal, Oilers traded away Dunyk. So the Oilers replace em with imo a better goalie in Bernier. Now Oilers hopefully have that legit goalie. Oilers don't need Gagner since they acquired Ryan Johansen in my other proposal
I always wondered whatever became of Joey Moss.

This clown should be banned from making another proposal.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Not trolling for responses (although those are interesting too); just trying to make sure that the point sinks in with Oil fans.
The point that a 21 point center is worth a 76 point allstar?

He's a good player, but let's not be silly just yet.

T-Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
The point that a 21 point center is worth a 76 point allstar?

He's a good player, but let's not be silly just yet.
Johan was at that All-Star Game too, but that's not the point. It's not an expression of value, it's more of a "This is the price we require. No less. Now QUIT ASKING ALREADY."

Old
05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
EdmOil63*

Quote:
Johan was at that All-Star Game too, but that's not the point. It's not an expression of value, it's more of a "This is the price we require. No less. Now QUIT ASKING ALREADY."
No one is asking.. There just letting you know that you don't know what your talking about. Come back to reality.

Sam Gagner doesn't make sense for a team with Anze kopitar and Mike Richards as a dual. Gagner to small for 3/4 line

EdmOil63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:36 PM
no name

Quote:
Perhaps i could have phrased it better but i certainly did not say allllllll LA fans were saying that. Although a couple have come to his defense.

Again why are you telling me about Gagner or Hemsky? I'm not advocating a trade. The only reasin they got brought up is because they are most certainly not "3rd liners".

You can be highly touted all you want but you have to deliver the goods, and Bernier hasn't. In fact i believe his sv% was below league average, on the second best defensive team in the league. Size matters very much for goalies, it's the number one cited flaw for our goalie prospect Oliver Roy who is the same size. If you think a goaltenders size is irrelevant you haven't been paying attention. He is getting the benifit of the doubt, if he wasn't he'd be worth a 5th rounder. Somebidy offered ****ing Hemsky, i call that the benifit of the doubt.

This isn't my point, and again i'm not advocating a deal, but Gagner would be a very nice return, the only reason he isn't is because of LA's center situation. Getting a bonafide 2nd line center who was outscored by only 7 younger centers iirc (4 of which were the 1st forwards taken in their draft year) is not a poor return. Gagner is 22 and a steady 40+ point guy, who has a career ppg that works out to 49 points per 82 games is not a bad return (especially when you consider the circumstances he's been in). To put his career ppg, and this years results in perspective he would have been 4th on the Kings in points. Gagner is not some kind of insulting offer.
Bernier had two bad games all year. One of them was when he was called in to repl;ace Quick who had given up 4 goals, and Bernier let in 3. Bernier's shutout to start ration is through the roof. Also, check his shots saved stat as opposed to just save percentage. Kings D allows way more shots when Bernier is in net for some reason. The Kings are different teams in front each goalie so saying the Kings are the second best defensive team doesn't hold water in this case.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:51 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Now that the Oilers have acquired Bernier, where is the thread for a Dubnyk trade thread??

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Maybe Taylor Hall for one of Carter/Richards/Kopitar? + if it's not Kopitar.

Edmonton is gonna be stacked on wings, especially if they draft Yakupov. RNH and Eberle are better and more important to the oilers than Hall is IMO. Which makes him expendable for the right package.

To Edmonton Oilers: Carter/Richards/ + or just Kopitar.

To Los Angeles Kings: Taylor Hall.

Fair trade? You are stacked on C but you need goalscoring wingers, hence Hall.
**** no

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmOil63 View Post
No one is asking.. There just letting you know that you don't know what your talking about. Come back to reality.

Sam Gagner doesn't make sense for a team with Anze kopitar and Mike Richards as a dual. Gagner to small for 3/4 line
The OP's statement, and I quote, was as follows:

Quote:
That looks like someone to me. Well, unless you're being disparagingly dismissive towards the OP, in which case I fully approve and will cheerfully withdraw.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Lol you funny

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Lol you funny
I'm happy you think so.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Bernier had two bad games all year. One of them was when he was called in to repl;ace Quick who had given up 4 goals, and Bernier let in 3. Bernier's shutout to start ration is through the roof. Also, check his shots saved stat as opposed to just save percentage. Kings D allows way more shots when Bernier is in net for some reason. The Kings are different teams in front each goalie so saying the Kings are the second best defensive team doesn't hold water in this case.
That's ridiculous, they are the same team. Bernier doesn't make players play differently. If your team plays so much worse with him, wouln't you get rid of him? Shot amount doesn't matter, the percenatge of shots saved does. Just because a team allows more shots doesn't mean his sv% should be worse. Bernier has not been playing at a level that woul indicate he is ready to be a starter. Sv% is the most relevant an objective stat, although team differences can account for disparity in results, it's clear playing for LA is an advantage.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:22 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Edmonton doesn't need Bernier. Dubnyk is at least just as good as Bernier.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:11 AM
no name

Quote:
That's ridiculous, they are the same team. Bernier doesn't make players play differently. If your team plays so much worse with him, wouln't you get rid of him? Shot amount doesn't matter, the percenatge of shots saved does. Just because a team allows more shots doesn't mean his sv% should be worse. Bernier has not been playing at a level that woul indicate he is ready to be a starter. Sv% is the most relevant an objective stat, although team differences can account for disparity in results, it's clear playing for LA is an advantage.
There is nothing rediculous about it. Bernier sees much more shots than Quick so quoting the Kings defense as a reference doesn't hold equal value. Why he sees such a dramatic rise in shots per game can be debated, but it's not rebounds. Bernier has elite rebound control and is better than Quick in that regard. The team just had a tendency to lay down when he's in there.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote